Finding Your Perfect Red Lipstick

I´m very pale with blond hair and green eyes end i usually wear red lipsticks.

Mac Ladybug lipstick is awesome, for example!

One of my tricks as a makeup artist is to ask a client to bring in a sheet of red paint chips (that you get at a hardware or paint store), and the client can then match their favorite color lipstick to their favorite shade. It's also handy for mixing reds.

Like the person above, I'm very fair with light blonde hair and green eyes and I like MAC Russian Red, and Cinema Secrets in True Red. I've also found that True Red looks great on everybody.

hi, i've been looking for the perfect red lipstick for years =/ i've tried some, and it ended up making my skin tone looks greenish and unhealthy >.<

the thing is, even though a lot of people said red lipstick is for everyone, i'm not even sure i can pull it off. i have quiet a thick, but small lips, and the upper part is thicker than the bottom part :ninja: and it looks weird when i wear too daring/dark colour on my lips..
*or maybe i've been doing it wrong*

here's my photo, it's pretty accurate to my real skin complexion. any suggestion for a red lipstick that might look good on me? or just any base colour *maybe orange, or bluish, or whatever that they have* that will look good?

gejeh3resie.jpg

I think a darker, warmer red lip would suit you well. I would stay away from bright bluish reds, like Mac's ruby woo. I think you would look great with more like a dark burgundy red. Chanel rouge coco in rivoli for example.
And a darker colour on the lips drains every face of colour, so use quite some blush!
And I really like the shape of your lips btw! But if the difference bothers you too much, you could always use a transparent lipliner to adapt the shape a little.
Hope this helps :flower:.

I'm quite tanned with light blue eyes and honey blonde hair...I LOVE wearing anything orange based or boarderline coral, i still love some blue bases tho!

My faves are NARS Jungle Red , Chanel Passion and YSL Rouge Volupte #18 & #17.

I also love YSL RV in #11 which is a pretty pink based red iffffff im EVER feeling romantic... :P

I think a darker, warmer red lip would suit you well. I would stay away from bright bluish reds, like Mac's ruby woo. I think you would look great with more like a dark burgundy red. Chanel rouge coco in rivoli for example.

See I would say the opposite. Although a warm red would be nice and slightly safer, a bright blue red would be an excellent contrast with your skin and would really pop.

One of my tricks as a makeup artist is to ask a client to bring in a sheet of red paint chips (that you get at a hardware or paint store), and the client can then match their favorite color lipstick to their favorite shade. It's also handy for mixing reds.

Like the person above, I'm very fair with light blonde hair and green eyes and I like MAC Russian Red, and Cinema Secrets in True Red. I've also found that True Red looks great on everybody.

I might actually try russian red because it looks like such a lovely colour, although I'm afraid of wearing red lipstick. Silly, I know, but I just feel that pinks and nudes are so much 'safer.' I love red on other people though, ironically, and am always trying to get my flatmate to wear it (she is a blonde though, so I think that works.)

Does anyone know what colour lipstick Natalia is wearing in the midnight pearl adverts? I adore that colour (or maybe it's just that I'm so in love with Natalia's lips)

Also, how does one stop red lipstick from bleeding?

fashionified, try out Estee Lauder Maraschino. it's a very wearable red, with equal parts blue and orange undertones which suits a variety of skin tones. my pale girlfriend and i (medium asian skin)can both pull it off.

my everyday lipstick is Revlon Spiced Brandy. i buy like two tubes at a time! not a red red but a nice way to ease into reds and gives a really pretty berry stained look.

I've never tried a red lipstick in my life - ever! Until I got the Lanvin for H&M red lipstick...it was cheap and the packaging was cute :lol:

OMG. It looked awesome! My BF noticed right away, he was a big fan :D

everyone! thanks a lot for all the suggestions!! i finally got the time to go through the shop and check all the lipstick recommended, and finally found my perfect red lipstick! it's chanel rouge allure laque in dragon (no.75) this is the most intense red lipstick that i can find, it's a creme lipstick, it's very long lasting with vibrant colour. i love it!

here's a picture of me taken by crappy photobooth, hence the low quality.
redkcl.jpg

Oh, I love it! I think it's the perfect shade for you. Love your fringe too :blush:.

I normally go for pale lip color but this fall I am in LOVE with the red lip. d&g does an amazing red gloss a called ruby. You can buy it at asks in NYC. It's a bit pricey but worth every penny

love this colour, anyone know where i can find it?

garancedore

This color looks sort of like Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvet in La Sensuelle. A beautiful, deep matte red. Good for cool skin tones, and makes blue eyes pop!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in shade 203 Rouge Rock. :heart:

beautezine.com
In spring I like to use MAC Fusion Pink (amplified).

callitbeauty.blogspot.com
From L to R: Fusion Pink, Party Parrot, and Impassioned:

jennifae.com

I'd say MAC's Ruby Woo is a pretty universally flattering red.

i love MAC cockney because it looks so moist :smile: and i can acheive "popsicle" lips and full on red its perfect for layering..
but look at me red is mac russian red lipglass.its suoer red and SUPER pigmented :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->