Favorite fabrics

i love the feel of beaded and sequined silks... and even the look of when the light catches the beads and fabric and it gives such variation to the colour.

I dont know what its called but its a shiney fabric that doesnt feel shiney...haha! Kinda looks like taffeta but its not as rigid and is normally used for vintage looking evening dresses. Maybe someone could help me out...:flower:

smelly old oilcloth, washed cotton canvas and rough military & boiled wools, nice shirting poplin, cheap laquered nylon mixed with something precious, trad flannels and tweeds, wool jersey, grey sweatshirt cotton, alpaca and cashmere for the knits...all those incredible things Limonta does for Carol Christian Poell

Last edited by a moderator:
cotton. cashmere. wool. and silk.

haha. how luxurious.

very worn cotton is just so comfy. Cashemere everything would be great (socks, robes, tracksuits, etc) but it´s so damn expensive and hard to care for rough usage. I would like to be adopted by Pellat-Finet...

I also love polar fleece. Not too stylish, but I love how it feels when it´s really cold. Men polar fleece jackets over men cotton underwear is the best choice when it´s really cold outside...

winter - cashmere and leather
summer - cotton and linen

The best fabric in the world to wear have to be cotton. It's natural and feels great to wear.

In the winter I :heart: wool. I think I would die of freezing in the winter without wool. :blink: Thank god that sheeps exist!

silk anything, be it satin, chiffon, taffeta, tulle, dupioni, velvet (100% silk velvet coats from the time prior to synthetic fabric blends are heavenly!). i love it always. i only have about three tops not made of silk...:blush:

cashmere (is it regarded as a fabric...?), Chinese silk (not Thai), cotton, and mesh - good quality mesh. Nice thread to think about : )

I'd have to say linen. everytime I go into a store I always seem to gravitate towards linen....and it's not like I can wear it year round either. what's my problem? am I in need of an island vacation or something?

silk anything, be it satin, chiffon, taffeta, tulle, dupioni, velvet (100% silk velvet coats from the time prior to synthetic fabric blends are heavenly!). i love it always. i only have about three tops not made of silk...:blush:
Wow! ...I'm kind of the opposite, not much silk. I love silk, but just don't own much of it.

cashmere (is it regarded as a fabric...?), Chinese silk (not Thai), cotton, and mesh - good quality mesh. Nice thread to think about : )

I love mesh :heart:. I think the texture is what intrigues me. Is there something wrong with Thai silk? I actually have a pair of silk Thai boxers, and they've pilled :shock:. But I bought them secondhand (and of course I've washed them before I've worn them), so I assumed that they've been treated badly. I think I'm going to run a shaver or something over them soon; otherwise they are gorgeous and beautiful and haven't gotten worse since I bought them.

I'm actually a bit miffed at how cotton stretches so much. Right now I'm loving modal, which is made of trees so doesn't creep me out like polyester; it has all the softness and breathability of cotton, plus with natural stretch and color-retention. It does seem to wear quite quickly though, the few shirts of it that I have. Also, I read that rayon doesn't trap heat, so I'm excited to test it out come summer. For the cold weather right now, I'm in alpaca, cashmere, wool, and some denim/cotton/modal year-round staples.

I'd have to say linen. everytime I go into a store I always seem to gravitate towards linen....and it's not like I can wear it year round either. what's my problem? am I in need of an island vacation or something?
heehee. I actually wear a white linen jacket year-round :shock:. It is a very pretty jacket though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->