Galliano Menswear Astonishing

Originally posted by Pete@Jan 10th, 2004 - 8:11 pm
I see hype!
Yesssss!!!

By that description,Tott,sounds totally "EEK!" :lol: I might be gay and might love exuberance but campiness is seriously not my cuppa :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Scott+Jan 10th, 2004 - 7:58 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Jan 10th, 2004 - 7:58 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pete@Jan 10th, 2004 - 8:11 pm
I see hype!
Yesssss!!!

By that description,Tott,sounds totally "EEK!" :lol: I might be gay and might love exuberance but campiness is seriously not my cuppa :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
I like camp but only when its ironic, thsi dosnt sound ironic, its sounds like Cavali

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 10th, 2004 - 11:58 pm
Off topic:::
what else did you notice while in Corso Como?
i'm dying to know :blush:
I didn't really take a good look, will make a point of it today when I go back... :flower:

i hate galliano's lines so for me to pay any type of compliment is a stretch:

galliano's clothes do work well on camera. while i would never personally wear anything or allow anyone i know to wear anything from his collection (not talking about dior here)...i have seen it work well with the mtv crowd both in public appearances and in videos. lenny kravitz, for example, always looks phenomenal in galliano.

and just in case you didn't know this, it's easy to get a sold out collection. all it means is your produced an extremely small amount and pre-sold it to your stylist friends. it never hits the rack, but you can say it sold out immediately.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jan 11th, 2004 - 5:00 pm
i hate galliano's lines so for me to pay any type of compliment is a stretch:

.....and just in case you didn't know this, it's easy to get a sold out collection. all it means is your produced an extremely small amount and pre-sold it to your stylist friends. it never hits the rack, but you can say it sold out immediately.
:shock: i also 'hate' Galliano, but honestly i dont think he has to go into any trouble to a pre-sold-out premiere collection. I hope he has not produced too many items, still, he does not need to pre-sale to his stylist friends.. :P

liking his style or not , lets be realistic Galliano sells, thats clear.

OK, Lena... Went back today, but I don't really know what to say. You know the store, it's a great mix of designer clothes and stuff in general. Gorgeous!

I noticed they had Moncler down jackets, the classic ones... Some colourful Pucci bags, Prada everywhere, Galliano homme/femme, Lanvin. In particular this black, armless, kneelength, slim dress with tiny silvery/pewtery metal "tubes" about 2 cm long sewn on it, totally covering it. And a big zip on the back. Amazing! It's probably their signature piece from the season and I just don't know it... Anyway, they still have the f/w stuff on display so nothing really new to spot, yet.

Oh, re Galliano, I have to say that I am actually a fan of his line of womens wear. :heart:

And while were on the subject of homme/femme and designers, I find it schizophrenic how some labels are so totally out of sync with their mens/womens wear. I know this isn't something new, it's been like this for a very long time. Different designers handle different depts, and they work independantly.

Originally posted by tott@Jan 12th, 2004 - 12:15 am
. You know the store, it's a great mix of designer clothes and stuff in general. Gorgeous!

, Prada everywhere, Galliano homme/femme, Lanvin. In particular this black, armless, kneelength, slim dress with tiny silvery/pewtery metal "tubes" about 2 cm long sewn on it, totally covering it. And a big zip on the back. Amazing! It's probably their signature piece from the season and I just don't know it... Anyway, they still have the f/w stuff on display so nothing really new to spot, yet.

Oh, re Galliano, I have to say that I am actually a fan of his line of womens wear. :heart:

And while were on the subject of homme/femme and designers, I find it schizophrenic how some labels are so totally out of sync with their mens/womens wear. I know this isn't something new, it's been like this for a very long time. Different designers handle different depts, and they work independantly.
OT:
i so ADORE the metal Lanvin dress with the back zip, my fave of the season by far..
thanks for the input tott :heart:

from wwd of today :

John Galliano kicked off couture week with his Egyptian extravaganza for Christian Dior on Monday, and tonight, he’s presenting the main event for the start of men’s fashion week in Paris. Staging the first runway show for his new signature men’s collection, Galliano is sure to get the fur flying. “Full-on furs for boys? Why not?” the designer said during a preview, showing off a picture in his inspiration book of :blink: John Wayne on a movie set sporting a co-star’s fur chubby with his cowboy hat between takes. Besides fur coats, Galliano has also added fuzzy moon boots and hats to style into the mix. Having introduced bias cuts to tailored suits for his debut line, Galliano plans to extend the technique to shirts and even trenchcoats. But expect a mad mix of references, from Casanovas to hustlers. Don’t be surprised if a model leaps onto your lap. :shock:

pete where can u find dior homme in NYC? I was on 57th st last wknd and went into dior but didnt see any menswear. am i just blind? Im unfamiliar with their stuff but would like to not be....

thanx

dl

Dior Homme is opening a new store in NY in the next couple of weeks! SOooooo excited for the "strip" collection to come out.

Nvr seen any of Galliano men's wear but I heard that its nothing special and overpriced... I would take Hedi's Dior any day.

You can also find dior homme at Jefferys and Barneys

a friend of mine was at galliano's menswear show today in Paris, it was in a cirque, lots of furs and lots of cute semi naked quys.. he just called me after the show, he sounded bored but he said the 'spectacle' was really worth it. :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 4:49 pm
he sounded bored but he said the 'spectacle' was really worth it.
...and it always is! :D

i cant wait to see the new John Galliano line, keep me informed!

Originally posted by riz@Jan 24th, 2004 - 8:28 pm
i cant wait to see the new John Galliano line, keep me informed!
HI RIZ :flower:

Read this :-

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/st...1094714,00.html

and this :-

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/st...1096163,00.html

and even this :-

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/stor...1125510,00.html

Ive JUST got the book . I'll read it and will report back in ' The Favourites ' , when I've read it , as I've said there . B)

Regards KIT :wink:

Originally posted by Pete@Jan 10th, 2004 - 9:11 pm
I saw a sample of the line at Jeffrey in NYC. The tailored pieces looked alright. The T's were a little campy in typical Galliano fashion. I liked some of it, but way too overpriced! I'll stick w/ Hedi at Dior at that level of pricing. I see hype!
agreed, $700 for a SWEATSHIRT? WTF??? $300 for a t-shirt???

It's all over the place in NYC, Bergdorf, Saks, Jeffrey's and Bagutta...

Originally posted by faust@Jan 30th, 2004 - 9:36 am
$300 for a t-shirt???
That's nothing new to me.

Dior's t-shirts all cost around 300, and I've even seen some for $900+ (albeit the $900 one was elaborately detailed, but not THAT elaborate)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->