Florence

D Lovely

Reaction score
Hey
im going to florence next week
does anyone knows some good vintage shops and markets?

i hope someone knows...

I would also like to know that. I am going in September and I want to buy a coat (around $500-600) and maybe a nice leather bag and boots. Any ideas?

D Lovely, do you have any hotel recommendations?

my fave place to shop in the world is the prada factory in montevarchi, about 1 hour from florence. drive or take a train down to montevarchi then take the "prada taxi."

the prices there are insanely good. i've found amazing things there like a $1500 prada coat for $600. all kinds of shoes and boots for $120 that usually retail $350 and up. the prada bags are a bit more like $200...they have prada, miu miu, and jil sander. and the men's clothes there are the best- even better styles than any US store. prada shirts that go for $400 for men go for $75 there, pants that go for $120 there that go for $450 here. my husband gets the best looking shoes there always for around $125 and such better styles than the $500+ ones in new york. yes my husband has prada dress shirts, sweaters and pants in every color imaginable because of this. you should see his closet.

anyway bring your passport and you get VAT back- we go to the factory at least once a year and always come back with loads of stuff. there are lots of japanese tour companies that make money just by coordinating travel to this factory and also the outlet further south has bottega venetta, gucci, loro piana outlets that you should also check out.

the only thing is you should go real early in the morning and try to go in a group. we've had so many prada bags on us on a train that we did not feel secure- i would not have wanted to be by myself in that instance. wish you the best of luck.:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
no sleepy i cant say i do
I am going backpaking so i will stay at a campsite
that way i can spend more mony on clothes:P

ilovepositano thanks a lot :flower:

Now I firmly decided not to shop at all during the summer season so that I save more for September :smile:

sleepy: no problem! i hope you find lots of fabulous things there!

one other thing- if you are around florence area say for 5 days and you are hardcore about shopping, try to go on one of your first days then go on one other day before you leave.

the reason is the stock at the factory outlet turns very quickly and they put things out sporadically as they sell out. i've gone before on one day and then three days later and the merchandise looks totally different so i got to buy lots more stuff. :P

good luck!

Doesnt anyone know any vintage stores or markets in florence??

I'm going to Florence in two weeks, and I'm also interested to know some cute shops there (vintage or shops whit original stuff)

There are no vintage shops here, there's one cute second hand shop in Borgo Pinti and another one in via dei Serragli but they're so tiny

do you know where i could get a cute messenger bag in a boho style way?
BLACK_ROCKET_MESSENGER_BAG_FRONT3-242x235.jpg
Vlack_Green_Fat_Robo_messenger_bag_front-600x450.jpg

from lawlesswear

Last edited by a moderator:
I am bumping this as I will be going to Florence I would like to know what to see and do there?

TIA.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexica
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->