Eyeliner

To use the fill in photoshop, you right-click on the gradient button in the left box and change it to paint bucket.

What number photoshop does everyone have? I heard they are coming out with a #8 and it's going to have a state of the art chip that will prevent it from being 'burned' and loaded more than 30 times. Crazy!

!!! Ahh I added my messgae to the wrong board! I'm so confused now, I don't know How I got to the eyeliner board (I was looking at the art board:(/ Sorry!!!!

Originally posted by darseen@Oct 6th, 2003 - 12:57 pm
Another way of using liquid eyeliner is to to use BOTH liquid and pencil. I line the inner rims with a pencil first (between the lashes) and make it a little bit thick. Then I go over it with a liquid liner. All you have to do is follow the line. For the top eye lid another way to have a striaght line with a liquid eyeliner is to pull your eyelid from the side, making it a bit elongated, and then run the liquid eyeliner along the lid with one single stroke. If it comes out to thin, then go over it again. One single stroke will make a more even line. If your hands get shaky, even out the line with a Q-tip dipped in eyeliner remover, but be careful not to smudge your line.
This is usually what I do. I find that it's easier to get right into the lashes with a pencil, then i finish the look with liquid. I'm not sure if it's me but if I use just a liquid, I'll often have to go over and get into the lashes anyway, because it just doesn't look right, almost like there are tiny gaps at the lashline. If you're having steadiness of hand issues, I usually rest the base of my hand/my wrist against the side of my chin or my jaw/cheek.

My eyes used to water like mad when I started playing with makeup when I was little. And the first time I got contact lenses, I sat in that office for an hour trying to get one out. I couldn't bring myself to poke my own eyeball. I got over it, and now my eyes don't dare water, or they know what's coming to them!

I find that I like the eyeliners most that are a cross between both pencil and liquid liners, such as Mary Kay's eyeliners...not liquid, but not pencil - very easy to apply. They're the self-sharpening ones. Love them love them!

my favorite eyeliner is wet n' wild, i know that sounds gross, but its like 99 cents and works well and comes in about 10 different colors.

i have a really hard time getting eye liner up to my lash line and straight without it being really really thick....Anyone have any suggestions?

i love liquid liner!!

Loreal's great.. i find it best to use the one with the REAL BRUSH.. NOT the vinyl tips.

MAC also has a great liner.. it's a cake form.. and you wet your MAC thinline brush, and use the cake liner as you would with paint.

Getting the perfect line: takes practice practice practice!

i find it best to 'anchor' my hand on my cheek, in order to keep it steady. That way you get a straight line. This will also help you make the line as thick as you want or as thin as you want. Wiping the brush gently on your tube (if you use the Loreal liquid liner) will help remove any excess liner, and it'll be easier for you to make a thinner line.

Sorry, but i only line my eyelid, not under my eyes. Sort of Egyptian/Catwoman look... with the liner extending out a little bit and curving up to make it look like i have lashes sticking out at the end. Also helps make your eyes look even more almond-shaped.

When i used to use pencil eyeliners, and when i used to line under my eyes, i liked Revlon's waterproof eyeliners. they were soft enough, but not too soft, and didn't run away or smudge throughout the day.

good luck!

i'm adding this reply b/c i've been a liquid eyeliner chicky since 1991

but this weekend i tried RIMMEL's KOHL eyeliner (Chianti) which i've applied over the top portion of my liquid-eyeliner-lined-upper-eyelid, which gives me a nice transition of colour from black to plum to a lighter plum shadow.

i MUST say: this Rimmel Kohl eyeliner is FANTASTIC!
it didn't tug and the line was very very smooth and easy to apply.
i like it so much i'm going to buy the Jungle green (which i hear turns out to be a lovely teal colour).

So:

Pencil Eyeliner, i'd highly suggest: Rimmel Kohl (i haven't tried it on lower lid, so i don't know if it smudges too much, but on upper lid lasted all day)

Liquid: Loreal lineur intense

Cake: MAC (with the MAC liner brush)

Eyeshadow Pencil: Loreal (i forget the name - think it's called Eye Smoker - it's a thicker pencil and blends and lasts better than any i've tried)

Originally posted by Alliecat@Jan 1st, 2004 - 7:32 am
Thanks to everyone for the responses :flower:

I have one more question. My eyes water when I apply eyeliner to the insides of the bottom rim. Is there any way to stop this (I'm using the new chanel vert pencil)? :cry:

