Gap - The Campaign Archive

I heard it today on the radio.... she actually wears gap clothes... where I don't know... but she figures since she wears it why not be in their ad campaigns... hey more $$$ for her and her empire...

she always was a smart business women...

she is supossed to film it on ave B in NYC my friend lives on B and hasnt seen anything yet, but that was a rumour anyway. :wink: so you never know

it's just an attempt my madame m to remain in the spotlight since her latest album didn't really take. i don't think she should do the ads, but she didn't ask me. i miss pre-millenium madonna soooooo much!!! it's a shame that she has to grow older.

well,lush, you have britney -- hee hee[kidding] :sick:

anyway, maybe it has something to do with her new
perpesctive on "fashion" ?? i recall in her W interview she spoke about her loss of interest in fashion. she acknowledged all her designer friends and said gaultier was a "real artist" but she said something to the degree of fashion isnt important and people should focus on world issues .... :rolleyes: - doing gap adverts definatly shows loss of interest in fashion in my eyes. hello, kacki conformity!

It's true that in her "private life" she doesn't seam to care much about fashion (and never did). But I wonder if Lourdes will feel OK with wearing Gap instead of her usual Bonpoint, Baby Dior and the gang...

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Jul 16th, 2003 - 4:28 pm
hello, kacki conformity!
:lol: :lol:

I'll refrain from all other comments :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Fashion Wire Daily NY July 17@ 2003
Madonna Gap Ad Photog Revealed

By Jenny Bailly

The newest detail to emerge about Gap's Madonna campaign: photographer Regan Cameron shot the much-anticipated ads. The New Zealand-born, New York-based lensman shot Madonna and campaign costar Missy Elliott, both together and separately.

Gap has been tight-lipped about the fall campaign so far, but did confirm this week that it will break July 27 and includes print ads as well as commercials.

Tony Jay, Cameron's agent at New York-based Art Partner, describes the new Gap ads as "one-of-a-kind ... great energy, really good fun."

Though this is Cameron's first time teaming up with denim-and-khaki king Gap, the photographer has a history with the Material Girl. Madonna commissioned him to shoot her for the cover of InStyle in January 2001 and was so pleased with the photos that came out of the session that she used several of them in the promotion of her Drowned World tour that year.

No stranger to the world of the celebrity photo shoot, Cameron has also shot Nicole Kidman, Salma Hayek, Julianne Moore and Kate Winslet, among others. His work appears frequently on the covers of British Vogue, as well as in the pages of Allure, Arena and Harper's Bazaar.

Some of Cameron's most recent ad campaigns include Max Factor, Ralph for Ralph Lauren, and Polo Ralph Lauren Black Label. He has also worked with Ungaro, H&M, Escada, Liz Claiborne and Anne Klein. For fall 2003, in addition to the new Gap ads, Cameron shot Ann Taylor's campaign.

Photos below are a few shots from his portfolio.

excellent. thanxx astrid! i ve been wondering anout this

he is talented, love cristy w. the dots

:kiss:

i have that shoosh picture on my wall.....size A1 :wink:

Originally posted by Fashion Wire Daily NY July 18@ 2003
Madonna Needs 'Fearlessly Elegant' Khakis! This Duo Will Make 'Em

By Karin Nelson

It's a toss-up as to who's more excited for the Madonna Gap ads to bow: the company execs who scored a pop culture coup in securing the uber star -- along with Missy Elliott -- for their new "Customized" campaign, or Michael & Hushi, the East Village design duo who were enlisted to Madonna-fy the basic khakis and cords for the shoot.

"It's really exciting to be involved in something that will be so memorable," gushes Michael Sears, who, along with partner Hushi Mortezaie, have been crafting Vegas-style punk gear for the likes of Lil' Kim and Britney Spears for close to a decade now. "We dress fearlessly elegant women," says Sears.

Having already dressed The Material Girl -- most recently in some 1940s silk jersey tops and ruched pants for her European tour -- Michael & Hushi were an obvious choice for stylist Arianne Phillips, who needed to customize the basic Gap goods just right.

"She's Madonna - she can't just wear anything," says Sears. With that in mind, the two inlayed a thick row of safety pins down the legs, tuxedo-pant style, painted art deco clouds on the top and bottom and studded the garments with rhinestones.

"It's all done in an organized way - it's not haphazard. It's kind of like 'You can do this, too, to your basics.'"

But, being realistic, there is a chance that their customized creations, in all their studded glory, may end up on the cutting room floor. "Yeah, I know," sighs Sears. "But it's alright, this isn't everything."

The television ads, directed by music video guru Paul Hunter, and print ads, shot by fashion photographer Regan Cameron, break July 27.

Britney and Lil'Kim? Fearlessly elegant? :lol:

A list of video's Paul Hunter has directed.

