Gigi Hadid

I don't get her hype at all. Her body in those pap pictures is nothing spectacular at all. Guess Instagram and filters does wonders for her.

GUESS 2014 Fall Denim Campaign

Guess 2014 F/W Campaign
Ph: Ellen von Unwerth

bellazon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get her hype at all. Her body in those pap pictures is nothing spectacular at all. Guess Instagram and filters does wonders for her.

To me girls like her, Kendall Jenner, et al are a bridge between real models and celebrities. They look more like models than the celebrities who got all the magazine covers and campaigns during the past decade (Sarah Jessica Parker, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Aniston etc.). They may not have all the attributes of a model but they also have more of a built-in recognition factor than models who aren't named Kate or Gisele or Linda. What you get is a girl that middle America knows from TV reality shows who still looks kind of model-y. So designers and editors don't have to take the risk of using a new girl that no one but fashion insiders know.
They're almost a way for those in fashion to wean themselves off Hollywood actresses without having to plunge head first back into using models again.

^ Yeah, girls from different ethnic groups are way easier to cast when they have pretty Caucasian features. -_- Not that she isn't Palestinian or anything, but her looks don't exactly scream diversity, you know?

Exactly. No doubt she has an Arabic name and ancestry, but you can't deny that--at least at first glance--she just looks Caucasian. So regardless of what her actual ethnicity is, there are no real boundaries being broken with her success. Her success is only reinforcing the well-established ideal of blonde hair, light eyes, light skin, typically Caucasian features, etc...

I find her to be a very pretty gorl with a generic beauty. She looks like a baby faced Candice S. I think she is good for commercial work but I can't picture her doing Blue chip brands in Milan & Paris, defenitely not.
This being said her little sister Bella could do HF work but she doesn't seem interested into fashion too bad

^ Yeah, girls from different ethnic groups are way easier to cast when they have pretty Caucasian features. -_- Not that she isn't Palestinian or anything, but her looks don't exactly scream diversity, you know?

I think we sometimes generalize what a particular race should look like, when i see her i see caucasian features but at the same time theres something different from your typical caucasian blonde yet at the same time some of the more successful caucasian models could easily pass for Arab or Hispanic models

TOM FORD MAKEUP CAMPAIGN

Flawless Complexion makeup collection.

fashiongonerogue.com

Lily Aldridge, Gigi Hadid, Chanel Iman and a host of other top models showed off their baseball abilities - or lack thereof - as they joined the Brooklyn Cyclones at their Coney island field.

dailymail.co.uk

2014 Brooklyn Beach Party at MCU Park on Friday (August 22) in the Brooklyn borough of New York City.

justjared.com

CR Fashion Book's new issue that hits newsstands on September 4

dailymail.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"