Fix the Ad Campaign

jssy4eva

Reaction score
I thought that this would be a fun idea! Have you ever looked at an ad in a magazine and thought "If it were up to me, if would have chosen this model instead" or "Picked this location instead of that one"? Well if you have, then this is the thread for you :woot:

Take an ad campaign that you have seen and tell us what you would do to fix it up or tell us what your dream campaign would be :flower:

I'll start out:

This season's Prada ads are beautiful and feature the very talented and versatile Sasha Pivovarova and Eddie Klint. If it were up to me however, I would have cast Marina Perez and Danny Beauchamp. The setting would be a night in New York and would follow this couple as they explore the town :woot: Nothing too chessy, just alot of nice backrounds and a dark mood.

Ok i have another one... this would be more of a dream ad for Versace Fall 2006

My cast would include 8 models;5 female: Daria Werbowy, Jessica Stam, Izabel Goulart and Caroline Winberg and Heather Marks and 4 male: Noah Mills, Will Chalker, Santiago Montero and Evandro Soldati :woot:
00010m.jpg
00190m.jpg
00240m.jpg

00200m.jpg
00170m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00120m.jpg
00090m.jpg
00080m.jpg

*all pics from style.com

Row 1: Daria, Jessica, and Izabel
Row 2: Heather, Caroline and Noah
Row 3: Will, Santiago and Evandro

I think it would be fierce :D

:clap:

The location would be the Versace Hotel in Australia
dscf13945gk.jpg

trekearth.com

This is the lobby..the shoot would take place at night, all the models (male and female) would be photographed together, scattered around the room, some sitting, some standing and posing...:blush: :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also redo Versace. I'd have cast Tasha instead of Kate and stayed close to the old school Versace layout, but I would have gone dark, black, midnight blue, steel. Very dramatic lighting to capture the sheen from all of the clothes.

That's it really.

^^ Versace: Same styling; nix Kate; doing something different with Christy's look somehow.

:woot: i would try and give dior to angela lindvall again... and prada to tanya dziahilva...

I like your Versace fix. Well, on the bright side, at least no celebs this time around. Hope that stays.

^ Absolutely JR, Angela in that black wig would've rocked Dior.

Morgane Dubled and Angela Lindvall for Dior

Marta Berzkalna, Romina Lanaro and Tasha Tilberg for Versace. I kinda agree with everyone that the ads should be really dark.

I would also replace Du Juan with Ai Tominaga for Roberto Cavalli.

I'd definitely have Ai over Du for Roberto Cavalli.

I think Hilary Rhoda, Freja, Vlada, Daria should be in the Versace ads instead and it's gonna be dark and less er mod?

Anyone else for Dior would have been much much better and it's gonna be a style similar to the runway show.

^ yeah, dior really looked bad, and i actually think it looked better with the galliano wigs and stuff...kate just ruined the look so much!

YES! The current one has next to nothing to do with the collecion, I mean it could have been for any season, any label, anything!

Dior the way I see it.

(My photoshop skills are limited, so forgive any lameness)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 38
That looks great Spike413 :woot:
That whole Snejana edit in the june issue of i-D should have been used as the ads for the mainline instead of shoving Kate' s tired appearance down our throats season after season :rolleyes:

YES! That is how I see it! I mean totally, I expected the ads too turn out like that when I first see it in Snejana's thread.

wonderful thread jssy!!

if i could redo FW06 Dior ads, i would replace Kate with someone who has quirky features like Irina L to reflect the rockstar aspect of the collection. But Snejana's a good replacement too!

I love your versace re do jssy4eva!

But i'm not sure about the models...maybe not Isabel, she is not a great model at all, she can't even walk

but I love the place you chose, versace hotel Australia, must look gorgeous at night
:blink:

Now that most of the new ads are in, I hope this thread grows. This could be fun, but I have to be a dork and think about it before I post...

TO fix the Balenciaga campaign with Coco Rocha...

00130m.jpg

Simply just change the model :yuk:

Switch Coco for Hilary and Marta B)

00010m.jpg

00090m.jpg

style.com

^ yes!

and Spike your Dior ad is AMAZING so much better than the kate ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->