Fringe Fashion

^the random girls bag is badass

I really love this dress by melbourne designer Rich. even more so than prada's
2376596857_3ce15d6ce1_o.png

flickr

topshop fringe sandals...not sure i like either of these...too 'chunky' i think...

32F05STAN_normal.jpg
32F22SCHC_normal.jpg

wiw cant wait to see how you style that piece.! :D

^Love the black ones, thanks for posting

and I like that Rich dress more than the Prada too

Fringe shoes from DonDonna
77520081414940511445_L.jpg

wedins

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting, Adorefaith :heart:
I actually like the 2nd pr, too...
Though, I am sucker for wedges..

Hi MichelleYue - Idk if this helps,
but the fringe scarf from UO is one size fits all... :flower:

Adorefaith I spotted those too, I agree the first pair are too chunky looking but I really like the second pair.

What do people think of the raffia at Armand Basi ? I like how it looks like fringing but it isn't !
ar1os5.jpg
arsz3.jpg

source:elle.com

another fringe-y shoe ^_^

john galliano f.w 08
281md61730zf0.jpg

style

What do people think of the raffia at Armand Basi ? I like how it looks like fringing but it isn't !
They seem a little plasticized in those pics
I like them in little amounts , like in the first model's shoulder & as a corsage
I think the bright colours look a bit festive
:ninja:

---

Some bags fall / winter 08

Louis vuitton
297m.jpg

Alex mcqueen
016mdab06fpw9.jpg

Chanel
100md80e9bdo0.jpg

101md7eac7wg8.jpg

Gianfranco Ferre
460m7fb992os1.jpg

all style.com

^whoooa for real...gorgeous.
I'm still recovering from my Prada fringe bag lust....I had it so bad for that bag. I've always had a thing for fringe...I can't resist a Western inspired look it seems. But the asian look that Armand Basi did with it is incredible as well, the shoes were nuts!
Two weeks ago I bought a leather vest with a really long fringe, definitely getting inspiration for ways to wear it from this thread!

Can't say I'm too fond of the style.com pulls... :ninja:
I do not like fringe when it is far removed from it's essence -
or when it's incredibly literal...
A perfect balance is necessary for me...
Thanks for posting all the same, Gius.

^not a fan either..:ninja:

that ferre clutch actually holds amazing appeal for me though :shock:. it's normally not something i'd like but i can see kate moss pairing it with something fabulous and a little bohemian and suddenly i kind of love it :innocent: :heart:

I don't know what it is, but recently I've just fallen in love with fringe anything! I bought a small brown leather fringed purse from Mango in January and then a big black fringe back from H&M not too long ago. Now I really am on a mission for fringed sandals or some crazy top of sorts..

They seem a little plasticized in those pics
I like them in little amounts , like in the first model's shoulder & as a corsage
I think the bright colours look a bit festive :ninja:

Thanks for the karma earlier btw. :smile:

Yeah I can't imagine that it's very comfortable to wear. There was an interview in Elle with Markus Lupfer and his decision to use raffia I thought it was such an odd choice of material.

I never really frowned upon fringes. I'm most familiar with fringed denim bottoms. Everything from denim jeans to denim skirts I've seen fringed. Those were just subtle fringes. These fringes are more of an all-over fringe deal. At times, I usually think they seem more like furry garments than stuff fringed all over. I'm not sure if these fringed garments can be an all-year fashion (meaning... can these fringed garments be just as comfortable and warm in colder temperatures?).

The fringed garments and accessories in this thread are very nice, except for one of last year's worst trends- the gladiator sandals (I'm sorry. I know they aren't supposed to be cute, but they aren't very stylish to me). This seems like a nice trend to adopt. As long as these garments and accessories don't have the fringes of a fairly beautiful carpet, they are fine. It also helps to see fringes made in the right places for those garments and accessories that have fringes on most of an item. This wouldn't be a bad trend to follow. There are some great looks from these pictures.

you're welcome, guys
glad you like some of the pics!

Thanks for the karma earlier btw. :smile:

Yeah I can't imagine that it's very comfortable to wear. There was an interview in Elle with Markus Lupfer and his decision to use raffia I thought it was such an odd choice of material.
In Africa there is a traditional cloth they make out of raffia
It is beaten soft.. feels like linen almost after (if you like linen)
which is still a tiny tiny bit coarse

in the pictures, they seem to be like the kind of raffia I see at craft stores
which are very much like paper
and they have this waxed finish on them.. so it's shiny but also feels waxy

Where did you read it was raffia ? Could you give the link ..:blush: That's interesting :heart:
I think what would make it uncomfortable is the fact it is like wide strips... but it probably has a lining
the African cloth is fairly fine... so it's not so abrasive on the skin

It was in the April issue of UK Elle , if I can't find it on the website (looking now ) then I'll scan it in for you. I can't find it :( sorry

The waxed raffia is the one I think of most when I hear about it.

I found this bag btw whilst looking for details on Peter Jensen loafers :D

00010mhl0.jpg
jensss080471xl4.jpg

source : catwalking.com

thanks A~R :blush:

the bottom looks like plastic :heart:
interesting materials you are posting

--

Here is Marni spring 08
there is a toque / hat version of this
It's not really fringe , but it seems to carry a similar idea
It's made of vinyl strips

00090m2dp1.jpg

style/elle

They probably have some in raffia , also paper too .. and a papery material they cut into sort of flower petals and joined together.. very neat things

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->