Fendi Haute Couture F/W 2022.23 Paris

This is messy and completely unnecessary. Either close the atelier for his tenure or let someone else do it.

Even Kim looks like he's unimpressed by the collection.

These are some sad and pallid looking garments. No amount of anti-depressants can cure this.

This look like a fusion between Elie Saab and Valentino circa the 2010s. The colors palette is so predictable, beige, brown, and neutral pastel. Can he take a little risk, please?

I don't see the point of Kim couture every season if he only gonna presented collections like this. When Karl was here he didn't present every season, he presented when the collection is ready, and that is how he created such innovative collections. Now Fendi couture is such a non-event, without any craftsmanship or showmanship, what's the point then.

The last ten dresses are such MGC's Dior knockoff.

This collection doesn't make any sense. It's the fourth couture show from Jones and he still hasn't developed his own visual language, let alone skills. While it's the best Fendi couture collection we've seen from him so far, it's still incredibly messy. You can tell his range is extremely limited, too, as he went back to some of his ideas from his own past rtw collections in the most obvious way possible. And that look #23...

Kim Jones is literally the worst fit for the house and LVMH will not make him the new Karl, no matter how hard they would try.

I really hate to say this about any collection but I think here it's just the most appropriate description:

This collection is dumb.

I mean, it's just really pointless. The designs either don't make sense or they're really empty or flat. Some of it is outright ugly. There might be one or two looks with some nice beading but not enough to make any of this worth the time and labor it cost to produce. This is the collection nobody wanted and that nobody asked for. In fact, the world might actually be a better place if these clothes didn't exist.

I have a lot of respect for Kim even though I've been HATING his Dior Homme and I haven't really liked anything he's done so far for Fendi. This is such a bad, dud of a collection.

I think now might be the time to start wondering if he's such a great fit for Fendi.

the way he dresses with his watch over the cuff of his sleeve, what an utter dweeb

In his defense, Kim himself is actually super f*cking cool. Total sweetheart. One of the most chill, most real people in fashion.

This could be some random NYFW designer. I have never been a fan of his Fendi couture but at least the first 2 collections gave "something". Maybe it was the presentation, which I have to admit was spectacular in both cases. With physical shows he seems to have completely given up. There is no ambition. If the rumors about his sh*tty behavior are true, I feel even more sorry for the team.

Are these patchworks inspired by Theyskens? And what were those "conjoined twins" dresses :blink:

Exactly! The chiffon dress with the lines of diagonal frills, and "burnt" lamé/chiffon dresses... all Theyskens' signatures at Nina Ricci. The below-the-wrist gloves are also very Theyskens.

Seriously? You have an entire atelier and the best you can come up with are sheer dresses with visible underwear and embroidery? Seriously? And it doesn't even speak couture, it's giving resort at best. Embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->