Fendi S/S 2025 Milan

With Kim not showing at Couture, do you think this would be his last show?
The set I am getting a major Karl vibe, very Chanel circa 2005-2006
I'll argue that it's directly inspired by the set for Chanel AW00.

The white, the silver grid-work, even the slight lip on the box. I wouldn't be suprised if there's a reveal during the finale.

Last edited:
A slow-paced boring show of boring clothes with a terrible casting…
Such a waste of ressources.
And this time, even Silvia’s accessories couldn’t save it.

I was rooting for Fabio Z to take over Fendi but in reality, we need a swap: Daniel Lee and Silvia Venturini Fendi as designers for menswear and womenswear; Kim Jones as CD of Burberry. In the meantime, out of Dior!

No wonder that Celine and Loewe are outselling them…

The set was an underwhelming gimmick but at least the casting was good. Back to regular programming after NYC and London.

Surprisingly it is easy on the eyes, good casting, nice colors, simple but effective set.
I still remember his debut for Fendi, the looks with Demi Moore, and all the subsequent shows thereafter... I stopped looking at Fendi ever since then.
Ps. Looks like Red Wings shoes are making a comeback? lol

A slow-paced boring show of boring clothes with a terrible casting…
Such a waste of ressources.
And this time, even Silvia’s accessories couldn’t save it.

I was rooting for Fabio Z to take over Fendi but in reality, we need a swap: Daniel Lee and Silvia Venturini Fendi as designers for menswear and womenswear; Kim Jones as CD of Burberry. In the meantime, out of Dior!

How was the casting terrible? We've just seen 50 shows in NYFW and LFW with second and third tier models and this is objectively the first return to the higher standard of top 30ish girls. No novelty supermodel involvement ( that is kind of a cheap contrivance sometimes), but as far as girls on the zeitgeist and a generally good diversification of new and established, I think it was very good.

How was the casting terrible? We've just seen 50 shows in NYFW and LFW with second and third tier models and this is objectively the first return to the higher standard of top 30ish girls. No novelty supermodel involvement ( that is kind of a cheap contrivance sometimes), but as far as girls on the zeitgeist and a generally good balance, I think it was very good.
It was terrible because the girls looked terrible. They didn’t looked good and didn’t made the clothes look good. And the clothes weren’t good.

This is the proof that you can have the best girls in the world but if you don’t put them in the best light, it’s terrible.

It was terrible because the girls looked terrible. They didn’t looked good and didn’t made the clothes look good. And the clothes weren’t good.

This is the proof that you can have the best girls in the world but if you don’t put them in the best light, it’s terrible.
Yeah that could be true, but has nothing to do with the casting. Like you said in your comment - 'you can have the best girls in the world'. You're effectively saying yourself that your observation has nothing to do with the cast. When we armchair critique the casting all we can refer to is the girls in the show, not the tools they have to perform. If you separate the show into different metrics - clothes, set, music, cast, lighting etc. We are speaking of those things on their own merit.

Yeah that could be true, but has nothing to do with the casting. Like you said in your comment - 'you can have the best girls in the world'. You're effectively saying yourself that your observation has nothing to do with the cast. When we armchair critique the casting all we can refer to is the girls in the show, not the tools they have to perform. If you separate the show into different metrics - clothes, set, music, cast, lighting etc. We are speaking of those things on their own merit.
Maybe my comment implies that the girls were the problem but they aren’t. The problem is Kim Jones, his clothes, his presentation. The girls are just collateral damage.
But they looked particularly bad in this show.

For me a good casting is not only about the girls but also about their abilities to perform.

So Mea Culpa.

Funny you say that as I was thinking that Daniel Lee would be a great fit at Fendi. His collections are Burberry do have this feeling of eccentricity that reminds of Karl's later collections. I wouldn't be mad at that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->