Or is it just some eyes do cry and some don't, and mine just do??
hi all well my i'm crying all (well sometimes) from pain and my eye mak-up is running down my face into my eyes, and i wear contacts then i have to walk out of the doc. office which is in a lg hospital (i go to a hop. in boston), and i'm sick of people thinking of as a battered wife, i may have battered my dear husband of 42 yrs. and they may want to check out the doca, but i'm just in pain pleeeeeeees offer some suggestion right away for waterproof make-up and please don't tell me to do the seniable thing like don't wear make-up , because i well, thanks much for all the help, also does anyone know how YSL NEW BLUSH CALLED VERY CHEEKY is because i want to get it. :flower: :flower:

if you want waterproof eyeliner-Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof pencils are the way to go-nothing is better

Originally posted by enrichi+Jan 25th, 2004 - 11:20 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(enrichi @ Jan 25th, 2004 - 11:20 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-darseen@Oct 6th, 2003 - 12:57 pm
Another way of using liquid eyeliner is to to use BOTH liquid and pencil. I line the inner rims with a pencil first (between the lashes) and make it a little bit thick. Then I go over it with a liquid liner. All you have to do is follow the line. For the top eye lid another way to have a striaght line with a liquid eyeliner is to pull your eyelid from the side, making it a bit elongated, and then run the liquid eyeliner along the lid with one single stroke. If it comes out to thin, then go over it again. One single stroke will make a more even line. If your hands get shaky, even out the line with a Q-tip dipped in eyeliner remover, but be careful not to smudge your line.
This is usually what I do. I find that it's easier to get right into the lashes with a pencil, then i finish the look with liquid. I'm not sure if it's me but if I use just a liquid, I'll often have to go over and get into the lashes anyway, because it just doesn't look right, almost like there are tiny gaps at the lashline. If you're having steadiness of hand issues, I usually rest the base of my hand/my wrist against the side of my chin or my jaw/cheek.

[/b][/quote]
Thanks for the liquid liner tips enrichi. :flower: I bought myself a liquid liner a couple of months ago, but I could never get it to look the way I wanted. It kept going crooked on me and I eventually just gave up on it. Maybe I'll give it another shot now. :P

how do you guys apply liner on the bottom without smudging it? i use crayon, and it always gets smudged after a few hours. :( do you apply it above or below the lower lashes?

Originally posted by sassyredgirl@Jun 19th, 2004 - 4:09 pm
how do you guys apply liner on the bottom without smudging it? i use crayon, and it always gets smudged after a few hours. :( do you apply it above or below the lower lashes?
I think you might want to change to a different liner?

I have pretty watery eyes but have never had a problem with Rimmel Kohl or Chanel Kohl smudging/fading

agree-you need another linr. Try Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof-they never smudge.

Originally posted by tgp+Oct 6th, 2003 - 9:47 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tgp @ Oct 6th, 2003 - 9:47 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lele@Sep 30th, 2003 - 5:51 pm
has anyone seen uma on the cover of entertainment?
her makeup is perfect.... i can NEVER achieve the look she has going... if anyone has seen that cover let me know how you get eyes to look like that, not over done on the bottom.... i always go too heavy and does anyone use liquid on the bottom?
One trick I use for lining the bottom is to line them nice and thick first so that you get a good even line. Then dip a Q-tip into eye makeup remover, dab off the excess remover onto a tissue, and use the Q-tip to gently thin out the liner. With just a little practice, you can get a perfect, thin but dark line. At the end I use the other end of the Q-tip to put loose powder under the liner to absorb any left over remover. [/b][/quote]
This is how I get a perfect thin line as well. I think Q-Tips have to be one of the most useful make-up tools there are :innocent:

Originally posted by Alliecat@Sep 26th, 2003 - 6:43 am
Ok - I've used eye liner before, usually liquid but dont have any at the mo and want the look. So am thinking of using powder. What is the best way to apply it (wet or dry) and where to. Have nice eyes with long lashes but am lackig inspiration. Can anyone help??? :blink:
I find it stays on longer and goes on better when the powder is wet.

I also apply it thinly but on the inside (on the part that closest to touching the eye ball)

You can use any color that you like! I use metalic purples, pinks, greys, bright blues. They all look great.

Just have fun with it :smile:

I always use LANCÔME's "ARLINER",

Is very easy to use

b_041039.jpg

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Feb 16th, 2004 - 10:56 am
I think this look is fabulous! (From House of Jazz)
I think it looks scarry though :innocent:

i wanna learn how to do cat eyes but i cant :( i tried wit liquid and i looked like i got punched in the face llol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->