Originally posted by mvdbase.com
Director Videography :

The party continues - Jermaine Dupri, featuring Da Brat & Usher

The sweetest thing - Lauryn Hill

Things your man won't do - Joe

Inner city blues - Angela Winbush

Nobody - Keith Sweat

One in a million (version 1) - Aaliyah

On & on - Erykah Badu

Got to give it up - Aaliyah

Can't nobody hold me down - Puff Daddy, featuring Mase

I shot the sheriff - Warren G.

Love is all we need - Mary J. Blige & Nas
Hypnotize - (co-director : Sean Combs) The Notorious B.I.G.

One in a million (version 2 : remix / movie) - Aaliyah

Smile - Scarface, featuring Makaveli & Johnny P.
Fix [remix] - Blackstreet, featuring Ol' Dirty Bastard & Slash & Fishbone

The sweetest thing - Refugee Camp All Stars, featuring Lauryn Hill

Honey (version 1) - Mariah Carey

It's all about the Benjamins (version 1) - Puff Daddy & The Family, featuring The Lox & Li'l Kim

4 seasons of loneliness - Boyz II Men

Phenomenon - LL Cool J

Been around the world - Puff Daddy & The Family, featuring The Notorious B.I.G. & Mase

I can't let her go - Boyz II Men

My way - Usher

The list goes on:

1998-jun Hit 'em wit da hee Missy Elliott, featuring Timbaland & Mocha
1998-aug Find a way A Tribe Called Quest
1998-aug The dope show Marilyn Manson
1998-aug Father of mine Everclear
1998 Top of the world Brandy, featuring Mase
1998 Everybody on the line outside Flipmode Squad
1998 Hot, hot, hot LL Cool J
1998 You were there Babyface
1998 Back 2 good Matchbox 20
1998 Beautiful
(co-director : Bill Yukich) Joy Drop
1998 Bananas / Paper Queen Latifah
1998 Cha cha cha Flipmode Squad
1998-nov Fly away Lenny Kravitz
1998-nov Malibu Hole
1998-dec I don't like the drugs (but the drugs like me) Marilyn Manson
1999 All night long Faith Evans, featuring Puff Daddy
1999-jan I'm not ready Keith Sweat
1999-may Wild Wild West Will Smith, featuring Dru Hill & Kool Moe Dee
1999-may If you had my love Jennifer Lopez
1999-jun American woman Lenny Kravitz
1999-jul Bailamos (version 2 : concept) Enrique Iglesias
1999-jul Unpretty TLC
1999-sep 1, 2, 3 Amyth
1999-sep I want it all Warren G, featuring Mack 10
1999-nov Best friend Puff Daddy, featuring Mario Winans & Hezekiah Walker & The Love Fellowship Crusade Choir
1999-nov Paper chasin D.E.X.
1999-dec Untitled (how does it feel?)
(co-director : Dominique Trenier) D'Angelo
1999-dec Feelin' so good Jennifer Lopez, featuring Fat Joe & Big Pun
2000-feb I want you to need me (version 1 : unreleased) Céline Dion
2000-feb Freakin' it Will Smith
2000-mar Stay or let it go Brian McKnight
2000-apr Get along with you Kelis
2000-may The next episode Dr. Dre, featuring Snoop Dogg
2000-may Girl from the gutter Kina
2000 Ven conmigo (solamente tú) Christina Aguilera
2000-jul The way I am Eminem
2000-aug Come on over baby (all I want is you) (version 1) Christina Aguilera
2000-sep Again Lenny Kravitz
2000-oct Back to school Deftones
2000-oct Stranger in my house Tamia
2000-oct 3 Libras A Perfect Circle
2000-nov Where are you Christmas? Faith Hill
2000-nov Love don't cost a thing Jennifer Lopez
2001-mar Guilty until proven innocent Jay-Z, featuring R. Kelly
2001-apr Lady Marmalade Christina Aguilera & Lil' Kim & Mya & Pink
2001-apr We need a resolution Aaliyah, featuring Timbaland
2001-may Like a feather Nikka Costa
2001-jul Lunch or dinner Sunshine Anderson
2001-sep Rock my world Michael Jackson

:sick: customized conformity :sick: dont worry you dont have to be creative - we;ll do it for you! :wink: :sick:

LOL astrid- im on the same page about sh*tney and lil kim :lol:

paul hunter directed the daft punk gap advert also

the "I want YOU" photo is actually pretty funny - I mean, it looks like a cool photo taken of two friends on holiday. Nothing special. Nothing very glamorous. No particulary interesting clothes :rolleyes:

And oh! I just saw! Nice cap, Madge :ninja: Brit-nay shall be thrilled.... :innocent:

thanks for sharing cedric :kiss:

my thoughts? :yuk:

stupid pics stupid clothes.stupid hat. stupid gap.

Don't like the jeans/belt madge sports in the second pic.

See...what did I told you...Why? She didn't need this. It's not even very nice looking. And is this all they could find to dress her with in all the Gap collection? :blink: Is Madonna blond again?
Missy's diet is working nicely tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->