Exfoliators

twilight fairy

Reaction score
any really good (price around 20 - 35 dollars) exfoliators out there that remove flakiness? my skin tends to flake around the nose and the between the eybrows. :ninja:

A very cheap and non abrasive (in the sense that it isn't like ground almond shells or something :innocent:) scrub is a combination of cetaphil or some mild moisturizing cleanser and some baking soda. Baking soda dissolves so it shouldn't cause tears in your skin but it has a pretty rough texture to help flake off dead skin. It is worth a try. I have been using it for a while and it helps get flakes off...

Originally posted by foxinthesnow@Jan 19th, 2004 - 1:58 pm
A very cheap and non abrasive (in the sense that it isn't like ground almond shells or something :innocent:) scrub is a combination of cetaphil or some mild moisturizing cleanser and some baking soda. Baking soda dissolves so it shouldn't cause tears in your skin but it has a pretty rough texture to help flake off dead skin. It is worth a try. I have been using it for a while and it helps get flakes off...
oh this reminds me of mixing sugar with a creamy cleanser, I heard it's good for dry skin because the sugar first exfoliates then melts and moisturize the skin. I've never tried it myself, though :P

I'm currently using Never A Dull Moment from Origins, it's quite nice and I love the smell, yummy :lol:
I also use Lancome Comforting Exfoliating Cream, it's very gently, but does the exfoliating work very well and leaves the skin silky smooth.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Jan 20th, 2004 - 11:13 am
*Estee Lauder's Idealist Micro D :wink:
but I heard lots of people saying that it's too harsh on the skin?

I like good old 7 Day Scrub Cream from Clinique.

OMG Terry!!! I HATE that stuff!!!!! It's soooo oily!!!!! :yuk: :yuk: Plus it contains lanoline, and I'm allergic to it anyhow... But I thought it was yucky when I tried it...

Sofia

I think that the one in the jar has lanolin, not the one in the tube. That is why we never sell the jar one-ever.

Originally posted by MissPurple@Jan 20th, 2004 - 7:51 pm
Well, actually it is, practically is the closest you can get to an at home microdermabrasion. Because it is so intense, you wont need to use it that often, of course, it is suggested to be used once a week, even though not all skins can handle that much power. I suggest this because of personal experience and of course the good feedback from customers :wink:

Originally posted by Alejandro+Jan 21st, 2004 - 11:56 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Jan 21st, 2004 - 11:56 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple@Jan 20th, 2004 - 7:51 pm
Well, actually it is, practically is the closest you can get to an at home microdermabrasion. Because it is so intense, you wont need to use it that often, of course, it is suggested to be used once a week, even though not all skins can handle that much power. I suggest this because of personal experience and of course the good feedback from customers :wink: [/b][/quote]
I'm really interested in this one and want to try due to good reviews.
but at the same time I hear people saying that it makes their skins all red and everything, and I got kinda scared, you know.
I have clear & smooth skin, and I usually use exfoliators once a week, so I'm just thinking if using Micro D once a week as well would be too harsh on my skin.

Originally posted by MissPurple@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 2:23 am

I'm really interested in this one and want to try due to good reviews.
but at the same time I hear people saying that it makes their skins all red and everything, and I got kinda scared, you know.
I have clear & smooth skin, and I usually use exfoliators once a week, so I'm just thinking if using Micro D once a week as well would be too harsh on my skin.
I suggest you to go to Estee Lauder and ask for a sample of the product. It's better for you because you dont have to spend the 45 dollars on it, and you really see if its going to cause any allergy on your skin. HTH :wink:

btw, Alejandro, does Micro D really perfectly even out the skin? :blush:

Originally posted by MissPurple@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 2:28 am
btw, Alejandro, does Micro D really perfectly even out the skin? :blush:
Well, honestly, It won't perfect your skin 100%. You will see a really nice difference, like, a rosy glow, less flaky , patchy or rough skin. Of course if you use SPF and take good care of your skin, using also Idealist skin refinisher, you will achieve better results than using the MicroD alone. The microD will do what any other scrub will do, but faster, and rough. If you use the Idealist after, which will act as a desensitivizer ( I just invented another word) meaning that it will make skin stronger, it will reduce the redness, and will make skin less sensitive to products or free radicals on the air.

I really like LUSH's "Angels on Bare Skin" facial scrub. It's got ground almonds (the nut part, *not* the shell!) and lavendar oil and Kaolin clay for scrubbing, moisturizing, and blotting up excess oil, respectively. Plus lavendar is a mild antibiotic, which is important for those of us who are blackhead and pimple prone.

It is very mild, and not very expensive. A $6.50 tub of this stuff will last you 3-6 months, and if you don't like it, you're not out a whole lot.

Their other one, "Herbalism" is milder yet--excellent for very sensitive skins--but it has chunks of rose-petal in it and doesn't go on as smoothly, unless they've re-formulated it since the time I tried it. The scent is excellent, though. Kind of grassy and floral.

Pretty Hands and Feet: Rough Skin Remover - Exfoliator

I have discovered a new product in the drugstore called "Pretty Hands and Feet: Rough Skin Remover." This has GOT to be some trade secret, it is the most amazing exfoliant I have ever used...you can tell a major difference in one use! I have extremely flaky, dry skin and I used it on my face, my face feels very soft. I have a little bit of melasma and was wondering if anyone knows if this could actually fix it over time? thanks for any insight on this product!

I always get samples of Dr Brandt "Micro D in a Jar" from Sephora. I love it a lot though some reviews on Makeup Alley says it can be harsh. Its about $80 which is why I get samples. :shock:

The exfoliating scrub I've been using is from Bath & Body Works.. the Tomato Revitalizing scrub from their Pure Simplicity line ($18 for a good sized tube). It's fairly gentle, not having lots of scrubby bits, but also the natural fruit/vegetable acids do a little chemical exfoliation. I've gotten great results with it, and definitely recommend ^.^ There's also different sub-lines (for lack of a better word) for different skin types, but I've found that the Tomato works very well. If your skin is on the dry side, which may be the cause of flakiness, use a light moisturizer after exfoliating. Anywho, if you get a chance, go try it out at Bath & Body Works. Good luck!

Try the best product you have never heard of called "Pretty Feet and Hands" You get it at Walgreens (little blue bottle) and it is truly amazing, I use it on my face and people think I have had a "procedure" because it not only deflakes me (I am quite flakey) but is getting rid of my melasma which has been the bain of my existence for about three years. I have been using it for 2 WEEKS ONLY. It is amazing, if anyone else here has used it, I guarantee they will say the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->