Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale file for Divorce

Not Plain Jane

Reaction score
After almost 13 years of marriage, Gwen Stefani has filed for divorce from Gavin Rossdale. The No Doubt musician cited irreconcilable differences for their split, according to TMZ.

Stefani filed her petition for divorce on Monday 2 August, Los Angeles Superior Court spokeswoman Mary Hearn said.

The former couple, who married in 2002, have three sons together, and are seeking joint custody of their children Zuma, Kingston and Apollo.

“While the two of us have come to the mutual decision that we will no longer be partners in marriage, we remain partners in parenthood and are committed to jointly raising our three sons in a happy and healthy environment,” they said in a statement.

“To that end, we respectfully request privacy from the media during this time.”

Speaking to Cosmopolitan in March this year, Stefani described the pressures of being a couple in the public eye.

“We go through so much together – it’s a miracle that we could stay together this long,” Stefani told the magazine. “[Gavin’s] on a short tour right now, and he wrote me the sweetest note this morning. It’s good to have those days when we both do our own things. I think that’s what keeps relationships going, when both people can be themselves and have their own individuality. That’s especially important for women. It’s hard to find time for yourself.”

The two musicians met in 1995, when No Doubt opened for Bush during their headline tour in support of album Sixteen Stone.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/aug/04/gwen-stefani-gavin-rossdale-file-for-divorce

Have to say - I am surprised by this one! They always looked like such a happy family. I guess you never know ...

Although his career does seem to have stalled / stopped since they married, whereas she's been uber productive!

^^^ Better known as singer Marilyn.

sad to hear about this. i really thought they were a solid couple.

Let’s talk about this famous couple’s upcoming divorce.

Claiming that the marriage fell apart because he cheated with some girl is a clever way to piggyback onto another divorcing couple’s excuse. To solicit public sympathy over another trusted young female temptress destroying the sanctity of marriage is preferable to admitting the truth.

The truth is that she was in in a marriage with a bisexual man whose side pieces were usually male.

It will be very interesting to see if the wife casually mentions any of the husband’s male “friends” in the next few months. We are particularly curious to see if she drops the name of one certain male musician.

blindgossip

hmm, who's the male musician i wonder.

i had no idea this was even a rumour about gavin, that he was bi etc...

was this common knowledge?

i felt more like shopping247 - they seemed like such a solid family, so i felt sad for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ I don't think Gavin ever denied, or hid his past relationships with men. I don't think he ever flaunt it either-- it was just what it was. I've known of his relationship with Marilyn for years now. Some people are genuinely bisexual: They're not in denial of their homosexuality, nor are they some deviant, sex-crazed creature who wants it all.

I sort of despise the manner in which these gossip columns make it sound so devious and sensational: That it's because of his "bisexuality" that destroyed his relationship with his wife. I mean, these people wouldn't be going on about it had it been "the other woman"...

I'm sure Gwen knows about her husband's past relationships and is just open-minded to accept it. I know I sound like I'm on the defensive here, but it bothers me that someone's bisexuality-- particularly a man's, is still looked upon as a trait that makes him untrustworthy and unstable in a relationship. Would it make some women feel better had it been "another woman" that came between them?

I love David Walliam's "Marilyn". So creepily hilarious:

Some people are genuinely bisexual...I sort of despise the manner in which these gossip columns make it sound so devious and sensational

oh i agree.

i just didnt know that about gavin, and according to the daily mail (obviously not the most reliable source) gavin said he was 17 when he was with marilyn and hence just figuring out who he is ... in other words, he implies it was "just a phase"

^^^ It could very well have just been a phase he was going through... Some straight guys I know are still going through their "phase" way past their teen years though... LOL

I think Gwen is really cool for not letting it get to her. It's odd to me, but I know many women who have absolutely no problems with gay men at all-- but would never even consider going out with a bisexual guy, or even if there are rumors of his bisexuality/ past experience with other guys. But let me tell you: Most straight guys I know are so turned on by bisexual women...

I think I like Gwen because at the heart of her, she hasn't lost her wide-eye, geeky suburban girl side who saves her paste-on rhinestones to use another day, despite being this rich and famous, worldly beautiful woman now. I can totally relate to that-- minus the rich and famous beautiful woman part LOL

back then I thought he was absolutely gorgeous. I still find him attractive, just aged now. part of me even said "too bad he's straight" HA

I dont know why the gossip columns had to bring up the bisexuality thing. There clearly has been deeper underlying issues at play here, especially if you listen to her talking about the conceptualisation of 'Early Winter'. In fact after that, I was convinced it'd be over.

^ can you provide some quotes or a link benn98? i didnt hear this. thanks!

I dont think his sexuality was news to her, in any case if he cheated it wouldnt matter if it was a man or a woman, would it?
I think it was well known they were going to couple's therapy (at least they were at some point), specially around the time they found out he's the father of Daisy something (I dont remember her name).
Their marriage has its ups and downs but they always seem to be going strong, that they work hard on their marriage... this is such a surprise.

^ can you provide some quotes or a link benn98? i didnt hear this. thanks!

take a look at boy george's autobiography. he describes gavin's relationship with Marilyn, a well known trans performer in London.

a lot of these blind items just reference previous proven pieces of info that people have forgotten about or were too young to care about when it was first in the news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->