Giambattista Valli Haute Couture F/W 2022.23 Paris

Ralph & Russo is this you? His worst ever! Even closing by this Brandolini girl was a nightmare

Last edited:
This is even impossible to comment. Brandolini? Sunglasses? Really?

We should seriously consider an exorcism for him at this point, the devil must have taken a hold of him and that’s the only explanation for something as tacky as that balloon gate!

I bet even he knows that this was lacking something. Reminds me of Siriano, in need of lots of editing. The sad part is if you look hard enough there's actually a couple of beautiful looks.

Last edited:
Happy anniversary to him. I mean 10 years of Couture is an achievement. At least he has maintained the operation and it’s a proof that he has found his market, his niche in Couture (looking at you lost Givenchy).

But tbh, his trajectory in HC has been nothing but a disappointment. So much promises from him. His Ungaro was fairly good and what he did in RTW, prior to launching Couture, made people see him as the heir of Mr Valentino.

Unfortunately, he hasn’t topped his debut Couture collection and nothing he has shown in this decade has topped his 3 firsts Couture collections.

It’s also a pity that overtime his brand was more about childrenswear on Adults than clothes for grown, confident women. That’s why Brandolini in pink Cotton-Candy gives me diabete. She clearly doesn’t fit in that universe anymore…

Between the ugly styling and the tasteless additions of fabrics on fairly decent clothes, the white shirt part in the end is probably the best thing of this collection.

I was expecting to see a pink giant poodle carried by some model...but even the poor dog would look out of place in this kitsch parallel dimension.

He peaked in 2012 and went to sh*t after 2016. I blame Kering. They turn almost every house they touch into trash.

Oh God, it's literally on the level of Siriano. I don't know why he went for this awkward direction as it's not even cute or pretty, it's just an overkill trying so hard to be sweet. He got completely lost around 2015-2016 and every new collection is even more disappointing than the previous one. I don't know, his aesthetic used to be actually interesting and more eccentric in a good way. Now it's just a complete wardrobe for Barbie the Princess.

It's not BAD, but the comparisons to Christian Siriano are not unfounded.

I was definitely expecting a lot better.

Someone needs to tell him that the last thing we want to see from him is his tulle dresses in neon. That part is the worst thing that I saw from him.

That balloon gate screams kindergarten birthday party rather than a couture show.

Some of the looks reminded me of Valentino but on crack. Those mermaid dresses are straight out of Soriano atelier. The rest is your usual tulle overdose from him.

What I want to see from him is tailoring, that could be something new for him. It's time to move beyond the tulle fever dream.

Very corny and “Housewives of…”. I didn’t even know who Brandolini was until reading this thread and thought it was a pun on one of the many housewives named Brandi.

I suppose congrats are in order for being able to last this long. But I do partly blame him for the rise of obnoxious tulle looks by designers.

all the white looks are so heavily inspired by Chanel HC that I cant even.
everything else is a mess.

So many looks and there's barely even a single redeeming one in this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->