Ryan Gosling and Olivia Wilde dating?

This relationship will probably fizzle since Ryan isn't a huge famewhore and I think Olivia is looking for a coupling to push her status up a bit. He has respect, but isn't part of the glitterati. I also can't see him walking a red carpet with her for a long while.

Yh I think she's looking for "that" sort of relationship because even though she's got big movies coming up - shes just sort of THERE lol. Shes just meh in the media I think. Even Tron didn't do that much for her. But she seems alright though.

As much as I like Ryan, he's just a hornier version of Natalie Portman to me. Like people put them on a higher pedestal and sometimes ignore/forgive some of their fkery. Like people think they are "above the fame" - when in fact they're just smarter at it, especially NP.

Ryan & Olivia are both young and single so I guess as long as they are not hurting anybody it's fine lol. I think their more friends than an actual couple. Maybe FWB!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
Yh I think she's looking for "that" sort of relationship because even though she's got big movies coming up - shes just sort of THERE lol. Shes just meh in the media I think. Even Tron didn't do that much for her. But she seems alright though.

As much as I like Ryan, he's just a hornier version of Natalie Portman to me. Like people put them on a higher pedestal and sometimes ignore/forgive some of their fkery. Like people think they are "above the fame" - when in fact they're just smarter at it, especially NP.

Ryan & Olivia are both young and single so I guess as long as they are not hurting anybody it's fine lol. I think their more friends than an actual couple. Maybe FWB!
Posted via Mobile Device

THIS THIS THIS!!! I am so tired of all the pretentious actors out there. I don't care how much Proust you read, how much classical music you listen to, how many foreign language films you cite as "influences". At the end of the day, you make money by entertaining people, often whilst scantily clad. You are no better than anyone else in Hollywood. He isn't any "better" than she is.

That being said, I just don't know how to take Olivia. I mean, I guess it's cool that she's totally okay with "sexy" being what she brings to the table in 90% of her roles, but I also feel like she has enough talent to be more than that. Oh well.

I agree, he is very pretentious -- although less so than James Franco. Gosling is really trying to be Marlon Brando, like you can tell he studies the man in his free time.

Oh, I so agree with the pretentious celebrities thing... that annoys me to no end. I don't get a good vibe from Ryan Gosling, or James Franco or Natalie Portman. :innocent: I disliked Olivia Wilde for a while, but for whatever reason I came around and I like her now. :lol: Somehow her sexiness seems innate and not just a skanky act like so many women put on.

^ For me it was the other way round for me with Olivia. But I know the silliness is on my side cos she hasn't done anything for me to dislike her. But all those topless/naked shoots she keeps on doing are a turn off. Like why does she do them! It just seems a bit "try". She's lucky shesflat chested cos otherwise they would be even more skanky. Maybe it's cos I don't see her as the "sexy, va va voom" type.

As for the pretentious celebs, I think the media also enables them. Ryan, Nat, James etc. are the closest we're going to get to the DeNiro class of actors. They are seen as the new old hollywood of this generation - so they are given a "hall pass" by people.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have yet to see one thing pretentious about Ryan. He seems like such a down to earth person whose completely uninterested in fame.

I wouldn't put him in the Natalie Portman/James Franco/Anne Hathaway league (even though I love all three of them).
Gosling is more of a Carey Mulligan, Mila Kunis, Nicholas Hoult, Joseph Gordon Levitt type. He's talented, but modest and very low key.

Here's a new quote from a Lainey Gossip article about Ryan and Olivia:

As for Ryan, I’m told he and Olivia Wilde are still happening even though they’re both on location. They’ve been making use of weekends.

Hmmm....

yeah, for whatever reason, i never found Ryan pretentious - he seems genuine and down to earth (which is not a vibe i get from Franco or Portman, actually i wouldn't put him nowhere near that "league").

on the other hand, IMO, Wilde is just bland, i'd "expect" someone bit more feistier with him. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->