Gavin Is A Daddy

CelineChic

Reaction score
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page....ll&siteid=50143

GWEN'S LOVECHILD PAIN

Oct 16 2004

EXCLUSIVE: Stefani told husband has daughter, 15

By Fiona Cummins, Showbiz Reporter

POP beauty Gwen Stefani's rock star husband Gavin Rossdale has a secret lovechild, it was revealed yesterday.

DNA tests have proved the Bush singer is the father of 15-year-old catwalk model Daisy Lowe.

Stefani, who fronts US rock band No Doubt, is said by her friends to be "devastated".

COUPLE: Gwen with hubby Gavin

The revelation has also sent shock waves through London's trendy in-crowd.

Daisy's mum is the singer and designer Pearl Lowe, a key fixture on the capital's celebrity scene.

She lives with Supergrass drummer Danny Goffey and her daughter, who has just signed to the Select model agency.

Pearl is also close friends with Kate Moss, Sadie Frost and Hollywood stars Liv Tyler and Samantha Morton.

An insider said: "Pearl has always wondered if Gavin is Daisy's father.

"Both she and Daisy felt they deserved to know the truth so they decided to find out. It was never about getting Gavin's money or anything like that. It was about finding Daisy's real dad.

"Pearl's friends like Kate and Sadie are surprised she wanted to find out after all this time, but they are being very supportive of her.

"It has really set tongues wagging, though. No one can believe Daisy really is Gavin's daughter. He's one of the biggest stars in the US."

After an exchange of legal letters, Rossdale agreed that he would take a DNA test last month.

The results arrived on Pearl's doormat in Camden, North London, last week.

The insider said: "Even though she had requested the test herself, Pearl was really shocked.

"She has always had slight suspicions but it only really occurred to her in the last six months that Gavin could actually be Daisy's dad. They only had a very brief fling way back when.

"Gavin was reluctant to do the test as he didn't think he was Daisy's dad. They were good friends but it has all become slightly awkward now."

IRONICALLY, Rossdale, who has a £15million fortune, is also Daisy's godfather and they chat regularly on the phone. She has been told he is her dad but they haven't spoken since the results of the paternity test.

Daisy is studying for her GCSEs but finds time to fit in her burgeoning modelling career, prowling the catwalk at London Fashion Week and appearing in this month's Vogue magazine.

Pearl, 33, first met Gavin, 38, when they were teenagers.

"I used to hang out in clubs all the time," she confided in an interview earlier this year.

"I met Sadie Frost and Gavin, who were both struggling to make something of themselves, just like me.

"We used to go around together all the time. We had such a laugh."

Pearl, who has two other sons Alfie, seven, and Frankie, five, with Goffey, had publicly claimed a man she met in Egypt was Daisy's father.

She said: "I was 17 and I got a job as a waitress. Then I met a guy called Bronner. I fell madly in love and got pregnant. When we came home, Bronner told my mum he'd look after me."

But they split soon after baby Daisy born. The insider added: "Pearl has been with Danny for the last 10 years and he has been like a dad to Daisy.

"Danny is really supportive of them both and just wants them to be happy.

"Daisy is pretty down-to-earth and is really cool about it all. But it sounds like Gwen is really upset about it and it's causing rows between her and Gavin."

Gavin and Californian Gwen, 35, had been together for six years before they married in 2002. She had no idea he had a daughter.

At the time the platinum blonde pin-up admitted: "I do think about babies and kids all the time and we really want them."

But the couple are yet to have children.

Pearl and Danny are key members of the Sadie Frost/Kate Moss set.

They know everyone from Vivienne Westwood to Gwyneth Paltrow - but prefer to stay out of the limelight.

THEY hosted the infamous children's party at London's Soho House two years ago where Jude Law and Frost's daughter Iris swallowed part of an ecstasy pill.

Pearl is also feted for her curtain designs and used to front rock band Powder. She recently released her debut solo single I Wanna Love You.

Rossdale's band Bush has sold more than 30million albums in the US, outstripping Oasis and Robbie Williams.

He was born in Kilburn, North London, and is a former pupil of the exclusive Westminster public school.

