F/W 2021.22 Haute Couture Open Discussion Thread

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Haute Couture’s Fall 2021 season (July 5-8th) can have an in-person audience:

Guest members this season are Aelis, Azzaro Couture, Balenciaga, Charles de Vilmorin, Christophe Josse, Georges Hobeika, Imane Ayissi, Julie de Libran, Pyer Moss, Rahul Mishra, RVDK Ronald Van Der Kemp, RR331, Vaishali S, Yuima Nakazato and Zuhair Murad.

from wwd. Rucci is in the list

Even if I do not have high hopes for this upcoming season, it is nice that they are opening up a bit for who can show during the week. I hope to be proven wrong !

So Balenciaga is back to couture week for the first time in ages? And with Demna? I do love his random Balenciaga archive pieces, but I am highly skeptical about this debut couture collection. At the same time, I am asking the question: What do people expect from Balenciaga Haute Couture in 2020s? Do we really need another Dior/Chanel mess this time? Above all, I think I am most looking forward to the comment in our TFS threads, which I believe is more exciting than those collections.

Balenciaga is obviously the most exciting name around and I’m actually curious to see what Demna can do and it this will be a way for him to refresh his aesthetic.

I hope Theyskens will finally have a proper show. I know Ralph Rucci will deliver and I do have hopes for Gaultier by Sacai.

I don’t know why Pyer Moss is showing during Couture. You have the opportunity to make NYFW relevant again and you decides to show in a very important Couture season.

With Kim Jones, Matthew Williams and Demna Gvasalia debuts, haute couture weeks about to have a new iconic Trilogy. Can't wait.

^It will be like mixing Vodka, Whiskey and Gin...in a single glass.

Gaultier by Chitose Abe could be quite fascinating, late 80s JPG set the stage for the layered urban aesthetic she's known for and it will be refreshing to not see cabaret costumes for once.

Whats up with margiela? Where is Galliano, is there a nonsense lost of creativity in this time?

Haute Couture will officially have eight in-person runway shows, with the rest remaining digital:

the one I’m most excited about is Givenchy by Matthew Williams - I did like a lot the mood of his last collection and I think he might deliver.

Im just curious about Demna and I have no high expectations at all for Fendi…

I would love to see Thom Browne, Rick Owens and Erdem doing Couture :wub:

^^ According to the official schedule from FHCM, I believe that Givenchy is not showing this season.

Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 10.02.11 am.png

No Ralph Rucci?
Not even a digital presentation?
Very disappointed.

It's kinda odd having Balenciaga as a "guest member" for haute couture... lol like Balenciaga?? a GUEST member??? He's the OG!!
Weird right? But they can’t be fully invited yet…
I guess they are testing the water with this one. If it’s successful, maybe they will invest in a real Couture operation.

With Kim Jones, Matthew Williams and Demna Gvasalia debuts, haute couture weeks about to have a new iconic Trilogy. Can't wait.
It sounds like the start of a bad joke..."A Brit, an American, and a Georgian walk into a couture salon.."

Geez..What other snide comments can I make about TweedleDee/Dumb/Dumber?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->