Garrett Neff

No chemistry? Well, then it's not so nice of a pairing, now is it?

True was just shouting out the casting, 2 great guys of men's fashion. Probably the choice of wording was lazy on my part.

"Lazy Lovers" for Harper's Bazaar Germany June/July 2015

Photographer: Nagi Sakai
Stylist: Kai Margrander
Hair: Roberto Di Cuia at L'Atelier NYC
Make-up: Jo Baker at Forward Artists
Casting: Stephan Dimu

Models: Marique Schimmel + Garrett Neff

Source: glossynewsstand.com

Official CFDA Fashion Awards After Party Co-Hosted by Refinery29

Zimbio + Garrett's instagram

Did anyone else see the pic he posted on his Instagram, that I think has been taken down by Instagram? :lol: :lol:

I missed that, but I think I've just saw it on tumblr :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Katama S/S 2016 New York

By Jean E. Palmieri
Garrett Neff, who rose to fame as a Calvin Klein underwear model, has ridden that buzz to the next level by launching his own swimwear line, Kayama, during NYFW: Men’s.

Citing his fashion industry travels as inspiration, along with his family’s history as Navy Seals and tennis aficionados, Neff offered up a line targeted to “the real guy Northeast sportsman.”

The subdued color palette and the variety of lengths of the swim collection ‹ from short to shorter ‹ should appeal to the resort-oriented global traveler.

wwd.com

KATAMA by Garrett Neff

models.com

Photography by Arnaldo Anaya Lucca (De Facto)
Styling by Matthew Marden (De Facto)
Text by Jonathan Shia
Grooming by Adam Markarian (De Facto)
Model: Garrett Neff – IMG
Set design by Matthew Betmaleck (De Facto)
Photographer’s assistants: Norman Nelson and Sloan Laurits
Digital capture by George Brooks at Versatile Studios
Special thanks to Ready Set, Inc., and ACME Studio

All clothing by KATAMA (unless otherwise stated).

When Garrett Neff was growing up, there were two people he particularly looked up to in his family, his grandfather and his uncle John, the former a World War II veteran and the latter a Navy SEAL who served in Vietnam. A Delaware native, Neff spent many childhood summers with the two, learning to fish and dig for clams just off a family property in Katama, a residential area on Martha’s Vineyard. Now a highly successful model with roughly a decade of experience in the industry, Neff brought together his past and present yesterday when he presented his first swimwear collection, inspired by his grandfather, his uncle, and those youthful summers, in a packed presentation at the rooftop pool at the James Hotel in Soho, helping to close out the opening day of New York’s first men’s fashion week.
Long a favorite face of all-American brands like Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren, Neff says his own style hews lightly to a preppy, New England aesthetic, with a vintage twist, a predilection which can be seen in his designs for KATAMA, from trunks inspired by running and tennis shorts to a pair with details pulled from his uncle’s old military gear. “KATAMA has more of a Northeastern American vibe, whereas a lot of the other brands that I’m seeing are sort of Mediterranean or tropical,” Neff explains. “It’s for the sort of guy who likes to mix old and new. A lot of it almost feels like a throwback.”

Neff says he first considered launching a swimwear line when he noticed a gap in the market after years of modeling trunks himself. “I feel like there’s some swim brands that are marketing themselves as chic and then some that are sporty, but nothing really told the full story for me and captured the vibe that I felt I wanted to see in the market,” he says. “It gave me a lot of confidence because even the best-selling swimwear brands, they haven’t made everything.”

Neff’s unique approach to design is also an intensely personal one. In discussing his inspirations, he returns again and again to his grandfather and his “outdoorsy” uncle, to his many years as a tennis player, to a canoe he often saw in old family photos—the source for the bright yellow that appears in his first collection. Camouflage is rethought in blue, and even other abstract-looking prints are actually digitally printed photos of red barn sidings and cedar shakes, references to New England’s built environment that, for Neff, feels like a second home. “It’s more about the sorts of buildings you would see in the Northeast, those types of places I felt like I wanted to capture because when you see these types of exteriors, there’s already this feeling,” he says. “Somebody like me can identify with that. Somebody else may not be able to, but I wanted to include them for the first season because these are important things to me.”

Congratulations to Garrett for launching his own line. I love it all.

Details September 2015
Photographer: Mark Seliger.

Facebook/DETAILS

Hugo Boss Underwear F/W 15 Campaign

n0eRf0j.jpg

sight management

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036