Fashion Story Ideas

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
imagine you were going to do a fashion story for a magazine...8-10 pages long

...what would you do?...what kind of story would it be?...what would the pictures lookk like...where would it be shot...what would the clothes look like...who is the girl...how's the hair...how's the make up...

post your story ideas here... :woot: :flower:

post-apocolyptic joan of arc...urban warrior...

shot in a toxic waste site next to a river near some factories...
in colour
tall androgynous model...jade parfit
hair messy with little braids and rags ties in it...
make up...minimal with dust smudges on face

clothes...should look like she found them in the ashes and ruins of a post-apocolytic world...

galliano newsprint...leather sheath dress worn belted over a skirt...tank tops layered with the top layer soiled and torn...lace-up oxford shoes...camper...with gaitors...boilersuit/jumpsuit...full tattered skirts...hooded dress by westwood...

accessories...military belts...goggles...messenger bags...thigh hi's...soiled and torn...vintage military accessories...gaitors...

*her expression should be strong...she is a survivor and she is the saviour of the free world...strong body poses...heroic quality...

designers...westwood,galliano,gucci, ysl, burberry,yohji, chalayan, gary graham, cdg,

*i have gucci,ysl and burberry on the list because i know you're required to use advertisers and those are some biggies...if you get those in...they usually let you use someone like gary graham who no one really knows...(but that's not required for the game... :wink: )...

Urban cowboy (aka, the teddyboy)
Yes, Im lazy and I cheated :P

I would take my idea from a paper I just did for English class, Sexuality in the Fashion Industry. It would be a breakdown of how sex has become so much a part of modern fashion in everything from the design of the clothes to the advertising. I discussed the twenties, the introduction of the miniskirt in the 60's, the return of sex in the 90's, designers who have used sex successfully, controversial advertisements....basically all of the things I discussed in my paper. I'd use pictures of flappers, the mod miniskirts, Saint Laurent's sheer blouse and Le Smoking, Gaultier and D&G's use of lingerie in the 80's, Calvin Klein's kiddie p*rn scandal, Tom Ford's, well everything. The YSL M7 and Opium ads, Gucci's "G-spot" photo. That's pretty much it, a progression of sex in modern fashion.

Originally posted by Spike413@Jun 8th, 2004 - 5:41 pm
I would take my idea from a paper I just did for English class, Sexuality in the Fashion Industry. It would be a breakdown of how sex has become so much a part of modern fashion in everything from the design of the clothes to the advertising. I discussed the twenties, the introduction of the miniskirt in the 60's, the return of sex in the 90's, designers who have used sex successfully, controversial advertisements....basically all of the things I discussed in my paper. I'd use pictures of flappers, the mod miniskirts, Saint Laurent's sheer blouse and Le Smoking, Gaultier and D&G's use of lingerie in the 80's, Calvin Klein's kiddie p*rn scandal, Tom Ford's, well everything. The YSL M7 and Opium ads, Gucci's "G-spot" photo. That's pretty much it, a progression of sex in modern fashion.
no spike...
you're supposed to create your OWN pictures...that's the whole point...you're doing a PHOTOSHOOT... :flower:

how would you do it then...?

sorry if that wasn't clear... :huh: :flower:

:woot: great topic softgrey
i'm actually planing a line of editorials (i hate magazines with limited budgets)
and a fun test for a friend model

*for model's test: abstract/unrelated 'realistic' daylight shots
with minimal make-up / hair and everyday 'homewear'

*for magazine: b&w moody 'grecian' editorial on dark grey background
white clothes only, with added (photoshop) gold details,
one & two model shots including guys & dolls

Ive got an idea, I'll expand on it later. sorry.

Wuthering heights, Heathcliff and Cathy out on the moor or by the cliffs . Dark and stormy wind blowing.

Fair skin and long curls on female model and dark and swarthy fot the male.

Long flowing skirt and corseted top( maybe something from John Galliano) with slippers on her feet.

Loose trousers maybe tucked in boots and white linen shirt for the male.

She is trying to escape from him but really wants him to catch her. He catches her ,embraces her and scene fades. :heart:

your just trying to steel are ideas arn't you softy :innocent: :ninja:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jun 8th, 2004 - 11:59 pm
:lol: share and enjoy space, too many ideas too little time..

i love a grecian theme...lena...sounds just lovely...

it reminded me of this... :P :wink:

thanks soft, i was thinking more of a Paolo Roversi kind of mood :wink:

OT: ahhh Roxy Music, i had such a great time with Brian last night, wish you were there soft :flower:

We're at the circus, we're under a big tent, we've a male and a female.
The colours are primary, the hair is big, the hats are high.
She's by a ring of a fire, he's sawed in two, a ventriloquists dummy steals the show.

Softie, let me finish my exam tomorrow, and I'll write this whole article for you.
:P Just kididng, well, if you want.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jun 8th, 2004 - 5:59 pm
space...are your ideas THAT good... :wink: :P ...

i'm with lena...too many ideas...maybe it'll help me to put them down...i'm working on another one right now...all i know is it has something to do with green...but i'm still figuring it out...
is it in a garden...or a studio...definitely in colour...

i have another one...ONDINE>>> :heart:

then there's SHIPWRECKED....

UNIFORM-ITY...

FEAR OF FLYING...i just finished doing this one...

i'll expand on each as we go...
:flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 8th, 2004 - 6:12 pm
thanks soft, i was thinking more of a Paolo Roversi kind of mood :wink:

OT: ahhh Roxy Music, i had such a great time with Brian last night, wish you were there soft :flower:
you know i was joking right?... :lol: ...i'm sure that all white clothing in black and white will be amazing...i can absolutely picture it...such a timeless style...i love pictures like that... :flower:

ps...did you see the bryan ferry thread?.... :woot: :innocent:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Jun 8th, 2004 - 6:16 pm
We're at the circus, we're under a big tent, we've a male and a female.
The colours are primary, the hair is big, the hats are high.
She's by a ring of a fire, he's sawed in two, a ventriloquists dummy steals the show.
oooh...maybe ellen von unwerth could shoot it...or max vadukal...

mmm...paolo roversi.... :heart:

sounds beautiful strawberry...and very you!!! :flower:

:woot: Brian Ferry topic? no.. havent seen i'll check it out, thanks :heart:

on topic:
love the idea of GREEN, its very strong in any kind of visulas right now,
do it soft :wink:

ONDINE...means sea nymph in french...

we're on a beach as the sun is going down...(which means we'll have to shoot fast...hahaha)
i see long damp blonde hair..loose and natural......glistening skin...healthy glow ... wonderful curves

lots of skin...she's like the little mermaid walking out of the sea...wearing a party dress to go to the masked ball and meet her prince...she is barefoot and we can always see her bare legs...

colours...aqua/turquoise/jade/indigo...the colours of the ocean...clothing and make-up...
fabrics...shiny materials...satin/taffeta/beadwork and floaty chiffon...i want a huge taffeta wrap...(like the kind andre leon tally wears..ha)...probably from christian dior...with nothing underneath it...

the same ankle bracelet worn throughout...to hint that she is still tied to the sea...

beautiful sky and sea in the background...
i see this one so clearly in my mind... :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->