Fixing those makeup issues...

Reaction score
I thought there should be a thread where we can post any type of issues/problems/difficulties we've had with products, styles, or any other type of situations and give suggestions.

I have always had the same issue no matter what type of eyeliner i use...on my right eye the liner on the top will rub off onto the upper part of my eyelid after a few hours of wear and leave a dark line going across the lid. It also smears my eye shadow. I think it might have to do with the shape of my eyes but I am wondering if there is any way to make that not happen. I've tried eye-firming creams and liquid liners and they help a little bit but not enough. Any suggestions??

If it really has to do with the shape of your eyes, there's not so much you can do I think... But maybe if you put some eyeshadow on top of your eyeliner?

Do you use an eye primer? That would help with creasing, something like Urban Decay Primer Potion, and I agree with FleurDeLys that setting your liner with a shadow might help as well :flower:

If you don't want to buy an eye primer, just use long-lasting foundation, and put (face) powder on top.

Do you use an eye primer? That would help with creasing, something like Urban Decay Primer Potion, and I agree with FleurDeLys that setting your liner with a shadow might help as well :flower:
Yeah I kinda had the same problem. I felt like after a few hours all the makeup I had put on in the morning was gone or smeared out. But after I started using an eye primer the makeup sits really well. Tho I still have problems with black marks under my eyes from the mascara but I can't stand using waterproof one since I find it hard to get it off.

Don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I noticed that everytime I remove my eye makeup, I lose one or two eyelashes. Isn't that much? Should I worry?
I started using more eye makeup a few months ago, but my eye makup is still not that heavy... I use only one coat of mascara, some eyeshadow and occasionally eyeliner. I stopped using waterproof mascara, because I thought that could be the problem, but with non-waterproof it's the same.

FleurDeLys
That happens to me all the time! I wouldn't worry about to be honest unless you start to see really sparse patches. Those eyelashes were probably gonna fall out on their own naturally and if it's only one or two it's no big deal! :flower:

^^what kind of makeup remover do you use? if you need to rub a lot to get the makeup off i guess it's natural to lose some eyelashes
i always use those oil-pads (they're just for the eyes) and i don't need to rub too much and the oil keeps the skin from drying out
when i used creamy eye-makeup remover i always felt like it took forever to get rid of the mascara and i only put on one coat as well

^^what kind of makeup remover do you use? if you need to rub a lot to get the makeup off i guess it's natural to lose some eyelashes
i always use those oil-pads (they're just for the eyes) and i don't need to rub too much and the oil keeps the skin from drying out
when i used creamy eye-makeup remover i always felt like it took forever to get rid of the mascara and i only put on one coat as well

I use a regular oil-free eye makeupremover. I don't have to rub that hard, but I think I do, because I hate taking eye makeup off.
And you know, that kind of makeupremover with oil and some blue substance, that you have to shake? I don't like it at all:doh: But I've never used those oil-pads though, maybe I should give it a try. And be more gentle :P.
TY both:flower:

oh i have a question as well :smile:

my skin is really weird at the moment. it is oily, but also dry, which you see especially when i put make-up on. since my skin doesn't like liquid foundations much i use mac's studio finish concealer and then mineral powder. i have a few blemishes, so i need coverage. but since my skin is dry this makes me look kind of pasty. any tips on what i could do to still cover up blemishes but have a healthy glow?

oh i have a question as well :smile:

my skin is really weird at the moment. it is oily, but also dry, which you see especially when i put make-up on. since my skin doesn't like liquid foundations much i use mac's studio finish concealer and then mineral powder. i have a few blemishes, so i need coverage. but since my skin is dry this makes me look kind of pasty. any tips on what i could do to still cover up blemishes but have a healthy glow?

maybe someone else has a better solution, but I know there are moisturizers out there that won't leave your skin feeling oily but will take care of the dryness at the same time. I experience a similiar problem. The moisturizer I use is Velocity by Mary Kay and it works great. After applying foundation, I used to have darker patches in the places where my skin was dry but when I use some of the moisturizer, that is no longer an issue! Good luck. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->