Facial shapes and hairstyles / makeup to match

I have a diamond faceshape. But I think my nose is not straight or high enough so it kind of ruins it a bit, especially when someone takes picture from the side. I never figured how to do makeup or actually found a hair style that worked.

omg, i thought i knew what shape i was
when i was thin my face resembled a heart shape, now that ive gained weight, it just looks round. and i can pull any haircut or hairstyle except for a pulled back bun or a one legnth bob (any legnth) cuz it just akes me look fat....
now im lost in some heart, round, diamond, inbetwen place....

The_Ida said:
I really can't tell. I think it might be diamond b/c I have prominent cheekbones but still a very narrow square-ish jaw. I'm lost :lol:

I can't really tell with mine either, and i don't think that's a bad thing because Jane mag reported that C. Turlington had a mix of both heart, oval and long in her face shape. so some people must really just be a blend. what do u all think?

i wonder about how the "perfect" face shape is agreed upon. to me, it appears that round faces get more favorable attention than long, i.e gemma ward's popularity over classic ovals like raquel zimmerman's.

what shape is hana s. and stam? i can't tell with those two at all.

^I have read a few times that the oval shape is classically considered the most beautiful. But I don't know what the true consesus would be.

I have no idea what my shape is either. I used to assume it was round because I thought of my face as chubby. But when I put my hair up I look quite different. I may be a "squoval", but it wasn't listed here.

Someone tell me what my shape is please.

I can't take a picture of myself without cracking up a little, but smiling only makes me cheeks a little fuller.

bb.jpg

^^u have got some super stylish brows there and a real classic old hollywood look. u kinda look like christina ricci. has anyone ever told u that?

i would say your face is round...

a true oval face is Uma T's...where the chin and the forehead are the same size. anytime the chin is a different size than the forehead i get confused, because it could be any other shape. what shape is tori's? square?

^^u have got some super stylish brows there and a real classic old hollywood look. u kinda look like christina ricci. has anyone ever told u that?

Thank you. :blush: Yes, that's the only celebrity comparison I ever get. Even when I was little I was called Wednesday Addams.

moss doesnt look oval to me at all...

Really? I'm the worst at shapes, but she looks like an almost perfect oval to me.

pavement, i think you have a heart-shaped face, it's a very pretty face shape.

how do you figure that? from what i gather, the necessary feature to qualify as a heart-shape (also known as egg shaped too) is for the widest part of the face to be at the cheeks. instead of that her photo shows equal width at the forehead and cheeks. it would be oval if the chin were equal in width with the rest of the face. since her chin is shorter in width, it looks round.

michelle phieffer and naomi campbell are hearts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's just agree I'm an anomaly. :lol: I personally don't really think my face is round or oval or square or heart or long... Maybe it's roundish ovaly squared heart.

i love your avatar btw^^

it would be interesting to hear what MAU or hairdressers would say your face shape is. any of those types around here? :smile:

eva herigoza: diamond. would u agree? never thought of it till my friend pointed it out

I found some more info on iVillage.com about face shapes.

Here's a quiz, Do You Know Face Shapes?

I also thought this was helpful:

untitled.jpg

ivillage.com

Personal Hair Advisor: There are four main face shape categories: round, oval, long and square. Whichever one you fall into, there is a hairstyle that will work for you. Whether your hair is curly, straight or somewhere in between, the right cut and volumizing techniques will complement your face and features. Which cut are you considering? Come tell us all about it on our Choosing a Haircut? debate board!
(Read below for more information on face shapes and the cuts that best suit them).

Round: Although many women describe their faces as round, this is in fact the rarest face shape. It is often just your hairstyle that makes your face appear round. The key to de-emphasizing roundness is to keep your hair off your face. This will open your cheekbones, jaw and eyes. You can wear your hair either long or short, just be sure to have a few layers that you can use to create some volume on top of your head. This will make your face appear longer and slimmer. Try using a round brush and blow-drying your hair on a low speed so you can build body slowly as you dry. Blow-drying with your head upside down is also a great way to create volume. Make sure your hair isn't too full on the sides though. This will only accentuate the round shape you're trying to downplay.

Oval: If you have an oval face, many styles can work for you. You can go either short or long, but keep your hair mostly all one length. Too many layers can create a lot of volume. Many women with oval faces also have small faces and high-volume hair can be overwhelming. Long, wispy bangs are generally very flattering if you have an oval face shape.

Long: The one haircut you should avoid if you have a long face is a bob. A short, blunt cut, especially where the hair comes to the corner of your mouth, will accentuate the length of your face, particularly in the chin area. You should also avoid short bangs and volume on top. Instead, create volume on the sides. The best way to achieve this look is either to blow-dry on a low speed with a round brush or use large Velcro rollers around your face. Velcro rollers can be used after your hair is dry. Just heat them up with your hair dryer and let them cool for about 15 minutes. Also, try to keep your hair off your face as much as possible. This will open up your features and make your face appear fuller.

Square: If you have a square face, don't cut your hair too short. You want to keep length in the back. You can also do a few bangs, but they should be soft and wispy, not straight across. To foster the illusion of a rounder face, create volume on the top and the sides. I recommend blow-drying your hair upside down, always on a low speed. Velcro rollers are also an easy and effective way to create soft, bouncy waves that help soften a square, angular face.
http://beauty.ivillage.com/hair/hairfaq/0,,h9rm,00.html

i love your avatar btw^^

lisa kudrow is heart, not oblong. for them to say round is rare, that's surprising because i was told by opticians and MUAs that heart shaped faces (anna nicole had one) are the rarest, followed by true ovals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->