Fetish Inspired/Fetish Looking High End Shoes

I've never been a fan of fetish type footwear, personally. I'm not even very fond of platforms on any type shoe, designer or not...but that's just for me.

For some reason, fetish footwear always seems very masculine to me. I love high heels and I feel empowered as a women in classy, sexy, stylish shoes. On the other hand, shoes that hobble me or make me vulnerable rob me of my feminine power. It's a fine line and we each have to determine what "works" for ourselves.

In my opinion, the person who designed these shoes really likes women:

5d_12_sb.JPG

...but I'm not so sure whoever designed these shoes does:

thighbootsnmore_1851_23294585

Just my opinion.:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact the 'ballet shoe' style is somewhat related to foot binding which is/was considered to be the pinnacle of feminity in some cultures; to the extent that only certain women could to do it.

Echoes said:
In fact the 'ballet shoe' style is somewhat related to foot binding which is/was considered to be the pinnacle of feminity in some cultures; to the extent that only certain women could to do it.

Foot binding was outlawed in China nearly 100 years ago. The process involves breaking at least four toes on a girls foot(usually before the age of 8 years old) and crippled them for life, making the women completely dependent on men. It is considered child abuse/torture.:cry:

those manolo's....don't like them much actually. the toe is too pointy.

I agree with shoesexy, footbinding is quite atrocious.

Meg said:
those manolo's....don't like them much actually. the toe is too pointy.
Agreed - on a Mary Jane, such a long tapering toe looks really goofy!:blink:

TheSoCalledPrep said:
Fetish:

Gianmarco Lorenzi
[img]http://mysite.verizon.net/fancycolors/cass/GianmarcoLorenzi3.jpg

I thought shoes are supposed to be flattering to the feet and legs? :rolleyes:

this is a very interesting topic. i love seeing influences and seemingly jutxapositions.

Kinky designer heels

I have been looking for goth/fetish/kink designer heels for a while and Dolce Gabbana gladiator heels are the only ones come close. Anything else I have missed out ?
dg_sandals.jpg

Couldn't they have picked a model with better feet?

IMHO those are male feet.

Clearly high heels are not practical or comfortable. They are really fun to wear, which is why some women wear them, I suppose. Any opinions?

A fetish is an object that, for no logical reason, invokes a particular mental state. High heels, for some bizarre reason, (and I'm glad they do) turn on a lot of people sexually. That might be the reason we associate them with hookers. Its distracting (at least for me) and tough walking for women to wear heels in ordinary life. For the bedroom, what a great use of style to assist in enjoyment. How far do you really want to walk during those times anyway?
Its fun to wear heels in public and get lots of looks, and I guess there's a big gray area between practical, socially correct, and fetish.

Nader said:
i take sooo much offense that those gorgeous louboutins at roland mouret were compared to classless fetish shoes! :angry: :angry:

ny18rv.jpg

pumps03.jpg

00290f.jpg

00071.L.JPG

00111.L.JPG

vogue.co.uk/firstview

Last edited by a moderator:
dominatrix-inspired wedges by azzedine alaïa

show_image.php

monamoore.com

6 inch stiletto heels by azzedine alaïa...

4b_3.jpg

1b_3.jpg

photos originally from ebay

^Wow, the LaPiazza/Mouret similarity is amazing! But I must say, the Alaia wedges look positively mainstream for this summer!:lol:

Emery said:
But I must say, the Alaia wedges look positively mainstream for this summer!:lol:
i agree! i just love how he blended that commercial sensibility with a little touch of s&m influence.

balenciaga's fabulous 7.5" heels for winter 2006...

019m.jpg
018m.jpg

020m.jpg
021m.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back