Favourite Movie Quotes?

:heart:
Ilsa: What about us?
Rick: We'll always have Paris. We didn't have. We'd
...we'd lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it
back last night.

Humphrey Bogart & Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca

Jenna: Baby don't you cry, gonna make a pie, gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle. Baby don't be blue, gonna make for you, gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle. Gonna make a pie from heaven above, gonna fill it up with strawberry love. Baby don't you cry, gonna make a pie, all my love for you in the middle of my heart.

Jenna: I don't want you to save me. I don't need to be saved.

Jenna: I Hate My Husband Pie... You take bittersweet chocolate and don't sweeten it. You make it into a pudding and drown it in caramel

Dr. Pomatter: I could find the whole meaning of life in those sad eyes
Jenna: Wow...
[she looks up at him in wonder before giving in to a romantic kiss]

Ogie: [to Dawn] . If I had a penny for everything I love about you, I would have many pennies.

--from Waitress 2007 :heart:

Fan in Lobby: Can I talk to you about an idea for a film I have?
Sandy Bates: This is not the place.
Fan in Lobby: Do you have a moment, please? It's a comedy based on that whole Guyana mass suicide.

:rofl: Stardust Memories [1980]

Herman Blume: She's my Rushmore.
Max Fischer: I know. She was mine too.

-Rushmore

Anna: You have a beautiful face.
Alice: Doesn't everyone?
Anna: I suppose so
(Closer)

Stéphanie: Why me?
Stephane: Because everyone else is boring. And because you're different.
(The science of sleep)

Joel: Valentine's Day is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap.
(Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind)

Lydia: Suzanne used to say that you're not really anybody in America unless you're on TV... 'cause what's the point of doing anything worthwhile if there's nobody watching? So when people are watching, it makes you a better person. So if everybody was on TV all the time, everybody would be better people. But, if everybody was on TV all the time, there wouldn't be anybody left to watch, and that's where I get confused.
(To die for)

Jason Bourne: Why are you helping me?
Nicky Parsons: It was difficult... for me... with you. You... really don't remember, do you?
Jason Bourne: No.
(Arrrrgh, she loved him as David! :cry:)
- The Bourne Ultimatum -

Good Will Hunting

Sean: So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right, "once more unto the breach dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help. I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine, and you ripped my f*cking life apart.

Sonny Burns: I would like to... go to... bed with you.
Gail: To... take a nap?
Sonny Burns: To have sexual intercourse
Gail: All right...

Going All The Way (1997)

Bernie - "732... 732... the number of times we made love. I remember that bastard told me he wasn't counting after 51. I'll show you. F*ck me for not leaving your *** back then."[/quote]

^^^^Agreed:woot:

From The devil wears prada

"Miranda hired me ,she already knows what I look like,(to which the man responds) "Do you" (handing her a pair of slingback heels:(lol:

From Notes on a scandal

" This past month had been the most delicious time of my life, of course we've had our ups and downs,the pressure is intense when two women share their lives, oh but what marvelous intensity it is."

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald Kaufman: I loved Sarah, Charles. It was mine, that love. I owned it. Even Sarah didn't have the right to take it away. I can love whoever I want.
Charlie Kaufman: She thought you were pathetic.
Donald Kaufman: That was her business, not mine. You are what you love, not what loves you. That's what I decided a long time ago.

Adaptation

Stéphanie: Why me?
Stephane: Because everyone else is boring. And because you're different.
(The science of sleep)
:heart: a couple more from The Science of Sleep

Stéphanie: Everything will turn out the way you want, if you stop doubting that I love you.

Stephane: I like your boobs. They're very friendly and unpretentious.:lol:

Enid: I think only stupid people have good relationships.
Seymour: That's the spirit.

Ghost World

What are you supposed to do when the ones with all the power are hurting those with none? Well for starters, you stand up. Stand up and tell the truth. You stand up for your friends. You stand up even when you're all alone. You stand up. - Bill White, 'North County'.

Eddie Izzard: "I'm from Europe, where the history comes from..."

Dressed to Kill (I know it's not a movie, but I love it)

When I'm sick and think taking extra cough medicine will actually do anything, I start rewatching every Will Ferrell movie ever made and they get funnier and funnier every time. Ergo:

Jimmy: They're laughing at us.
Chazz: Hey. They laughed at Louis Armstrong when he said he was gonna go to the moon. Now he's up there, laughing at them.

Hector: I totally want to cut off your skin and wear it to my birthday ... It's coming up ...

Jimmy: I see you got fat.
Chazz: I see you still look like a fifteen year old girl, but not hot.

Chazz: Troubled childhood? If you consider a 9 year old kid with a 35 year old girlfriend troubled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->