first big handbag.. any suggestions?

PlayingDressup said:
ooh those mj bags look nice. i think the black one is kinda big though? :P i was looking at another one just the other day, but i don't know what it's called heh. The white one is really pretty.. does it come in black?

the black one isnt too big. im sure the multipocket (white one) comes in black too.. i think they make it every season...
the big one you saw might be the cinched tote, which is similar to the black tote i posted, but larger. :flower:

ooooh i just went to the neimans site
they have tons of bags on sale and i think these would suit you better than LVs :bounce:

shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif

bottega veneta
Was: $1,250.00
NOW: $937.00

gucci
Was: 795.00
NOW: 556.00

shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif

gucci
Was: 980.00
NOW: 686.00

shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif

luella
Was: $795.00
NOW: $556.00

shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif

marc jacobs
Was: $895.00
NOW: $599.00

shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif

marc jacobs
Was: $1,100.00
NOW: $825.00

wow! thanks cloud9~ there's sooo many, that's gonna be hard :cry: :unsure:
w00t.gif
i like the luella one a lot.. it's soo cute :heart: do you think i should get a colored bag.. i dunno if it will go with all my clothes, but then again i do wear colorful things.. but it depends. i just keep thinking black is safe :P for some reason i still keep thinking about petit noe.. the little drawstring sack-thing.. something about it. i've always liked those kinds of bags.. but i like the mj one more :D i think i'll browse neiman's. soo many bags!!

If you are really kinda wanting the Epi Petit Noe, I suggest you try it first at LV and see how it works for you. It is a bit bulky so you have to consider that. I believe it's strictly a shoulder bag (can't wear it messenger bag style?) but somebody who owns one might correct me. Also, the string might be cumbersome. Having to constantly tie-untie it whenever you want to open your bag.

Or why not go to stores and just try on bags? You mentioned this will be your first and you don't want to get another one too soon... It would be a shame if you spend your $$$ for something that doesn't satisfy you 100%. Talk to one of the SAs and let them make suggestions. I remember when I went to Chanel to get my first Chanel, I was totally clueless and didn't do any kind of research. The SA who helped me took one look at me, grabbed 4 different bags, and her first choice was the bag I ended up buying within 5 minutes. I asked her how she knew just what would be the perfect Chanel for me and she said "It's my job.".

Good luck finding the right bag for you. And enjoy the process. =) Wait for a bag that will make your heart go thud and you'll know you made the right choice.

- Lena

chiangsi1980 said:
The LV Jasmin is really nice! I personally like the LV Epi line too, more discreet and classy.

But if it has to be one from the mini-monogram series...I say the Josephine.
It's a good size and you can carry it almost anywhere.

agreed!

yup, definitely go to the store and try on (hold, touch, feel, smell, whatever :D) as many bags as you can. if its your first bag, i think you'll be better off buying it offline, or buy them online after you've seen the actual thing.

dont worry about the colors too much.. from what ive seen so far i think you have a wonderful taste :smile: so no matter what color you get im sure you can use them for a long time...

Goodluck and happy hunting, LOL.:wink: :heart: Keep us posted will you.:wink:

PlayingDressup said:
wow! thanks cloud9~ there's sooo many, that's gonna be hard :cry: :unsure:
w00t.gif
i like the luella one a lot.. it's soo cute :heart: do you think i should get a colored bag.. i dunno if it will go with all my clothes, but then again i do wear colorful things.. but it depends. i just keep thinking black is safe :P for some reason i still keep thinking about petit noe.. the little drawstring sack-thing.. something about it. i've always liked those kinds of bags.. but i like the mj one more :D i think i'll browse neiman's. soo many bags!!

cloud9 said:
LV joesphine isnt bad, its very functional but its not leather so i dont think it deserves the $900 price tag. its a classic design, but i dont know if the bag will hold up for that long.. the canvas gets dirty easily and its not as durable as coated canvas or leather bags.

i dont think those LV epi bags are good for everyday use to someone whos only 16..

you might have a very mature style, but still...

you are not obviously not looking for a trendy bag, so what about marc jacobs?

p.gif
Marc Jacobs Collection
Multi Pocket Handbag, Spring Collection
$895.00
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif

p.gif
Marc Jacobs Collection
Stella Bag
$975.00
they both fall under your price range, and these bags go on sale at the end of the season so you can probably get them for 600-700.

if you really want an LV, i think this vernis tote would look cute. i like the indigo.
p10189011_ph_althero_Indigo.jpg

SHOWN HERE: Indigo
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
CLICK A COLOR its $635.

Where do they have Marc Jacobs bags on sale??:woot:

dreamboatannie said:
Where do they have Marc Jacobs bags on sale??:woot:

everywhere ^_^
online - eluxury, and neimanmarcus for sure
offline - probably about every department store that carries mj (in us)

if you read this thread closely, links to MJ bags on sale are posted :flower:

cloud9 said:
ooooh i just went to the neimans site
they have tons of bags on sale and i think these would suit you better than LVs :bounce:

shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif

bottega veneta
Was: $1,250.00
NOW: $937.00
ooh i :heart: this one! i think it's one of the best choices..
i would get it in another color though..a darker one

solg said:
ooh i :heart: this one! i think it's one of the best choices..
i would get it in another color though..a darker one

I just checked neimanmarcus.com and they are still regular price :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->