Italy Shopping

cric-croc said:
I am going to Rome at the end of May- do you have any tips on vintage shopping there?
also, do you think it would be ok to get on a train and go to the Mall outside Florence for one day only? the journay to Florence should be approx 1.30h plus transfer to the outlet will be another 3om - do you think it would be worth it? is the mall the best place to go cheap designer shopping in italy?
thanks

Well.. Rome isn't the best place on earth for vintage shopping. I live there (here :P) and I swear, I never saw a decent vintage or thrift shop, just old horrendous clothes. I once heard about a nice vintage shop around Piazza Navona (a famous spot), in Vicolo del Governo Vecchio (that's the street), but I still have to visit it.

For the Mall.. yeah, you can sure do it.

But I herd the best malls are up north, where are the factories (they have outlets).

Anyway, you can find some malls around Rome, too, but nothing too exciting. The prices aren't too low, quite the same as the centre, but the choices are limited.

I suggest to go shopping around the city, experiencing the little shops... that's the best IMO! :flower:

The only thing that i can recommend in Roma is the bulgari outlet!!

thanks Britishkiller - what outlets would you then reccomend to visit in Italy?

intreting thread & great choices thanks everyone here :wink:

does anybody know if there's any lanvin retailer in italy? the lanvin site does not list any flagship stores in italy, but maybe some multi-brand store sells it? (shoes, thats what im looking for)

^^^
maybe the luisa via roma store in florence??
there's one in prato too I believe...

somebody said that big names often make clothes for outlets that are worse quality than what they sell.......

does anybody know if there's any lanvin retailer in italy? the lanvin site does not list any flagship stores in italy, but maybe some multi-brand store sells it? (shoes, thats what im looking for)

Where are you looking for?

I didn't see any in Milan? Where can I find Lanvin, Balenciaga and Christian Louboutin in Milan?

i've already got my lanvins online, at luisaviaroma, that also has 3 stores in roma, firenze and prato (im not too sure about prato, to be honest)
in milan you'll find lanvin and christian louboutin shoes (lloooow storage, i couldnt find any size/model i was looking for) in bronx gio moretti in via della spiga and as for the cl shoes also at a store called antonia - but i dont know the address for this last one!

I saw the Prato address in LVR's store locator... maybe it's just offices?

Hi Have you tried 10 Corso Como in Milan. I think you may find lanvin and balenciaga there.

I read something in a magazine about the shop and they appear to sell loads of different designers. Think they have a website. In Rome there is a lifestyle store which I think was called 'Tad' - but could have got that name wrong.

10 Corso Como, Milan www.10corsocomo.com

Another shop in Rome you could try is Luna & L'Altra, Via Del Governo Vecchio 105, Roma which stocks mainly non italian designers

luna e l'altra? i've never heard of it, thanks a lot for sharing. do they sell shoes aswell?

In Rome there is a lifestyle store which I think was called 'Tad' - but could have got that name wrong.

you got it right, its tad. its in via del babuino, towards the end of the street, near piazza del popolo. it's a cool concept store and has lots of brands, but no lanvin:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->