Fefe Dobson says Rihanna stole her style

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by babylokz, Aug 26, 2009.

1. babylokz

babylokz New Member

Honey Mag Interview

For the people who don't have time to read the interview this is what she said when asked about Rihanna.
    I ran into this recent interview of Fefe where she addresses the rumors about Rihanna stealing her style.

Here are some pictures via necolebitchie.com of her a while ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I remember Rihanna sporting this look not too long ago.

She also states that Rihanna copied her tattoos. We all know the star tattoo that Rihanna has on her back, Fefe has the same one but in color:
    [​IMG]
    (image via google search)

What do you guys think? Wow I thought it was just rumors but its so obvious now.

#1 babylokz, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by moderator hellothere: Aug 26, 2009
  2. raj

raj New Member

Well, there's nothing really original about Rihanna. She hasn't developed a style, she just wears things straight from the runways. I always get the impression that she tries way too hard.

3. inhirnamy137

inhirnamy137 New Member

I think Rihanna tries to be Grace Jones/Fefe...she is unoriginal and wears nothing but Designer clothes. I prefered her style when she first came out, yes it wasn't original, but she wasn't trying too hard to be edgy

4. ballerinagirl

ballerinagirl New Member

i don't remember fefe for her style.
    And its almost impossible to be original in this day, everyone is inspired by someone else.
    I love rhianna's style unoriginal or not she does it very very well in my opinion.

5. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f63/roisin-murphy-lady-gaga-stole-my-look-85121.html <-- See, now, it could be false/taken out of context such as this. (Which is great, you know, since I hate a quarrel between two celebrities I like... But I never believed it. ;)) Anyway, I've actually never heard of Fefe before, but let's say Fefe meant every word, exactly as presented. I instantly lose respect for anyone who pulls that card; the trick is just to style it better. :ninja:

6. babylokz

babylokz New Member

I think Fefe did a good job answering the question without dissing Rihanna. These rumors have going around since Rihanna's GGGB first came out and she never talked about it. I agree everyone is entitled to be inspired and dress however they like but the tattoo thing is way too much for me. And it's not just one tattoo as far as I'm concerned it's a couple of different ones also but I couldn't find them on google.

7. NakedIfIWantTo

NakedIfIWantTo on the come up

oh? does Rihanna have a style?

8. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

That's exactly what i was thinking. I think this Fefe girl is giving to much credit to Rihanna.:lol:

9. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Ok, I'm sorry folks but the only similarity I see is the hair cut, and since Fefe cannot possibly claim to be the first female, singer or otherwise, with that hairstyle there's barely any point in talking about it.

And the tattoo? Please, that's probably one of the most popular designs for young women these days. I know at least one person who has a spray of stars somewhere on her body.

10. silk skin paws

silk skin paws doldrums

The make over helped Rihanna's career. Before she was the Beyonce wannabe.

11. lunabella

lunabella New Member

everyone and their mama has a star tattoo. . .

12. bohostyle

bohostyle New Member

I can see it. Rihanna only updated Fefe style with labels and runway stuffs. I don't really think she has a style or whatsoever anyway...

13. Psst!It's...Evie

Psst!It's...Evie New Member

Fefe thinks too much of herself. oh, my! star tattoos? Edgy dressing? how Original! She is not so original either. There are plenty of people before them who dressed like this. While I do find Rihanna's style just an image, fefe's style has been done. So they have stuff in common, so what? She looks like she is posing for a Macy's flier in those pictures.

14. |BellaDonna|

|BellaDonna| Active Member

First off FeFe never went around saying Rihanna copied her style its her fans and anti-Rihanna people that started making comparisons with side by side photos etc. In this interview she simply answers, quite diplomatically I might add, all the petty internet bickering thats been going on.

She isn't over full of herself look how the interview went truly went down and how she answers questions on other artists.
    The title of this thread is completely sensational and OTT for no reason :(
    [​IMG]

honeymag.com

Sometimes reading an entire article is important please click the link in the first post there is even more.

#14 |BellaDonna|, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Bp Cizneros: Aug 30, 2009
  15. shimmysugar

shimmysugar New Member

first roisin murphy with lady gaga, now this. puhleeese.

16. RandomGlitter

RandomGlitter New Member

I didn't even know ppl knew who Fefe Dobson was... so congrats to her for that!

17. Florecita86

Florecita86 New Member

It sounds as if Fefe wants some attention since it has been ages since she has actually done anything:rolleyes:

18. babylokz

babylokz New Member

I agree. The post had a different title when I first created it, but the title was changed by higher powers...lol. I'm new at TFS I didn't know that would happened. Sorry if it mislead anyone :(
    The original title was Fefe Dobson Honey Mag Interview (addresses Rihanna rumors) :shock:

19. |BellaDonna|

|BellaDonna| Active Member

Wow I guess technically I'm not new but I've never created a new thread either so this is news to me also.

That's too bad they felt the need to change it cos it gives a totally bad impression of Fefe. People are just reading one line and passing judgment on her.

Anyway I guess that's life sometimes. Thanks for explaining.

20. CaitlinC

CaitlinC New Member

What a drama queen.

No one owns a style.

Jesus christ o_o