Finding Your Perfect Red Lipstick

I was looking for a couple of months for a darker red that wasn't too cool. I have neutral-cool skin (MAC NW25) but look awful in colours that are too cool. I used to wear Guerlain KissKiss in 525 Folie de Grenat but when it wore off it was really purply-pink on my lips, not what I wanted at all. Anyway so I bought Dior's Diorific lipstick in Magic Wine (aka Rose Abracadabra) from strawberrynet and it's perfect. Gets great reviews on makeupalley. The other deep red that looks good (I haven't tried it though) is Dior Addict lipstick in Abyss Red.

My ideal red lipstick is Estee Lauder Signature in Apricot Sun and Guerlain Kiss Kiss Maxi Shine in Red Shine.

I am pretty white and I have big green eyes. What could be my perfect lipstick???

I am pretty white and I have big green eyes. What could be my perfect lipstick???
I'm super white with green eyes too and I use really red colors, like candy apple reds. My favorite lipstick is YSL's Rouge Volupté in #16. It also depends on your hair color though I think. I'm blonde so I like the contrast

I have brownish hair, dark brown actually.

Mac's Lady Danger is cool, its sort of neon/orange/red

I really like number one red or something like that by Dior, but it is discontinued. I got a free Maybelline Color Sensational lipcolor in red revival, so I have been using that. I like it. But I think darker reds look better on me. There was a color that was dark, but not super dark, by Versace that I still use.

I had a lipstick revelation today! lol. I'm a huge fan of candy apple red lipsticks, I love the color and they match me nicely but yesterday I got the Rouge Coco from Chanel in #31, and it's more of a candy apple strawberry. I think this actually fits me better than the super super red ones I love so much! Both go but if I compare I think the more pink/magenta undertoned lipsticks pick up on my skin tones more than the pure reds, I was very surprised! Just a tiny little undertone shift can have a huge impact!

I am light blonde with fairly light/ruddy skin. I find the best reds for me are pinkish and/or bluish reds. Anything with orange overtones, or anything dark, looks bad. Usually I put on dark pink Covergirl lipstain and NYC's translucent red lip gloss over it. Yes, I am a cheapskate :D

If I am super pale, have light blue eyes and darkish brown hair. Would the color of imogens lips here suit me? I love this color so much. Gorgeous!
4515384162_791b4a46e3_b.jpg

altamiranyc.blogspot.com

I think it would look great with your skin and eyes! But I'm not sure because of your hair colour. The contrast of your hair & lipstick (dark), and eyes and skin (pale), might be too much. Just my opinion, I don't really know much about it^_^

I tried Chanel's rouge coco in Mademoiselle the other day. I didn't like it in the beginning, but by the end of the day I loved it. I'm actually a lipstick virgin, so please advice.:P
I'm a blonde, with very pale skin and greyish blue eyes. Is this lipstick a good pick? Or what other lipstick should I try?

I LOVE lipstick! I'm always trying all kinds of colors on. :D It gives a unique vibe to certain outfits, and not many people are daring enough to put real color on.

The only thing is that I find my mouth kind of small and thin, and my cheeks dont have much defination, so when wearing lipstick it emphasizes it imo... :(

Burberry-Lipstick.jpg

thestylista.net

I love the lipstick and I really want to buy it, does anyone have it?

I'm OVER crazy about red lipstick it's honestly ridiculous!! I am the proud owner of MACs Pro Long Wear Lasting Lust. I believe it be quite a daring colour for someone of my complexion (i'm NC50. think i may use it as my avatar, actually) so I'm on the hunt for a more classic shade.

Red lips look great on any skintone and face shape! I personally use Mac's Viva Glam Matte 1, and I cannot get enough of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->