Fave Avant-Garde Trend Of Fall '03?

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
All seen in the shows of Comme des Garcons, Hussein Chalayan, Martine Sitbon, etc. :flower:

:flower: plaid is already major mainstream trend so we cannot say its avant-garde, i find zips a bit off and done to death, so from those trends posted here i'll go for the handmade effects, eg. mixing fabrics , hand stitched looks and reworked fabrics.

:unsure: what do you mean by 'off kilt colour combinations'?
if you mean unexpected colours mixed together,
i vote for this as well, surprising colours together are very 'now'

interesting topic igni :flower:

Thanks, Lena! :flower:

Yes I do mean unexpected color combinations.

Indeed plaid, now, is really mainstream and zippers, too. :flower:

i REALLY dont think lurex is an avant garde trend :unsure: its still hanging around from its mainstreem boom last year :sick: too many bad uses of it to remember

i agree acid, i dont think latex is new or trendy :wink:

edited :i typed latex but i mean lurex :blush: :cry:

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 1st, 2003 - 1:11 pm
i agree acid, i dont think latex is new or trendy :wink:
hey Lena.....make sure you're thinking about the RIGHT fabric

you said LATEX.....which isnt the same as Lurex.......maybe a spelling error from you. :flower:

but TOTALLY agreed.......LATEX will NEVER EVER be fashionable :lol: apart from in fetish movies :sick:

PLAID is big. about it being avant garde, i dont think so. more a punk(see westwood) revival mixed with a bit of chanel :wink:

the rest i find not avant garde at all, rather tacky :unsure: (zippers are everywhere :shock: )

i think the whole off-kilter color combination thing is great (if it is what i think it is)...i think there is nothing more current than wearing a terribly chic outfit and accessorizing it with a bag, a shoe, or a belt that totally clashes, but adds in a way that a coordinating appurtenance would not have.

Plaids and tartans are quite a classic patterns and will be used by everyone from Kors to Junya in just about every different variation you could possibly imagine :lol: J'adore! Especially those mannish glens and the traditional Scottish tartan :heart: The classics will never go away.

Lurex will never be part of my wardrobe. I HATE(!!!) synthetic fabrics.

I agree with Lena,on the stitching and textures of hand-craft. Very worn feeling to the fabric like with Jessica Ogden and those imperfections like you would see on very old vintage clothing. This is my personal favorite Its actually kind of a new approach on deconstruction. Humble rebellion as I like to say B)

Another trend I'm seeing from the indie designers are variants of the classic white "man" shirt-not just now but for a while it seems. In just the precision sharpness in cutting, I can see it but added with different and special details and interesting fabric choices.

Another trend-Sweatshirts. Bernhard started this,I think,and now its all over the place. Vava Dudu,Gaspard Yurkievich,Lutz etc. etc.

..yes i know -and hate- the sweat trend, its a real turn off for me :sick:

It really depends on how its done for me. I've actually become quite taken with the way Bernhard peruses the shilouette, but generally, I can't stand sportif-style clothing. Something about it that doesn't feel right on me for some reason.

the only oen i fidn avat garde out of tehas is teh collage fabrics,wich i ahve been doing on my won for at elast two years.

I lvoe tehs weat shirt trend :heart: there is one Berhnard sweatshirt i just am dieing for :heart: :heart:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Dec 2nd, 2003 - 4:44 pm
:heart: there is one Berhnard sweatshirt i just am dieing for :heart: :heart:
Which one, space? I was at Seven the other day and they had great Bernhard sweaters with cartoon prints and skull prints. Everything is 35% off, too!

I love the one with the upside down American flag.

Originally posted by chickonspeed+Dec 2nd, 2003 - 3:37 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Dec 2nd, 2003 - 3:37 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Dec 2nd, 2003 - 4:44 pm
:heart: there is one Berhnard sweatshirt i just am dieing for :heart: :heart:
Which one, space? I was at Seven the other day and they had great Bernhard sweaters with cartoon prints and skull prints. Everything is 35% off, too! [/b][/quote]
wow! I wish i coudl got o NYC :woot:

This si teh one, ist actually from a few season ago but tehre is also one with the skull motif from the a/w 2003 colelction im also dyeing for, basicly im just dying for a berhnard sweat shirt :woot: Even if I had teh cash i dont think they even sell Berhnard is L.A.

02.jpg

Space*,I thought there was a Barney's in LA? I know the NY store carries his collections. And what about Naked or Nordstrom?

OMG Chick* thansk so much, i usually check ebya for bernhard stuff but I ahvent seen that yet! :woot: I seriously lvoe it and im going to bid on it :heart: :heart:

I seriously doubt that norstrom in LA carrie Berhnar , Ive never herd of naked, tehre is abrney's but I doutn knwo if they acrrie him or not I should call and ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->