Fendi Haute Couture S/S 2021 Paris

Oh my God, where should I start?

It was one of the worst couture debuts in recent years. Somehow it's surprising that it's so bad because it's the same team that worked with Silvia and Karl. What's more, Kim seemed to understand the couture techniques. He's been quite successful with merging them with the strictness of menswear under Dior Men. However, this collection is a total disaster.

For the first look, Kim went for a black suit that looked like a pyjama-fied, tortured version of Clare Waight Keller's very first couture look for Givenchy. And actually, it is one of the best looks from this dreadful collection. The dresses are either dated and tortured or become heavily embroidered fillers. The tailoring is a disaster on its own. That's a strange thing for a designer who comes from a menswear background. Both the choice of fabrics and the techniques seem not to work properly. It is the most visible on the Adwoa's look. It looks comical, like a first-year fashion design student's project based on Raf for Dior. I know that the look was inspired by a sketch from the archives, but it wasn't interpreted properly. The result was extremely heavy-handed.

I won't comment on the menswear looks (or the looks worn by male models) because they're not worth getting any attention. They are so random, even in the context of Virginia Woolf's works.

The last look, what a way to close such a trainwreck. It's just a pile of fabric printed with some ugly pattern. There's literally nothing to talk about because it's not even a look.

To sum it up, I really hope he'll be out in three years. He can destroy Dior and bring it to the ground, now it's nothing more than a cash cow, but Fendi deserves someone capable of doing better things. I'm pretty sure Kim won't get better with time. We've seen enough at Dior where he's been stuck with the same idea of couture menswear.

First and foremost, where the heck is fur? It’s Fendi for chrissake.

For some odd reason the clothes remind me of old couches from the 70s/80s that had been in a crack den for ages. Dusty, stiff and very heavy! They don’t have that couture gracefulness in them and the tailoring is not good either. The last look from his one of his Dior show alone was better than anything here. If this is the pre-Dior job then he’s not off to a good start.

Anyways he’ll always sell those heavily branded shirts and shoes. That’s what matters after all.

This is setting very low standard for haute couture, this season seems like mess, where did it go wrong 2021 supposed to be good.

It is almost a year since Karl died and I still can't get over it. Less than a year, both Virginie and Kim managed to just spat on everything he built by being so mediocre.

I am so angry and furious. Most of you said everything that needed to be said. How these people have no basic knowledge of tailoring after doing this job for decades ?

Tbh, this is worst than Olivier Rousteing's couture debut

LOL. That sums it up perfectly! Even yesterday when I saw Alexandre Vauthier I thought, well at east Balmain won't have the tackiest HC line this season.

I don't mind that it's so far removed from Fendi and from his menswear in principle, but yikes, it's so obviously modelled after Mary's Dior and I'm guessing that's because Dior sells really well. And by doing so he's positioning the brand next to Balmain and Elie Saab, at least stylistically.

It's Kim-- what were people expecting LOL

Gorgeous set/soundtrack/production that absolutely fails to elevate such corporate and soulless banality of the design. But it matters not: the kidz/SM/shills will lap this up like they’ve lapped everything else up of Kim’s hollowly hyped ascension. As already mentioned, his most blatant copy-and-paste of Romeo Gigli/Ricardo Tisci design with the opulence of a McQueen set and soundtrack— but doled out in the most soulless of corporate manipulation, is both hilarious and depressing. But once again, it's Kim...

(Of course fur is left out since that would instantly enrage the twitter mob of whom they’re not daring to offend. That’s why the men included in the show with their silly Miranda Sings lips and faux gender-neutral fluidity are for: To score PC points with the twitter twits.)

lol the contour on demis face is the most couture thing about this.

Also Naomi is wearing a duvet cover from the new Fendi Alta Home collection.
HAHAHAHA! This cheered me up!!!! So funny!!!!

I managed to get through the showstudio discussion on this and Jesus Christ the over intellectualization on this collection is out of control. Can we just call this what it is. The inspiration behind this was to create an ostentatious redundant PR stunt. It sends no other message and has no other purpose. No statement of any worth. I feel nothing looking at it. I am gonna forget this show even happened by tomorrow. These fashion journalist people like Alexander Fury are such delusional name dropping social climbers with their brains sitting on decks of cards about to topple. They continue to enable this stunt fashion with a reason and excuse for why every single detail is just so genius and sooo AMAZING. Someone on the panel actually called Kim Jones an “ego-free magpie” in his approach like H E L P M E. MAKE. IT. STOP. I legit never thought I would miss Karl Lagerfeld this much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->