Fitness Magazines/ books

Golden_butterfly

The mod squad
Reaction score
There are many fitness magazines/ books to be found in the stores.
Endless recepies, work out programmes and advices on how to do and what to do.

Any favourite magazine or book which you find is worth all the read and
where you get inspiration from
? :wink:

I've read many books, one of those who made some sense was Body for life
by Bill Philips, although I have not followed it yet.

And when it comes of magazines, I have yet one to find which is not
directed to those who compete in fitness or one which emphasize more
on getting fit rather than trying to be an allrounded magazine like Fitness.

there is one mag that i always try to remember i enjoy reading... I think its "Self" (although i may be wrong the covers of health magazines all look the same so i wind up buying all of them...)

I like the Mind, Body, Fitness magazine. It covers a little bit of everything.

I wouldn't really recommend any of them as they all seem to repeat themselves a lot!
All of the will tell you these 3 things:

1) Diet. Eat clean. Veggies. Oatmeal. Protein. Egg Whites. Vitamins.
2) Cardio 4 times a week.
3) Weights: lunges, squats, bicep curls etc.

You never learn anything you don't already know.

I don't like them. Especially Shape. :sick:

I do like MUSCLE by Men's Fitness. It offers really sound advice, new routines, and lots of different exercises that challenge even a seasoned exerciser like myself. Even though it is for guys..... I don't mind the embarassment of purchasing it, I just don't read it in public :wink:

'Self' is my favorite. It covers the gammit from diet, exercise, mind & body AND fashion! I find it to be really well rounded and motivational without being too aspirational. :flower:

Shape (& many others), I find too geared towards weight machines which don't fit my lifestyle. I like the option to work out at home on my own time and 'Self' always offers great workouts for this. I think if you were REALLY into fitness (i.e. looking to win races and/ or competitions), then one of these other magazines would be good. For me, though, I just want to be healthy. No desire to run a marathon :lol:

I also like the magazine 'Health' as a second choice. It concentrates mostly on diet & exercise, but is geared towards an older consumer. The target market is probably 40s and up. I like it because I believe it can help me take preventative measures. Such a sucker, I am :rolleyes:

I like Fitness RX for women alotT The models in there are alot better ideals for me to shoot for than the fashion models in Vogue. I also like bodybuilding.com

i personally luv SHAPE magazine, although i hate their covers... AND THEY HAVE TOO MANY ADS- especially for lowfat no calorie, no fat foods- which just annoys me...

Vogue for me... looking at all those skinny models is an inspiration and gives me motivation.

I like Self mag... its not as boring as say Prevention, but its fun to read and inspiring with good looking models or celebs....

Self is fun to read... I take back my previous statement.. I would never buy it though, just read at the market :lol:

Self is a great mag. I really enjoy flipping through that mag. Body + Soul is also excellent... I highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->