Favorite US City...

Do towns count?

Estes Park is one of my favorite getaways, but it's nestled in the mountains in Colorado, and has a population of just around 10,000 people. It's my perfect escape from the city or the countryside...

my favourites american cities are at first new york then las vegas
i love them very much

I feel like if you are from either LA or NYC you should have some experience on the other coast, its just such a different environment.

I would actually suggest that New Yorkers and Los Angelenos (which I used to be) experience the middle and southern U.S. and see that there is a whole world outside of those two cities.

It's unfortunate that the U.S. is mostly thought of in terms of its larger tourist cities and east and west coast. It's such a large country with so much more to offer than bright lights, skyscrapers, and Disneyland.

crepebacksatin said:
i love new york, it's where i'm from, will always be home, no place like it, etc etc etc.

but now i live in philly, and i think it's pretty great too. annoying accent aside (they think my NY accent is annoying down here :lol:), i love living here because of the great old neighborhoods with tons of gorgeous stone homes, the fact that center city is smallish and easily navigable by car, is packed with great boutiques, restaurants, etc. there are tons of great little bars, lots of cultural stuff going on, etc. just a really nice place to live. plus, it's only an hour from manhattan by amtrak.

not a fan of LA. i can't take it.

I live in Philly too, and I love it.
It's like mini new york. So easy to get around, tons of great shops, restaurants, museums, parks and so on! It's the best place to be around 4th of July too! So much going on. Movie screenings in the park, free concerts everywhere, fireworks every day that week! All walks of life, tons of theatres!
Oh god, I love it!
I also love the fact that Philly is one of the only cities in the country thats downtown area doesn't have a "ghetto"!

Other than that... I love Los Angeles!! <3
Boston is kind of cool too. Florida has it's fun spots.
I'm dying to go to SanFrancisco, I hear so many great things about it!

My boyfriend's parents racked up the airmiles & have given us 5 free nights at any Starwood hotel (Sheraton, etc) in the US. I'm wondering what everyone's favorite city is in the US, as I am kind of stumped for ideas. I'm particularly keen on visiting a place of natural beauty as I live in Chicago for most of the year. Any beaches? Any cool Indian Reservations? Natural Parks? Or really intresting/beautiful cities?
I'm open to any suggestions though, thanks in advance! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
While my favorite city ever is San Francisco... It also happens to fit your criteria perfectly. First of all it's a city, secondly it's on an ocean (and a bay, or course), thirdly once you cross the Golden Gate Bridge you can go to the Redwood Forest and hike for miles and miles and see some of the most amazing trees. The city itself has amazing neigborhoods with tons of culture, shopping, and great restruants. I've taken an amazing ghost tour of the city and it was great fun... I've also taken a culinary tour of the city which included walking through Union Square, China Town, Northbeach, and Fisherman's Wharf where we ate foods from that neighborhood and learned about the history and archetechure (sp?).

I've very biased b/c I've lived there for sometime, but it seriously has so many different things to offer. It can however be a very overwhelming city if you've never been there and just try to get around and do whatever.

san francisco. yes, because i live here and have no intentions of leaving anytime soon. :D

I've only been to New York and Washington DC.. I would really like to go to LA someday.. But New York is my absolute favourite, there's so much going on there at day and night.. I'm from the Netherlands, everything here is a bit smaller, I was really amazed when I went out in New York at night..^_^

Has nobody mentioned Seattle? I haven't been there since I was a little girl, but I was interested to hear opinions.

If you haven't noticed, I visited NYC lately and fell in love. Boston was..cute..but not sure how I feel about it. Washington D.C. was beautiful, but again.. haven't decided about that either.

I love Minneapolis because I am a mid-westerner and very much "minnesota nice" which is a term I've been hearing too much of lately! Chicago isn't a place I'm too familiar with but big city and in the midwest (an underrated place, thank you very much!)!? Although, I'm hankering to go either east or west for grad/law/whatever school in a few years!

Has anyone been to New Orleans lately?. is it still too damaged by the hurriacane?. I feel like it's such a lovely place to visit.. perfect to take long bike rides all around the town.. :heart:

To answer this thread.. I've only been all over Southern California.. and NYC.. couldn't pick LA over NYC or vice versa.. I think they're both enjoyable in their own right, so crowded and packed with energy, everyone looks so different.. and there's always something going on, unlike other towns that only produce cricket sounds at 8 pm, like SD.. I really dislike San Diego :lol:, it's the only place in the US that never fails to make me go :yuk:.

I'll soon be visiting San Francisco.. I have a feeling that I'm just going to love it.

I don't live in the US, but I once went on holiday to Seattle. It was so wonderful. Plus, it's also home to some of my favourite bands!

Austin is my favorite, but I'm biased about that

my favorite small town though is Lewes, Delaware...its my little Heaven on Earth

Well London is my all time favorite city and I think NYC comes closest to it with the vibe so I'll vote for that! I lived in LA for awhile and it was pretty nice, but I think I like SF better out west.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->