Favorite Gucci Collection Ever

Spike413

barcode
Reaction score
Ok, I know, I'm a TF fan and plenty of people don't like him, but now that he's officially gone, it's time to reminisce. Which Tom Ford for Gucci collection or collections is/are your favorite?

Out of all of his collections at Gucci my top five would be.....

5) The "Blade Runner" collection F/W 03. I loved it because it was beautiful, strong and oddly for TF, romantic.

4)The 1st collection of F/W 95. It was classic, fresh and glamourous, it still stands as a defining moment in fashion.

3)The kimono/mini skirt collection S/S03. So sexy, exactly what Ford stood for, except, for all of the blatant sex appeal, it was so pretty.

2)The goth collection F/W 02. I choose this one because it was the first time where I really loved Gucci, rather then just liked it.

1)The White Dress collection F/W96. That cut-out Halston inspired dress was the first image of Gucci I ever saw, and I have known Gucci since then.

You all know I don't like Tom, but out of those mentioned above, the only good ones (for him) were 3 and 4. :flower:

Out of all his menswear collections at Gucci, F/W '97 influenced my personal style the most. I remember, as a teen back then, marvelling over how "right" the whole look was, with the chunky knits, monotone pairings, baggy wool pants and flashy belt buckles. It's still one of my favourite looks of all time, and variations of the same theme has become staples in the Gucci wardrobe ever since.

00019.L.JPG

Originally posted by Orochian@Mar 19th, 2004 - 12:35 am
Out of all his menswear collections at Gucci, F/W '97 influenced my personal style the most. I remember, as a teen back then, marvelling over how "right" the whole look was, with the chunky knits, monotone pairings, baggy wool pants and flashy belt buckles. It's still one of my favourite looks of all time, and variations of the same theme has become staples in the Gucci wardrobe ever since.

00019.L.JPG
Great look, I'd love to have the shirt in black with those pants and belts.

hello, does anyone know where i can find full size scans of all the Gucci 1996 ads ? some members here posted them but in tiny thumb sizes. I would also love to find editorials drom that season thanks !!! ps love both the spring and fall of the year

spring/summer 08 (womens)

I think his early work was by far his best. Actually I think after 2000 it was down hill. He himself has said that his attention was on YSL after 2000. 2001 was a complete disaster . If you look at the later collections they were so 'over-designed' as if 'more is more'.. if you look at 95 96( fall, spring fall ) they were so stunning in a simple chic way . I would love if someone could help me with some full size scans of 95/96 ads . Someone posted them on this site but they were tiny thumnails and could not be enlarged. I would also love to share some editorials of the very early collections if anyone has any.

^^Definitely. Such a powerful show.

I also love FW 04, especially the eveningwear...so glamorous.
00310f.jpg
00320f.jpg

00350f.jpg
00360f.jpg

(style)

Bho...FW 2003 for me also!!!!
The emotion and passion of the show exuded eventhrough the photos alone! The cuts, materials, and fabrics used gave this luxurious couture appeal while still approachable in some way. For me there's nothing I would have changed from that show from the colours to the models to the music to the runway.....all was just extremely perfect and I cannot find one single fault in that collection. To this day when I watch the video, I am still stunned by Tiiu opening in the white trench. An absolute classic collection in my mind and definitely influential to me!

After FW 2003, I would say SS 2001 and then SS 2002....very hard to decide though!!!

^^ ...not even my girlfriends ever said things THAT beautiful about me... looks like someone's got a crush on TF... B)

I'm not that familiar with Tom's collections....only Frida's, but the dresses in #10 are gorgeous!

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing Caroline Ribeiro in the blue python dress on the back cover of Vogue, Spring 2000 was the collection that turned me onto high fashion. Sexy, exotic, minimalism at it's best, I have yet to see python used more effectively. I remember this collection turning up in countless music videos, red carpets, award shows.. And the ad campaign was gorgeous, mysterious and dark.
100007754ms6.jpg
100007714xq0.jpg

100007750xi7.jpg
100007723aw9.jpg

100007752de7.jpg
100007755mf9.jpg

(all images Style.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
1. f/w 02.03...gorgeous and gothy and sexy and dark...
2. f/w 03.04...i loved the suiting so much and the corset belted jackets and coats, like spike said, it was a strong, sexy woman that wasn't trashy...

God I can't believe this thread popped back up. In my defense I was pretty much solely focused on memories of Gucci with Tom's last show having just happened. :lol:

The weird thing is how my favorite Gucci shows have changed quite a bit. These days I'd definitely rate f/w 03 as my top favorite, remove f/w 95 and add in s/s and f/w 97.

I love this thread! Im a HUGE TF fan so I'm going to have to revisit the runways and report back..

00019.L.JPG

Definitely. I still rock these pants every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanel49
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->