Gap - The Campaign Archive

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Jul 21st, 2003 - 12:43 pm
thanks for sharing cedric :kiss:

my thoughts? :yuk:

stupid pics stupid clothes.stupid hat. stupid gap.
Agreed. :wink:

I really can understand why recording/artists get on board with celebrity endorsements. It's probably something that their label can't grab a chunk of.

you can hear a snippet of the commercial here

sounds cool except for the parts where they mention the gap :lol:

I kept expecting her to say "get into the Gap" instead of "get into the groove."

Saw the ad on VH1 today. The best part are these little spacemen that are in the background when Madonna get out of her chair and starts walking. :lol:

I saw the commercial last night.. not bad! Kind of reminds me of how Madonna used to be.. and since when does THE GAP sell that kind of jewelry?

Originally posted by *AndoraStar*@Jul 30th, 2003 - 3:06 pm
I saw the commercial last night.. not bad! Kind of reminds me of how Madonna used to be.. and since when does THE GAP sell that kind of jewelry?
I don't think they do. I think maybe the message of the commercial was "hey, we know our stuff's kinda plain, but if you have a Hollywood stylist, an airbrush painting kit, a bedazzler, and loads of money to spend on paperboy caps and bling jewelry, you too can make Gap clothes look cool."

from the NYT of today, i find this interesting to share :

For some the Gap ad is risky business. "It screams, I'm not old, I'm not old," said David Wolfe, creative director at the Doneger Group, which tracks fashion trends. "I don't think Madonna has the mass appeal she had when she was truly the age that she is trying to look," Mr. Wolfe maintained.

Few believe that the style world's pet chameleon can spearhead a trend the way she did three years ago, when her album "Music," with its image of Madonna in a cowboy hat and Western shirt, prompted legions of acolytes to trot out their spurs. "Anything she touched or did made waves," said Sam Shahid, the art director behind campaigns for Abercrombie & Fitch and Calvin Klein. "I don't think that holds right now. The same audience of young people that didn't buy her record are not going to buy the clothes."

Hmm...Its all about how you carry it and with what you mix it..I buy from the Gap, of course, not everything, I buy neautral black shirts, tees, and basic jeans and pants, and combine them with some designer sh*t... you dont have to wear Dior all over to look great, in style, chic... its all about how you carry it. :flower:

i saw the commercial on MTV & think it's jut OK. i like Madonna, but seems she's trying a little too hard nowdays. she could do something more interesting & creative with her time (and money :P )

I also love the part where missy raps. At this point i don't know whether or not she says "...dick hips..." or "...thick hips..." ...maybe neither :innocent:

missy elliot on working with madonna- adressing rumours they didnt get along...

Madonna came to me and asked what was wrong, and I told her in a roundabout way,' she told us. 'She called her spiritual adviser over the day of the shoot; he gave me, like, the red string, and he prayed for me. The rest of the shoot was fine....I would never disrespect her.'

:angel:

did you all notice Aaliyah on missy's shirt? i :heart: how missy always slips in a tribute to her.

She is shameless.Madonna would not have been Madonna without the fashion machine.She should pay homage to the people who have been responsible for her many image changes Instead of the slave labor camp at the gap.We all have seen her daily clothes and not once have I seen her wearing the gap.(HYPOCRITE)She is a total sell out and is trying to grasp out of desperation for any little morsel of attention any one will pay her in all of her usual tacky self promotional BS.Its more pathetic than anything else because people (for the most part) could really give a sh*t about her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luxnova
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"