SONIA RYKIEL pulling menswear collection

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
man down

30 May 2008,

SONIA RYKIEL is pulling its menswear collection, Rykiel Homme, from the market.

"After 18 years of existence, menswear has not exceeded 5 per cent of total sales and is losing money," Nathalie Rykiel, the label's manager - and daughter of founder Sonia - said in a statement confirming the news yesterday.

While the brand is popular in France, it struggles in overseas markets, which account for around 60 per cent of its sales.

All eyes will now be on the spring/summer 2009 Rykiel Homme show in Paris next month; it will be the collection that marks the end of a fashion era.

Leisa Barnett

Rykiel02AW08MM_b.jpg

Rykiel Homme, autumn/winter 2008-9. Marcio Madeira/VOGUE.COM
vogue.co.uk

Aww..too bad. While I never really saw anything as a "must-have" item (except this one chunky knit scarf w/ attached pockets to keep your hands warm), I've generally thought her menswear collection was, well, simply put, just plain cute...

Eh, c'est la vie..

Pero porque!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!? Boo! does she have a store out here? If so I need to go when they close it. It's very true. I never see the men's label anywhere online.

yah...i always thought it was cute myself...
but it was never sold in very many places..

i guess the amount of colour and print made american buyers reluctant...
american men are not super daring with their fashion choices for the most part...

:(

How unfortunate that her men's wear only account for 5% of total sales. Her collection are highly desirable but the failure is most likely due to poor marketing.

The menswear was always very adorable...
Very dandy-esque... :heart:
@ the very least, is the womenswear thriving?
I always love the pieces and the styling... :crush:

Never found Rykiel Homme to be all that relevant or desirable, more often than not it was beyond my taste level (there's better alternatives to french masculine style IMO).

Here is the wonderful fall/winter collection which Jesper Lund opened. I will miss it for certain, because my boyfriend will look different from next season onwards. :(
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

[men.style.com]

thanks for the pics tortoisie...
i love the coloured leopard...especially the stripey sweater...

it's a very 'rykiel' collection.... which is a nice way to go out imo...

:flower:

Very sad news! Now we've lost Miu Miu homme, Rykiel homme and Dior Homme (since Hedi it's gone nothing it's the same).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->