Fresh retro makeup S/S 06

Lena said:
bluemarine ss06 from vogue.uk
someone needs a nap...:lol:

seriously, i love this look. it works well on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
twilight fairy said:
Don't know about the makeup, but I need those Moschino glasses!

Same here! I think I had a similar pair as a kid. :heart:

I have a similar pair in red. They're very cute; it was in a poster for Kubrick's Lolita in '62.

I wish I had the face to pull off red lipstick. My face is round and my cheekbones are pretty non-existent. Plus, my lips are very full and somewhat wide so I look like a clown with bright lipstick on. Actually, I look like a clown with pretty much any lipstick on.

I love the make-up in Blumarine pics!

personally I'm a bit tired of eye make-up in general, so this is a fresh change.

I've actully almost completely stopped wearing eye make-up. i just add a little colour to my brows.

^ Sounds great... Lots of eye makeup is definitely a very tired look.

I love how interesting the combination of vibrant red lips and no eye makeup look is..... :heart:

Love the look

Totakeke said:
I have a similar pair in red. They're very cute; it was in a poster for Kubrick's Lolita in '62.

I wish I had the face to pull off red lipstick. My face is round and my cheekbones are pretty non-existent. Plus, my lips are very full and somewhat wide so I look like a clown with bright lipstick on. Actually, I look like a clown with pretty much any lipstick on.

I don't think that the lipstick has to be "bright" red. I can't pull off a bright red myself...but something closer to wine like in the bluemarine pictures. Clinique Black Honey is a nice blackish-red, fairly sheer. I haven't seen it look bad on anyone. MAC Viva Glam as well if you want something matte...it is a brownish blue-red. I am a big fan of MAC, I know a lot of people aren't, but their products work great for me.

I love the Valentino pictures. It's a litttle Jackie O...love it. I always carry a nice red lipstick with me. In a rush, red lipstick, a clean face, and a bit of mascara makes you looked put together.

I love the look,however I always feel like I do not have a makeup unless I wear 2 or 3 layers of mascara :lol: Red lipstick is not very flattering for me either,I will try to find more soft clours like creamy dark pink or something to apply the look.

Tushka_BeLLa said:
Red lipstick looks AWFUL on me!

All you need is to find the perfect red lipstick for your skintone.. Because there's so many out there... Depending on your skintone, you can go for a more "blueish" red or a more "orange" red.... It all depends. :wink:

But there's always going to be one perfect red for you.

As mentioned elsewhere, I am planning to do this look, stocked up on the lipstick a couple months ago--a non-matte raspberry lip and raspberry shoes (which I'm having custom made) ... I had thought about ruby jewelry, but am getting a vintage platinum/diamond watch, so will probably leave my jewelry spending at that. Everything else (the clothes) will be ivory, greys, and blacks. I'm planning to do a fairly demure silver-grey eye, also seen on the runways. (I have such oily skin that going without eyeshadow isn't an option for me.)

PS The first Gucci lipcolor pictured is what I'm going for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nars trends

people generally don't follow makeup trends (just look at people who wear all the latest fashion trends but still can't get over brown lipstick), but i always look to nars for whats hot makeup wise. if you are going to go dramatic with the eyes, its all about purple. it's one of those colors that you can match with any lip...for the summer, do it with nudes or light hues, and in the winter, you can go with a cool or warm shade. it's a lot better knowing what trends are out in makeup, than whats in...i still wear all my nars eye duos from past seasons, but i wouldn't touch brown mattes with a ten foot pole...:wink:

I really adore this look - but do you think that a strong lip is too much for a fifteen year old in a sea of high school students wearing either nothing on their lips or just a little gloss?

*Princesse* said:
I really adore this look - but do you think that a strong lip is too much for a fifteen year old in a sea of high school students wearing either nothing on their lips or just a little gloss?

You could always blot it down to a stain so you get color but not intense lipstick.

*Princesse* said:

Go for it! I imagine that you must be a cool girl :flower: just for considering it. I wish I'd had the confidence in high school to stand out and be individual. My only advice is to wipe a bit of lipstick off before lunch and gym class, and always do the thumb in mouth trick when you reapply so it doesn't get on your teeth. Lastly, do not apply lipstick in class in the same way you would probably not brush your hair.

GasolineRainbow said:
Go for it! I imagine that you must be a cool girl :flower: just for considering it. I wish I'd had the confidence in high school to stand out and be individual. My only advice is to wipe a bit of lipstick off before lunch and gym class, and always do the thumb in mouth trick when you reapply so it doesn't get on your teeth. Lastly, do not apply lipstick in class in the same way you would probably not brush your hair.

Thank you for the advice and the compliment! ^_^ ! I'm definitely going to try it, maybe with a slightly more subdued, but still strong, color. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->