Fetish Inspired/Fetish Looking High End Shoes

softgrey said:
i don't wear anything the way it is shown on the runway-EVER...
that would mean i had no style of my OWN...

well Im totally with you on that! :P :flower:

these dolce & gabbana f/w 07 shoes are very fetish....

0032.JPG

i think i know someone here on tfs who would love them... :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: the Balenciaga monsters - I love them to look at, but would never even think of actually wearing them. To me, they're more like objects to be found in a museum - to be looked at, but not to be touched.

I prefer fetish inspirations that are just that - inspirations rather than absurd copies. Toned-down inspirations get the point across while still being wearable. I like the element of three small straps as seen on the following pictures of shoes worn by Kate Bosworth and Evan Rachel Wood, respectively. Kate's are Chloe, I know, but I don't know who makes Evan's:
my.php
my.php

(both from the Star Style forum threads on each actress)

Er ... ignore my post above, it saved before I was done editing:

Re: the Balenciaga monsters - I love them to look at, but would never even think of actually wearing them. To me, they're more like objects to be found in a museum - to be looked at, but not to be touched.

I prefer fetish inspirations that are just that - inspirations rather than absurd copies. Toned-down inspirations get the point across while still being wearable. I like the element of the triple strap as seen on the following pictures of shoes worn by Kate Bosworth and Evan Rachel Wood, respectively. Kate's are Chloe, I know, but I don't know who makes Evan's:

(both from the Star Style forum threads on each actress)

Does anybody know who makes an affordable similar shoe? I prefer the flats. Thanks.

kmccormi, Evan's are Chloé as well. I don't know of a similar style off the top of my head, but I'll try and look for some later on tonight.

Oh, those Dolces for this fall were the most refreshing shoes I've seen in a while. I really did miss the harmony of a pointy toe and a stiletto heel.

Also spotted on the f/w 07 runways...

Black leather crotch-high, platform, cone-heeled boots with lacing under the arch by McQueen.

00040m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00390m.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2007/Q1/030920071455567026.jpg

Givenchy did a similar boot, OTK, pointed toe with rear lacing.
http://www.***************/image/2007/Q1/030920071113489145.jpg
00740m.jpg

Burberry's make me think of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, which understandibly makes me think of hookers when looking at them.
00210m.jpg
00180m.jpg

style, elle

I don't see many women pulling these off, let alone being bold enough to try....but the sure do make a statement.

I prefer fetish inspirations that are just that - inspirations rather than absurd copies. Toned-down inspirations get the point across while still being wearable. I like the element of the triple strap as seen on the following pictures of shoes worn by Kate Bosworth and Evan Rachel Wood,

what is so "fetish" about 3 straps across the foot? on a hideous shoe, btw.

where is dego?

Right here dahling!
50px-Edna_Mode.jpg

Black leather crotch-high, platform, cone-heeled boots with lacing under the arch by McQueen.

Once again we see a designer mess up totally in a vain attempt to justify himself. Design for the sake of design, and not for the sake of creating beautiful footwear.

Better, but the heel is a bit too thick for a sharp pointy toe like that. A nice stiletto would be much better.

Burberry's make me think of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, which understandibly makes me think of hookers when looking at them.

style, elle

I don't see many women pulling these off, let alone being bold enough to try....but the sure do make a statement.

Those are actually very nice.

what is so "fetish" about 3 straps across the foot? on a hideous shoe, btw.

As Alejandro said, "Damn" is right. Your opinion is not shared by all. Whatever, we have different tastes, let's leave it at that.

And to answer your question, if you read my post you'll know that I was saying the design evokes and is inspired by fetishism rather than a straight fetish design in and of itself. Multiple leather straps are reminiscent of bondage and BDSM, to me, anyway. I could ask the same thing about Alejandro's D&G pumps a few posts above - to me those evoke NOTHING of fetishism but there are many ways to interpret the concept.

Now get over yourself and realize that what you find "hideous" others may like.

Now get over yourself and realize that what you find "hideous" others may like.

Poor baby, did I step on someones toes? :rolleyes:
You need to get over yourself and realize that this is a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to, and allowed to express, their personal oppinion.

Poor baby, did I step on someones toes? :rolleyes:
You need to get over yourself and realize that this is a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to, and allowed to express, their personal oppinion.

You didn't get anywhere near my toes, darling - don't overestimate yourself. I'm completely unmiffed.

The point of my post was exactly that everyone is allowed to express their personal opinion. I respect that you don't like the shoe. But you could have phrased it as "I think that shoe is hideous" as opposed to making a derogatory blanket statement such as "on a hideous shoe btw."

You don't even have the decency to reply on topic; you are just responding to make a defensive, irrelevant comment. At least in mine I returned with a few lines pertaining to the topic at hand that I thought would, from any other thoughtful person, elicit some intelligent, worthwhile discussion.

Here are my fetish inspired shoes that I got from Gucci 3 months ago in Milan...

Attachments

• shoes 003.jpg
    shoes 003.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 0
Oh, those Dolces for this fall were the most refreshing shoes I've seen in a while. I really did miss the harmony of a pointy toe and a stiletto heel.

00040m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00390m.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2007/Q1/030920071455567026.jpg

http://www.***************/image/2007/Q1/030920071113489145.jpg
00740m.jpg

00210m.jpg
00180m.jpg

style, elle

The gold heel makes:D it look higher.I like the look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->