Fall 2003 Wrap-up!

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by ignitioned32, May 26, 2003.

1. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

So in your opinion what were the best collections, worst collections (that strayed away from what their known for), and surprisingly good new talent or you can add anything related to Fall 2003!

2. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I think the collections were divided into, sort of, different themes some went for the folkoloric, dreamy, kind of collection some went for the unvulgar femininity, while others went for the sort of matrix thing and others stayed true to themselves. So I think for me these were the collections that stood out and made statements for fall!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Lanvin- Alber Elbaz's version of femininitey w/o the chichines.

2.Rochas-Oliver Theyskens dazzling debut, homage to 1950's classic beauty and glamour.

3.Alexander Mcqueen- Dreamy clothes with strengh set in a Tundra.

4.Dries Van Nouten- A folkoloric collection w/o the ethinicity replaced by dreamy beauty.

5.Emanuel Ungaro- Dreamy, Creamy clothes that are just plain lovely.

6.Marc Jacobs- Marc showed a dazzling collection homage to Rabanne and Courreges made all his own.

7.Balenciaga-Nicolas Ghesquiere's played with new proportions turning it into a wearable tough-but-chic collection.

8.MiuMiu-Miuccia made ultra feminine rich looks for the times ahead.

9.Chanel-sportswear and glamour cut into miniscule.

10.John Galliano-Removed boring from the fashion scene with a burst of color homage to old hollywood glamour.

3. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

faves :heart:
    Lanvin, Dries van Notten (i was there ) and Marni, best of all.
    Prada was also one of my faves, mainly for those bags.
    Yohji and Comme des Garcons had some great ideas -again.
    veronique branquinho had some adorable pieces -the black and beige blouses.
    Narciso Rodrigues has a nice collection

Rising talents? kudos to Martin Grant and of course to my adorable Lutz

Dissapointments :(
    Sophia Kokosalaki (always expecting much more from her this time)
    Olivier Theyskens (also been expecting more for his Rochas debut)
    Mark Jacobs (i'm sorry for his mods/optical collection, not that good on his LV either)
    Hussein Chalayan (he could do much better)
    Balenciaga :innocent:
    Ungaro I liked a lot his last Haute Couture collection but those rushed leggins were not up to his reputation
    Andrew Gn what happened to his -usually- great ideas ?

surprises :shock:
    the gucci collection was much better than I expected.
    i saw some nice things at Anna Sui's 20's collection :shock:

4. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

Junya Watanabe amazing amazing colletion, not his most revolutionary but deffinetly one of the best

Yohji Yamamoto amazing as always elgent and street, great

Rochas veyr lovely elgent

Balenciaga Really nice urban elgent as usuall (happy to see a good colletion after the not so good spring collection)

Comme Des Garcons Wonderful feeling very inspireing ideas, not the strongest colletion for rei but deffinetly amzing as usuall

Best new desigenrs

even though he is old in japan Undercover nwas amazing and brilliant and very wearable

Lutz inspireing intresting not the most amzing stuff btu really good

Disapouinted

Hussien Chalayan trying to be more comercia, great stuff but no new ideas and also I get worried when people say it was sexy

5. utopia

utopia ingenue

these are just my personal opinions and not any sort of speculation as to what was techinically the best. my favourites were alexander mcqueen and dries van noten. alexander mcqueen's collection was just...incredible. it was theatrical, dramatic...I don't think there was anything I didn't fall in love with. and I've always liked dries van noten, but this collection really solidified my feelings as a favourite. I loved most everything. :heart:

biggest disappointments were emma cook and anna molinari.

6. I definitly loved Tom Fords for Gucci. he really stepped it up this year blowing out his competition. I saw a glimpse of his spring line and it is looking pretty good, gotta love the new mini skirts coming in.

7. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I'm looking at the fall collections one last time.I take back my top ten collection list. Ungaro it's not part of my top ten anymore also Galliano he's work did'nt have much impact!

Galliano-replaced by YSL Rive Gauche.
    Ungaro-replaced by Narciso Rodriguez.

8. have_une_nice_day

have_une_nice_day New Member

I love Miuccia Prada's Miu Miu for fall! I'm debating over whichcoat I want from the collection! There's far too many to choose from! I love the new style of wearing a belt around your coat though! I also really liked Tata-Naka's collection!