After years trying to get a record deal, he finally got lucky when radio stations in the States championed Bush's single Everything Zen from the album Sixteen Stone.

When Bush made their New York debut in 1995, there were huge queues to see them perform live.

Daisy's story echoes that of their close friend actress Liv Tyler, 27, who grew up believing that the musician Todd Rundgren was her real father.

She later bumped into Aerosmith frontman Steve Tyler backstage at a concert and commented on their physical similarity. Her mum Bebe Buell, who had enjoyed a fling with the rocker, confessed all.

Pearl said last night: "It is true but I don't really want to talk about this as it's a private matter."

Rossdale has also confirmed he is Daisy's dad. Yesterday he said: "Yes, it's true but out of respect to all parties concerned, I've no further comment."

How surprising. I always think of him as younger than he actually is. I wonder what will come of the revelation.

Originally posted by brie@Oct 19 2004, 10:47 AM
How surprising. I always think of him as younger than he actually is. I wonder what will come of the revelation.
[snapback]401703[/snapback]​

I agree. I would have never guessed that he was 38.

I thought he was in his 20s :blush:

wow, does anyone have any pictures of daisy?? i wonder what the similarities are...

sure its devastating to gwen but i mean, HE didnt even know, so like she shouldnt be THAT devastated. although its a big deal. i feel bad for her.

although it doesnt change much, it taints gwens perception of her/his family...and having their own...

hm, a big rockstar having a lovechild? not anything new.

On another note: He is such a total hot mofo. I've loved him since I was in Jr. High listening to Bush, so to hear how OLD he is, doesn't surprise me... He was a mature man then.

Originally posted by star@Oct 19 2004, 11:27 AM
it taints gwens perception of her/his family...and having their own...
[snapback]401738[/snapback]​

I agree. Call me selfish, but if I were Gwen, I'd be upset. :(

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Oct 19 2004, 01:26 PM
hm, a big rockstar having a lovechild? not anything new.

On another note: He is such a total hot mofo.
[snapback]401850[/snapback]​

lol...you're awesome :smile:

gwen 35, that unbelievable, i wonder what her secret is

oh british newspaper saying that Gavin is one of the hottest celebs in the US right now? uh...yeah, right. Gwen, yes. Either way, poor Gwen. Must be difficult

Originally posted by Meg@Oct 19 2004, 02:38 PM
oh british newspaper saying that Gavin is one of the hottest celebs in the US right now? uh...yeah, right. Gwen, yes.
[snapback]401917[/snapback]​

i was thinnking the same thing... :lol:

he has no actual career to speak of anymore...he tried acting...but no one took him seriously...now he's just arm candy for gwen... :innocent:

must be a shock for everyone concerned...but i'm sure things will settle down... :flower:

ps...35 and 38 is NOT THAT OLD>>> :P :wink:

Why is Gwen upset, i wonder?
They vowed never to have kids? And he got one?
What's the big deal?
She hasn't given birth to anyone, she should be happy for Gavin...
Daisy's mother seems to be a total ho, I mean not knowing who the father of your baby is? :blush:
But I agree, Daisy deserves to know, and Gwen should just chill and start loving her hubby's kid...
Nothing devastating here... If she uses that as grounds for divorce, it means she wanted out way before this revelation...

i can understand that gwen is upset.....
word is they've been trying for a baby recently (with no success, obviously) and then this news comes, i can see where she'd be really upset.....

thx for the pics agirlcalledk1ll ...i've never heard of pearl or daisy until now...
both very pretty actually... :flower:

Originally posted by Chachka@Oct 19 2004, 03:36 PM
Why is Gwen upset, i wonder?
They vowed never to have kids? And he got one?
What's the big deal?
She hasn't given birth to anyone, she should be happy for Gavin...
Daisy's mother seems to be a total ho, I mean not knowing who the father of your baby is? :blush:
But I agree, Daisy deserves to know, and Gwen should just chill and start loving her hubby's kid...
Nothing devastating here... If she uses that as grounds for divorce, it means she wanted out way before this revelation...
[snapback]402005[/snapback]​

I don't think it's as simple as you think. If I married a man and then found out he had a kid, I'd be upset, especially if I were trying to have a kid of my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->