Fendi Haute Couture S/S 2021 Paris

Vogue and the People: Hire more women designers because they sell and they f*cking understand women.
Vogue and the People: Hire more designers of colors because they bring something new to the table. Many are hidden talents.
Execs: Let give a basic white male designer another full-time post because he brings all his famous friends and daugthers.
Vogue: Waiting the give a f*cking mediocre collection high praise because that's where the money is.

I just f*cking can't. I'm furious by this collection. It's an insult to tear apart a house that Karl and Sylvia built with this nonsense trash. What's up with the Givenchy and McQueen refs. Like seriously Kim, I was rooting for you. I stand for you when people question and you gave me this? You can join a table with Verginie and Mary. And try to convince yourselves you are talented designers.

Re: the casting.

I don't think any of these ladies look as bad as we're making them out to be simply because of the work they've had done. They look fine, but the big culprit here is primarily the make-up, not the women themselves. The make-up looks horrible, and definitely brings attention to the fact that these women have had work done. And when you throw in the lighting and the hair, none of it mixes well together in order to portray them in a flattering way.

Last time I checked, make-up was designed to enhance and/or complement a woman's beauty, even if she's had some injections here and fillers there, and this did the exact opposite.

Ultimately what is the most frustrating about Fendi and Chanel is that beyond the talent of Silvia, Karl was very vocal about his support for a lot of designers. Unlike a lot of designers of his generation, he didn’t mind praising others designers...

To think that Haider, Phoebe or even Clare are somewhere doing whatever when they could have been perfect for this job is beyond upsetting.

It’s like KJ killed Karl for a second time in front of our very eyes!

I thought the silhouettes were either very butch or unaccomplished with horrible colours, shapes, cuts, prints, hair, make-up, lighting.

There wasn’t any talent on show here and I feel he’s way out of his depth at Fendi.

This collection made me realize again what a legend Karl was. His brain was working like a machine. He always had new creative ideas and the result was always better than the crap that has been happening at both Chanel and Fendi. I personally think that Kim's ready-to-wear for Fendi will be much better and he will make plenty of cool pieces and shows. However his couture was a big failure and the casting was horrible despite having a legend like Christy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->