Flare December 2010 : Olivia Wilde by Chris Nicholls

blueorchid

you soft and only
Reaction score
6f9dbfe84a92b78ff017e2f7c923.jpeg

“The last two or three years, when I’ve really been tremendously lucky in this business, correspond with a real acceptance and comfort with myself. I don’t think that’s a coincidence,” says 26 year-old actor and leading babe on Maxim’s Hot 100, Olivia Wilde. In Hollywood, she adds, “You have to be unique, you have to embrace what makes you different.

Besides the fact that she’s drop dead gorgeous and happens to be a modern-day princess—her husband Tao Ruspoli is the son of an Italian prince—part of what makes Wilde stand out is the roles she chooses. Take the character she plays, a guardian warrior named Quorra, in this months Tron: Legacy for example. Wilde spent four months training in mixed martial arts and sword fighting for the part. “The characters I’ve been playing recently aren’t typical,” admits Wilde, who also has upcoming roles in the comedy Butter and Ron Howard’s western-sci-fi mash-up Cowboys & Aliens. Similar to Wilde, they’re independent, strong and very surprising.

Olivia Wilde can be seen in theatres on December 17 in Tron: Legacy. For more on our exclusive interview with her by Olivia Stren, pick up the December issue of FLARE, on newsstands across Canada November 8th.

flare.com

They really are trying to be US Vogue huh? This is what, 3 or 4 covers in a row with the US Vogue vibe?

well, i actually kinda like the cover.. but, why they put lot of text on it? i mean, a LOT.

What a wonderful cover! Olivia is very beautiful and I love the dress she's wearing.

My first thought (like everyone else)...it looks exactly like US Vogue.

I love the dress and the picture of her though.

it's not her, it's the dress. I don't think the dress is for the cover.

It's not a bad cover, but the dress and all the text seem to be drowning her out.

Oh pretty! I love FLARE.... what a nice way to end the year!

I love this! Reminiscent to US Vogue but still looks lovely! So happy for Olivia getting the Flare cover. Lovely!

Such a pretty cover however I wish they had picked a dress which wasn't so overpowering, its distracting.

NOOOooo...I can't stand Olivia Wilde! :angry: It's such a gorgeous cover (probably the best of the Flare year) and yet I have to stare at someone I loathe. And it's not like Flare content ever makes up for lousy cover stars. What a bummer.

I think they do the US Vogue better than US Vogue! Lovely cover. Olivia is pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->