Fefe Dobson says Rihanna stole her style

babylokz

Reaction score
Honey Mag Interview

For the people who don't have time to read the interview this is what she said when asked about Rihanna.
I mean, for sure I question that, but who wouldn’t. She is supposedly a fan of mine. I try to take it as a compliment. It gets a little much when she starts getting the same tattoos as me but overall I just want people to separate the image and listen to the music. It’s about the music. Its like Prince and Michael Jackson, totally different artists. Or its like Kanye West and Jay-Z. So what? They are both black men, they sound different. So they both wear jeans, they are different. And why would you want the same type of artist?
I ran into this recent interview of Fefe where she addresses the rumors about Rihanna stealing her style.

Here are some pictures via necolebitchie.com of her a while ago.
2z54wvn.jpg

w8pzd0.jpg

I remember Rihanna sporting this look not too long ago.

She also states that Rihanna copied her tattoos. We all know the star tattoo that Rihanna has on her back, Fefe has the same one but in color:
2s96q3b.jpg

(image via google search)

What do you guys think? Wow I thought it was just rumors but its so obvious now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there's nothing really original about Rihanna. She hasn't developed a style, she just wears things straight from the runways. I always get the impression that she tries way too hard.

I think Rihanna tries to be Grace Jones/Fefe...she is unoriginal and wears nothing but Designer clothes. I prefered her style when she first came out, yes it wasn't original, but she wasn't trying too hard to be edgy

i don't remember fefe for her style.
And its almost impossible to be original in this day, everyone is inspired by someone else.
I love rhianna's style unoriginal or not she does it very very well in my opinion.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f63/roisin-murphy-lady-gaga-stole-my-look-85121.html <-- See, now, it could be false/taken out of context such as this. (Which is great, you know, since I hate a quarrel between two celebrities I like... But I never believed it. :wink:) Anyway, I've actually never heard of Fefe before, but let's say Fefe meant every word, exactly as presented. I instantly lose respect for anyone who pulls that card; the trick is just to style it better. :ninja:

I think Fefe did a good job answering the question without dissing Rihanna. These rumors have going around since Rihanna's GGGB first came out and she never talked about it. I agree everyone is entitled to be inspired and dress however they like but the tattoo thing is way too much for me. And it's not just one tattoo as far as I'm concerned it's a couple of different ones also but I couldn't find them on google.

Ok, I'm sorry folks but the only similarity I see is the hair cut, and since Fefe cannot possibly claim to be the first female, singer or otherwise, with that hairstyle there's barely any point in talking about it.

And the tattoo? Please, that's probably one of the most popular designs for young women these days. I know at least one person who has a spray of stars somewhere on her body.

I can see it. Rihanna only updated Fefe style with labels and runway stuffs. I don't really think she has a style or whatsoever anyway...

Fefe thinks too much of herself. oh, my! star tattoos? Edgy dressing? how Original! She is not so original either. There are plenty of people before them who dressed like this. While I do find Rihanna's style just an image, fefe's style has been done. So they have stuff in common, so what? She looks like she is posing for a Macy's flier in those pictures.

First off FeFe never went around saying Rihanna copied her style its her fans and anti-Rihanna people that started making comparisons with side by side photos etc. In this interview she simply answers, quite diplomatically I might add, all the petty internet bickering thats been going on.

She isn't over full of herself look how the interview went truly went down and how she answers questions on other artists.
The title of this thread is completely sensational and OTT for no reason :(
Was there ever a rivalry between you and Avril?
There was definitely a bit of jealousy on my end. For her everything was blowing up and for me it seemed like everything was a lot harder. And then we started talking and we actually became friends and I started to chill out about it. I wasn’t so paranoid.

At that time did you ever feel like she might have an easier way because she is white?
I don’t know if it was a white or a black thing because other girls had problems too. Avril was first in the sense of that girl movement. They were all kind of fighting for the same pitch. I don’t know if it was a color thing. But I hope not.

How did you feel about Jordin Sparks doing a cover of your song “Don’t Let It Go To Your Head” on her last album?
I didn’t know about it until it had been recorded. She said really nice things about me to MTV. It was really sweet. It was nice she did more of an urban, R&B version of it. It wasn’t like a rock version or anything. It was a completely different version so I was like ‘OK cool’. She wasn’t trying to carbon copy me.
You were already on Def Jam when Rihanna signed, right?
I was first I was signed to Def Jam in 2003. I think she was signed in 2005

First of all, what happened when you left the label?
It was just musical difference. It was a mutual breakup. Things weren’t working out the way we had wanted and it was time to part ways and let me create some things. Is Rihanna rock and roll? I don’t know. I mean I think that term is used really loosely.

Basically, her career did not affect yours whatsoever?
I wasn’t associated with it anymore, but do I get comparison… all over the place. To me, again, we are different. It’s like Avril-syndrome. You ask me now, and yes, we are both black but it’s not the same music. She might have some guitars on her thing but what is that? It doesn’t make it the same music.

That’s my point. The image thing — to go so extreme, from dancehall reggae queen girl to cool, punky, rocker-chick. People say Rihanna bit your style.
I mean, for sure I question that, but who wouldn’t. She is supposedly a fan of mine. I try to take it as a compliment. It gets a little much when she starts getting the same tattoos as me but overall I just want people to separate the image and listen to the music. It’s about the music. Its like Prince and Michael Jackson, totally different artists. Or its like Kanye West and Jay-Z. So what? They are both black men, they sound different. So they both wear jeans, they are different. And why would you want the same type of artist?
UserImage.aspx

honeymag.com

Sometimes reading an entire article is important please click the link in the first post there is even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even know ppl knew who Fefe Dobson was... so congrats to her for that!

It sounds as if Fefe wants some attention since it has been ages since she has actually done anything:rolleyes:

The title of this thread is completely sensational and OTT for no reason :(

Sometimes reading an entire article is important please click the link in the first post there is even more.

I agree. The post had a different title when I first created it, but the title was changed by higher powers...lol. I'm new at TFS I didn't know that would happened. Sorry if it mislead anyone :(
The original title was Fefe Dobson Honey Mag Interview (addresses Rihanna rumors) :shock:

I agree. The post had a different title when I first created it, but the title was changed by higher powers...lol. I'm new at TFS I didn't know that would happened. Sorry if it mislead anyone :(
The original title was Fefe Dobson Honey Mag Interview (addresses Rihanna rumors) :shock:
Wow I guess technically I'm not new but I've never created a new thread either so this is news to me also.

That's too bad they felt the need to change it cos it gives a totally bad impression of Fefe. People are just reading one line and passing judgment on her.

Anyway I guess that's life sometimes. Thanks for explaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->