Fetish Inspired/Fetish Looking High End Shoes

TheSoCalledPrep

Reaction score
A thread for shoes by top design houses that look like "fetish" shoes... Thought it would be interesting. The slap of a name sometimes puts a different perspective on a shoe, changing it from TACKY to GENIUS...

From a fetish site:
pumps42.jpg

Gucci
GucciTAMEDDOWNFETISH.jpg

"Fetish shoes", just not my style.

so nice!

youre right SoCalled!
If they are done by Fredricks of Hollywood, they are tacky.... but Louboutin, they are genius!

Plastic'sWife said:
so nice!

youre right SoCalled!
If they are done by Fredricks of Hollywood, they are tacky.... but Louboutin, they are genius!

hehe...I think part of the difference may be the materials used though. Just by its nature, a Louboutin is going to look better in general than a $20 vinyl pump, the material on the Louboutin used is a much higher quality and so it just looks more classy, plus they pay more attention to details in general. I do agree that adding a designer name puts a whole new spin on it though, especially shoes like the Gucci ones first posted...though I think they're ugly anyways.

i'll never understand how people walk in those...

shopsmuch said:
hehe...I think part of the difference may be the materials used though. Just by its nature, a Louboutin is going to look better in general than a $20 vinyl pump, the material on the Louboutin used is a much higher quality and so it just looks more classy, plus they pay more attention to details in general. I do agree that adding a designer name puts a whole new spin on it though, especially shoes like the Gucci ones first posted...though I think they're ugly anyways.

Very well said. Take the Louboutin for example... Although it perhaps has the height of a fetish shoe, the shape and slope of it is different, as are the materials and any possible stitching. I think that the details are what sets them apart, as with any shoe really.

yes, very nice...
They are really pretty, IMO... but like stated above- walking make be an issue...

shopsmuch said:

I agree.. but just look at those Guccis :innocent: :yuk: :sick:

Those first two are just plain ugly, I don't care who designed them, they look like something the Wicked Witch of the West may wear to a cocktail party, kind of a sl*tty/matronly thing going on...not good.

The next pair, with the extremely high instep (or whatever it's called) aren't really what I'd call tacky, but I can't see those being worn tastefully too easy. Maybe, but highly unlikely.

The Pigalles were actually an exception for me, I never really liked heels higher then the standard 4 inch spike, but something about the architecture of the shoe makes it very appealing and unthreatening. I'd hardly regard it as genius, just very brave on Louboutin's part, to introduce something reserved mainly for strippers, p*rn stars and fetish shops into high fashion with such popular results.

The other Louboutin just has a certain vintage appeal about it, very 40's pin-up, which is just enough sex with a touch of class....but I think less approachable then the Pigalle because of the shape, it may be too "costumey" or something like that.

And the last pair just seem like a knockoff of the Pigalle, so I can't say I have a problem with them at all.

i agree prep, i've been thinking about this a lot lately as I quite like those Mouret shoes (they are in an ed. i have up in my wall) they do look almost fetish-y....which is why i think i prefer a dark matte leather or a suede or anything really other than patent leather

TheSoCalledPrep said:
A thread for shoes by top design houses that look like "fetish" shoes... Thought it would be interesting. The slap of a name sometimes puts a different perspective on a shoe, changing it from TACKY to GENIUS...
Thus proving that that for some people the label is more important than the actual piece of clothing... :rolleyes:
TheSoCalledPrep said:
From a fetish site:
pumps42.jpg

You're calling Ernest a fetish site?
:huh:

Dego said:
Thus proving that that for some people the label is more important than the actual piece of clothing... :rolleyes:
I think she meant that when designers do this type of shoe, they often make them look beautiful instead of just tacky...which is why people have looked at the comparisons and pointed out what is improved in the designer versions. Also, when this type of shoe is put in a luxurious "designer" setting, you see them in a completely different light than that of a fetish website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Dego, the entire point of this thread WAS to point out that many people can be blinded by a designer label and like something just because it IS designer.

Your post tried to make a point that I had already made.

Anyway, back to the normal discussion.

as are the materials and any possible stitching. I think that the details are what sets them apart, as with any shoe really.

Ppeach and AlexN... that's a point I never really thought of when I posted this thread. You're very right that the quality and appearance of a $500 shoe is usually going to be far superior to one that costs $45 at the p*rn shop. (Which is overpriced, in my opinion, considering. :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
i take sooo much offense that those gorgeous louboutins at roland mouret were compared to classless fetish shoes! :angry: :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->