Dior F/W 09.10 Campaign Challenge

Here's my entry!

Dior Fall 2009 Ad Campaign by VogueParisLover.
"The Belles of Shanghai"
Models: Du Juan and Sasha Pivovarova
Ph: Mario Testino
Hair: Orlando Pita
Makeup: Pat McGrath
Concept: The chic girls are having a vacation day in Shanghai, touring around the city with the Chinese inspired Dior clothes.
Desktop7.jpg

Look #1
Desktop11.jpg

Sasha and Du are standing on a balcony looking at the camera, the view of Shanghai in the background. Sasha is behind Du, giving her a big bear hug, her face is on Du's shoulder.

Look #2
Desktop13.jpg

Du is sitting on the steps, looking at the camera. Sasha is leaning on the railing, looking at Du. There are no people in the palace.

Look #3
Desktop9.jpg

Sasha and Du are holding hands, but they aren't too close together. All of the trafic and the people are buzzing around them. Sasha's dress is blowing around in the wind. They are looking at the camera.

Look #4
Desktop8.jpg

Sasha is sitting on the balcony railing. Du is looking out at the view.

Look #5
Desktop10.jpg

They are standing on the street, again looking at the camera. The people are there, but the are staying away from them. The lights are changing the colour of the clothes.

Look #6
Desktop12.jpg

The end of the day, they are on this side of the river. The wind is blowing and the dresses are blowing around. They are turned toward each other but their heads are looking in two different directions.

All credits are in the photo.
Hope this is what I'm supposed to be doing!
Hope you guys like!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow what an awesome idea! I won't be participating (I know myself, being way too lazy for this kind of things :blush:) but there are so many talented people here indeed - so I'm very excited to see the results of this!

VPL, your choice of location is THE perfect choice for that collection, good job:wink:

This isn't a entry, but it just goes to show how simple it would of been for Dior to put something together.
A simple studio shot would of been a start at least.

FWDior.jpg

source | scanned by fer19dog

vogue28, it's simple and works brilliantly. It shows the collection as it is. You're right it would be simple to do this. You should distibute it worldwide haha

Also, Go Maryna at scoring a Dior campaign, well deserved!!! hahahaha

Fantastic idea! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with, heck I'll attempt to construct a decent ad :P
I like the idea of redoing some of the other campaigns as well :lol:

^ I know right. How many times have you read "Such ad such would be great (together) for this" or "[model's name] deserves this campaign" - now they can:wink:
That is if something can be arranged.

I made mine, I'm exhausted but it was fun!
Dior's FW09 was a very beautiful collection, such a shame that it doesn't have a campaign.. Tsk tsk..

I'm going to try an accessory campaign:
I love simplicity when it comes to accessory ads, so a simple black background with a mirrored floor effect like the runway shots, like so:
18khvk.jpg

style.com, ehnpc.com,
with the logo slightly transparent, and slightly overlapping the shoes/bags.

With the very vibrant Eastern color influence, I would pair shoes with contrasting shoes and/or bags. For shoe/bag pairings, one model would be holding the bag at a certain pose while the other model's legs and shoes will be the only thing in the shot. The shoe/shoe shots would focus on the feet mostly like in the detail runway shots, but both girl's legs will cross each others. For example some pairings would do like:
Accessory ad 1
00430m.jpg
00210m.jpg

Accessory ad 2
00200m.jpg
00270m.jpg

Accessory ad 3
00370m.jpg
00410m.jpg

Accessory ad 4
00540m.jpg
00580m.jpg

As for model casting:
Ksenia and Georgina, granted it will mostly be their feet, but for bags I think they'd do perfect:
00630m.jpg
00460m.jpg

style.com

That is fantastic. Simple and shows off the collection to it's best :clap:

^ Thanks.. :blush:
I had fun replacing Anna J.'s face with Liu Wen's.. haha. :lol:

Oops, I forgot to add Georgina to the models credit.. :innocent:

Love it Bengt. It really does highlight the collection where needed. That is a brilliant campaign:smile:

^ Thanks.. :blush:
I had fun replacing Anna J.'s face with Liu Wen's.. haha. :lol:

Now that you said that, I was thinking "oh yeah, Anna J wore that". I wouldnt have guessed otherwise. Great chopping job

Oops! Forgot to post the other shot of my editorial! :doh: Here it is:

Look #8
Desktop14.jpg

Sasha and Du are sitting on the side of the bridge, legs dangling over the edge, looking off into the distance.

When the time comes to vote, im gonna need help with collecting and presenting the ads in a recognizable format and setting up a poll. Any volunteers, please PM me:wink:

We can do it like the Vogue Cover Challenge, were one member makes a list that has links going to the each ad, and then to vote, you would just send a PM with your top three in order, and whoever get's the most points wins. It would be like 1. gets 3 points, 2. get's 2 points, and 3. get's 1. If I don't make sense, you can refer to the first post in the Vogue Cover Challenge thread.

My vote goes to Bengt. Georgina is the perfect choice for me. :blush:

Right I get it now.

Vogue Cover Challenge rules apply (http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f7...-please-read-thread-rules-post-1-a-77275.html - for anyone unaware, as I was)

PM me with your top 3 choices, obviously with your order of preference. Since I do not anticipate too many entries, I should be able to manage.

Voting is from Thurs 27th Aug till Wed 2nd Sept. I will post the top 5 including the winner on the 3rd Sept.

I would post this at the beginning of the thread but Im not able to. Im aware ive made a hash of the point and guidelines of this thread, but im not a mod so my powers are limited. Hope everyone understands:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->