V Magazine Top 10 Models Of F/W 08.09

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this so I decided to make one. The graphics are once again by our very own JR1! :clap:

03.21.08 TOP 10 MODELS OF FALL 2008: #10 ANNA SELEZNEVA
Angus Munro finds that the graceful Russian is very much in-demand

032108_ANNASLxf.jpg

10. Anna Selezneva (SILENT)
Having spent last season studying photography and perfecting her walk, Anna was fully prepared to take the shows show by storm. In the end, this super graceful young Russian was only able to do the Paris shows, but a YSL exclusive testified her huge potential, and lead to castings for Hermès, Lanvin, and Louis Vuitton. As a result, she's now caught the eyes of starmakers like Steven Meisel, Mario Sorrenti, and Craig McDean, as well Mario Testino, who shot her for an upcoming issue of V the day after the Paris collections ended. Also look for her in French Vogue by both Hedi Slimane and Terry Richardson, and in an upcoming David Yurman campaign photographed by Peter Lindbergh. When it comes to Anna, looks like some people can't keep their lenses to themselves.
Photography Dan & Corina Lecca
Design Jamie Richards

YSL Exclusive? Lanvin? Meisel? French Vogue? :buzz:

This girl should be in Style.com's Top 10 New Models list!!!

Well, she wasn't a YSL exclusive actually...she did Balmain earlier.

03.28.08 TOP 10 MODELS OF FALL 2008: #9 NATALIA CHABANENKO
A Prada exclusive is propelling this striking Ukrainian to the top
nc1.jpg

9. Natalia Chabanenko (Women Milan)
The opening girl at Prada generates huge excitement every season. It's no exception for Fall 2008, and Natalia is, for me, perhaps the most intriguing girl of recent times. In Polaroids she has an otherworldly quality that, combined with her incredible feline eyes and full lips, will translate beautifully onto (what was once) celluloid. Natalia would certainly be higher up on the list had she done a non-exclusive full season, but nevertheless she'll be the number one new girl suggestion for my campaign clients over the next few weeks. And once her pending American visa comes through, New York is undoubtedly hers for the taking.

Photography Dan & Corina Lecca
Design Jamie Richards

Well, she wasn't a YSL exclusive actually...she did Balmain earlier.

it could have been some weird sort of exclusive....because she opened Bailman on the first day then did nothing at all until 4 days later, YSL. unless she was busy shooting things.

the same type of exclusive I think happened with Alexandra Tretter - she did Mannish Arora on the first day, then nothing until Nina Ricci, and Ford have said on an image they released that she was a Nina Ricci exclusive.

Hmm that is true....perhaps some casting director exclusive? Just like Martha Streck in Milan (correct me if I am wrong)

And I expected Natalia to appear on this list...but I swear, the more I see her, the more she looks like ANTM's Russian bride Natasha :lol: :ninja:

^Do not diss Natasha :lol:

BTW, I read somewhere that Anna was a Balmain exclusive.

All these exclusive issues are driving me crazy, what's a casting director exclusive? And Natalia really does look like Natasha!

I think it means that a model only does the shows that the director casts and no others...it doesn't have the cachet of the exclusives but the model will appear more and could potentially make a bigger impact.

Anna seems like a girl that Meisel would love.I predict a Vogue Italia cover this year.I'm actually kind of hoping Meisel jumps on this and shoots her for VI soon before someone else does, I kind of like her look ,especially in the last photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Angus Munro meant Anna S. had a YSL exclusive last season?

^Either Bailman said she can't do shows for a certain number of days (since their show is on the 1st day of Paris fashion week) or YSL wanted her after the Bailman show and said she couldn't do any more shows until after she walked their show. Something like that.

^Either Bailman said she can't do shows for a certain number of days (since their show is on the 1st day of Paris fashion week) or YSL wanted her after the Bailman show and said she couldn't do any more shows until after she walked their show. Something like that.

The latter makes more sense to me...that's also considered an exclusive:blink:?

Anyway thx for clearing all the confusion *Bianca*!!:flower:

Why so sloooow? It's been more than three weeks since #9...

At this rate the list won't be finished until next season, and by then we'll all know who really came out on top, as editorials and campaigns start pouring in. The appeal of these lists - for me, at least - is the element of speculation. You know, hints about yet-to-be-revealed bookings and Angus' own predictions for the future.

I wonder if they've replaced it with the 'model of the week' thing...

Yeah, I thought about that too. But it doesn't make sense to stop in the middle of things like that :judge:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->