Fendi Summer 2023 : Irina Shayk by Steven Meisel

Zorka

Reaction score
Although the campaign is already in the print (from UK Harper's Bazaar's May 2023 first ad, almost a month by now), unfortunately - *NOT* for lack of trying! - I didn't manage to find any other info about it. In other words, I'm still waiting…

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition; Elle France Digital Edition; Elle España Digital Edition; Vogue Netherlands Digital Edition

Thank you, Zorka! it was driving me crazy not knowing what collection it was :grinningsquinting:

What a waste of money. Fendy campaigns almost feel like parodies lately

Whats going on with photoshop lately, first Miley for Vogue, then Chanel, then this, very amateur photoshop and no focus either. These could pass for Ai

The first one is a remade from Spring 1993
jVdKqjHS_t.jpeg

tumblr

I like the second picture.
now, did Irina really have to wear that hideous bucket hat on most of the shots?
I know brands want to sell those cheap a** accessories but come on…

I love the reissue of the swimwear (that will probably my first purchase from Jones’s era) but she is not Fendi at all.

It has all elements previous Fendi campaigns like the ones with Angela Lindvall, Carolyn Murphy and Natasha Poly but it looks cheap.

At this point, I’m convinced Karl put a curse on Fendi and Chanel when he died because so much mediocrity and low standards is hard to explain considering the budgets…

Jacquemus had a better campaign than this and it was probably shot with an IPhone!

It's about effing time!!! :grinning:

FENDI ASTROLOGY SUMMER 2023
Photography:
Steven Meisel
Styling: Carlyne Cerf De Dudzeele
Hair: Guido Palau
Make-up: Pat McGrath
Model: Irina Shayk

Luxury house Fendi presented its Astrology Summer 2023 Beachwear Capsule Collection, inspired by the brand's archives, especially by the zodiac sign prints by Karl Lagerfeld and silhouettes from the Spring Summer 1993 Collection. Designer Kim Jones reimagines the brand's codes in a contemporary way with streatwear influences. The collection consists of swimwear made from recycled Lycra, elegant satin caftans, and dresses adorned with zodiac signs in both English and Italian, as well as astrological designs originally designed by Lagerfeld. It also includes selection of knitwear, including crocheted dresses with double-F emblems, cozy cashmere sweaters, and form-fitting viscose pieces. In addition, the collection includes sun-bleached denim, silk jerseys, and the iconic "Peekaboo" and "Baguette" purses in white leather or embroidered with astrological motifs.

designscene.net; Tatler Philippines Digital Edition

Meisel's retouching has really gone off the deep end lately. It was always very heavy but this season hes turned it up a notch.

Another day another sh*t work from Meisel. Why do they keep hiring him? What's the point when you can get better results for a much lower price? It's not like actual buyers or even SM crowd will care Meisel shot it.
I criticize the new generation of creatives but their output is not worse than whatever dinosaurs like Meisel keep doing nowadays.

I don't get it either. Craig McDean would've delivered a much better outdoor shoot. There are many others who could do much better: Mikael Jansson, David Sims, I&V, M&M...

I don't get it either. Craig McDean would've delivered a much better outdoor shoot. There are many others who could do much better: Mikael Jansson, David Sims, I&V, M&M...
Craig barely delivers these days but the other options would've done this justice

what is going on with steven meisel? all campaigns look cheap and beginner photographer, with short creativity and vision, it's a shame for those of us who love his work, but I feel that he no longer enjoys taking pictures, he lost his inner fire and love for what he does

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->