Gaspard Ulliel to play Yves Saint Laurent in a new biopic

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
gaspard-ulliel.jpg
OUT OF THE BLUE: French actor and model Gaspard Ulliel, the face of Chanel’s male fragrance Blue, will play the role of Yves Saint Laurent in a new biopic to be directed by Bertrand Bonello, according to Eric Altmayer, the producer of the film. Shooting on “Saint Laurent” is due to start next spring, he added. The film is cowritten by Bonello — whose last feature, “House of Tolerance,” premiered at the Cannes Film Festival last year — and Thomas Bidegain, known for his work with director Jacques Audiard on “Rust and Bone” and “A Prophet.”

Ulliel is best remembered for his role as a young Hannibal Lecter in “Hannibal Rising,” and was recently seen in the historical drama “The Princess of Montpensier.” He has also appeared in a campaign for Longchamp alongside Kate Moss.
wwd.com

tumblr_md0nmpSx6Q1rv5indo1_250.jpg
tumblr_md0nmpSx6Q1rv5indo2_250.jpg

FRENCH actor Gaspard Ulliel has been cast as Yves Saint Laurent in an upcoming biopic of the iconic designer. Currently the face of Chanel’s fragrance Bleu de Chanel, the 27-year old actor and model is best known for playing a young Hannibal Lecter in 2007’s Hannibal Rising, as well as posing alongside Kate Moss for Longchamp’s autumn/winter 2008-2009 campaign.

“A huge audition was organised after Cannes and Gaspard Ulliel won the part,” said Nicolas Brigaud-Robert of Paris-based Films Distribution, according to screendaily.com.

Directed by Bertrand Bonello, the French-language film will focus on Saint Laurent’s success in the Sixties and Seventies. Filming on the €15m (£12m) project is due to start in spring 2013. Another biopic of the designer, directed by Jalil Lespert, is also currently in the works having been given the seal of approval by Pierre Bergé, Saint Laurent’s long-term partner - Vogue UK
Let's see I hope not to get dissapointed. And it has to compete wit the another bio pic.

I think he seems like a great choice...
LOVED him in A Very Long Engagement with Audrey Tatou...

Oh, Gaspard. He used to be so handsome and charming until he realised he looked handsome and charming. I feel like the role would've worked at the time he started, when he looked shy in that Yves Saint Laurent way.

Looking forward to this film anyway, Yves led such an interesting life. He truly lucked out in the time/generation department. :heart:

Great choice. Gaspard is a good actor. And contrary to popular opinion i think he looks way more interesting now.

He is a great choice, I have always been a fan. I agree with MP I wish he was still shy but I will always think he looks good!

Gaspard Ulliel as Yves Saint Laurent

French actor Gaspard Ulliel will play Yves Saint Laurent

in a forthcoming biopic of the late designer’s early career.

The film, which is as yet untitled and without a release date,

will focus on the launch of Saint Laurent’s eponymous design

house and its Sixties and Seventies heyday as the most famous

and innovative fashion label in the world.

Pierre Bergé, the late designer’s partner of 50 years, has

reportedly not given the Bertrand Bonello - directed film

his approval.
annadellorusso.com
I'm really looking forward. Gaspard is wonderfull actor !:woot::woot:

Jérémie Renier is playing Pierre Bergé ?!? OMG yes :woot: :woot:. The poster is a bit creepish and the wig a bit weird but I find it very intruiging. Really looking forward to see the film.

The preview image is horrible. He looks comical rather than beautiful.

There's no feeling in this guy.

He looks like Saint Laurent in his last years ....

I think regardless of how comical the poster looks, the resemblance is spot on, especially in terms of that awkward smile Yves used to have plastered on his face.

When I first saw the image preview on tumblr I thought it was a joke. I won't completely dismiss this yet over a bad poster.

I think regardless of how comical the poster looks, the resemblance is spot on, especially in terms of that awkward smile Yves used to have plastered on his face.

I don't agree. The thing about YSL was that he was a self-involved narcissist - and that, the image shows - but he also had feeling - a deep heart-felt feeling that this "Parisian Psycho" image is very far from grasping at all. I don't think anyone involved in making this image understands this....

^I think if you saw documentaries of Yves in his later years and his awkwardness before his shows you may see my point.

I somehow don't see this as an official poster, just a mere teaser.

I think if references were to be bought up, Audrey Tautou looked nothing like Coco Chanel in Coco Before Chanel... as a comparison, you are never going to get the feeling exactly right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiyahG
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->