Favorite fabrics

pina cloth, breezy for summer
steel/cotton jersey is nice too.

waterproof cotton extremely stiff is one of my all time favorites.

pina
arts-science.com, 1.odn.ne.jp

Attachments

• pina cloth.jpg
    pina cloth.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 3
  • pina01.jpg
    pina01.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 7
Black satin
Black velvet
cashmere
white fluid silk

fashionista-ta, the fiber is separated from the veins of a pineapple leaf.
it seems that it's traditional stuff from one of philippine islands.

I think fabrics are what I love most about clothes, rather than design.. they are ethereal. I always start my new season shopping lists off by listing the fabrics I'm currently into. All time favorite might just be cashmere, especially rather thin cashmere.. I just love it.

Those are very interesting fabrics, runner
I wonder if you can buy them all online?

My mother says pina cloth is expensive in the Philippines.
I tried asking for some when her friend travelled there

I have only seen it in the Royal Ontario Museum, behind glass... :D Traditionally pina cloth is used in formal attire for the men. For a fancy shirt called "barong". I have seen some guys wearing it here in my city but I hear it's less common to find a barong in 100% pina.

I think you can buy pure pina cloth somewhere online.
yes it is expensive worldwide too.
but not super expensive for what it is.
the womens top in the first pic is from arts & science S/S 07.
since it's rare to see a designer brand produce a piece in pure pina, I saved the pic.
if I remember rightly, it's about 60000 yen.
as you said, it seems that it is becoming a museum thing, almost one of historical materials. but it's not as long as you use and wear it.

the shirt you posted is exquisite runner...
does it wrinkle easily like linen or is it much stiffer than that?
do you know?

thanks in advance...
:flower:

softgrey, in a peculiar way it is soft to the touch because the fiber is extrafine.
they say the fineness of the fiber is generally 1/4 of silk fiber, 1/15 of ramie.
that's why it is excellent as a fabric and also why it is not easy to produce. therefore costly.
but, as you can see in the pic, it has some "hari" (which means something similar to stiffness, but not the same) at the same time. so it can wrinkle to some extent.
of course one can differ from another in quality, and I may not be talking about the highest quality though.

wow...that's really interesting...
thank you runner dear...

i almost feel like i can feel the fabric from that excellent image you posted...
:P

it feels a bit like hagaromo..?
is that the right word?...
:unsure:...

almost right very close
it's hagoromo. yes I'd say it's the hagoromo.

apparently they call it queen of fabric, silkgrass, etc over there.

God I am such a fabric snob... I just adore luxuary fabrics and would rather have/ wear one cashmere cardi than 100 cheap fast fashion acrylic pieces of junk!

My fav materials all are natural to... dont wear man made fibers... Cashmere, alpaca, fur, shearling, tweed, merino... all the luxurious winter ones... I cant decide

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->