Garage #5 F/W 13.14 : Adriana Lima by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

vivaglam

Reaction score
Garage Magazine's Next Issue Features Two Covers

iRimdWK.jpg

TWO-ART GARAGE: Garage magazine readers will be seeing double when Issue No. 5 drops on Sept. 5, thanks to a collaboration between Dutch photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin and American conceptual artist John Baldessari. The husband-and-wife team shot Adriana Lima in a painterly pink field for one cover. The image is drawn from the 19-page “Once Upon a Time in the East” spread within that casts the Brazilian model as an urban cowgirl sporting Inez + Vinoodh’s jewelry and very little denim and leather.Baldessari reimagined the other cover of Lima, by adding colorful pops and disguising her chiseled face. In an exercise in cross-branding, editor in chief Dasha Zhukova interviewed Baldessari, who has a solo exhibition bowing Sept. 21 at the Garage Center for Contemporary Culture in Moscow. Perhaps as a nod to the power of art, or a case for irony, Issue No. 5 has no words printed on either cover beyond the magazine’s title even though it is the Words issue.

wwd

Styled by Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh god not her.... as always i'm looking forward to the content. but as for the covers go i will hope that i can find her pop art one not the real adriana.

She looks so sucked in to the point that she can barely hold her breath anymore, not flattering.

Now this I like!

As anyone with an eye on the modeling industry can tell you, the upcoming September shows will be ruled by the new generation of catwalkers. GARAGE pays tribute to this exciting group of established runway girls and fresh faces with a cheeky editorial by George Harvey Themed around the fictional, St. Garage school – an all-girls establishment specializing in cultivating intelligence, poise and of a chic sense of style – the story depicts each girl in a custom Meadham Kirchhoff uniform as they pose for the year book. Dressed as the prerequisite high school cliques – mean girls, jocks, nerds, etc. – the promising cast of up & comers makes for an excellent student body.
Starring: Jemma Baines, Kate Bogucharskaia, Kayley Chabott, Nadja Giramata, Grace Hartzel, Esther Heesch, Georgia Hilmer, Gigi Jeon, Magda Laguinge, Magdalena Langrova, Maria Loks, Gwen Loos, Anna Martynova, Natasha Ramachandran, Holly Rose Emery, Maja Salamon, Zuzanna Slugaj, Sofya Titova & Clarice Vitkauskas
Styling: Matthew Josephs | Hair: Roxane Attard | Make-up: Daniel Sallstrom | Casting: Matthew Laskey at Star & Co

models

Courtney Love has reworked lyrics from the classic Mary Poppins tune, “A Spoonful of Sugar” and created her own Goth-inspired version for Dasha Zhukova’s button-pressing Garage magazine. An interpretation of the song will be released in conjunction with the magazine’s online launch next week and the issue will feature a photo spread of the Hole singer by Paola Kudacki. Also in the issue: A 19-page spread of Adriana Lima shot by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

nypost

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->