Giambattista Valli Haute Couture S/S 2014 Paris

most of the looks are LITERALLY the exact same looks that raf did for Dior couture two seasons ago.

Wow, this is bad. The color palette looks like he just closed his eyes and started pointing to colors at random.

This is a slightly modified version of Dior HC S/S 2013 with some other repetitive concepts, not impressed at all

Some of the embellishments are very beautiful from the detail shots, but...I can't think of a silhouette more unflattering than an a drop waist with excessive fabric. Also, the Dior similarities are glaring.

I think it's breathtaking collection, the reminiscence seems to be understandable. But look that those details it's marvelous.

It's not bad but it's not his best either. I definitely see the Raf@Dior influences, but I think this looks a lot better than any of the recent Dior HC collections.

When it comes to Couture collections Giambattista Valli has been my absolute favorite for the last few years, so I was really surprised when I saw this one:blink: There are some nice looks, but as a whole it's really disappointing. Actually the same can be said about the whole HC season so far:(

its my favourite so far, i love everything he does

yes it's similar to dior, but i love this aesthetic!!

this is a mess, everything is so ugly. i've never been much of a fan, but god... i see why people are saying this looks like raf's dior, but am i the only one seeing some of galliano's lowest point at dior couture with all this messy, over-embellished taffeta nightmares? i'm thinking about something like spring 2009 couture, only much worse.

Utterly disappointed. The dresses just seem like the stuff he sends down the RTW runways with extra embellishments. The details are gorgeous, I will give him that.

I don't get it. Why the need to be like Raf's Dior.
Valli has his own "look". This is very disappointing.
Also WTF some of those skirts look like nappies/diapers.

The detail is amazing, the combo of th colour/material/pattern is creative and fresh. This is at the same time commercial, the collection will sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swissmiss2000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->