Giorgio Armani Privé S/S 09 Paris

Very nice, those pagoda shoulders, the tayloring in general and most evening pieces are amazing, the only thing I dislike is some of the lenghts, those 3/4 skirts make legs look shorter in my opinion, but in general far more eye catching than usual, far more couture, it no longer looks like a continuation of his Milan shows and I actually like those vibrating shades, why does everything have to always be black or muted.

OK, this a stunning collection I think. Apart from those few neon numbers, it's so beautiful. A very timeless and classy take on Japan. Some of the gowns are stunning. I love that simple black dress with yellow lining peeping from underneath the dress :heart: And that incredibly beautiful printed (probably painted) dress on Georgina (first pic post 54) is gorgeous. The shape is almost like a vase. I totally dig this.

Last edited by a moderator:
HIT AND MISS... i love some, and i hate the rest... although it's pretty 50-50%
maybe i regret saying he shouldnt play it so safe...
he totally shouldnt take the things i say so seriously -_- :D

i knew he wouldn't disappoint me. some very different pieces this time, but still very armani.:heart:

Last dress reminds me Alexander McQueen Spring 2009. Like some pieces but i dont like the colours.

There was this one jacket with the prints that I loved, the cut was very interesting.

Overall, it's a nice collection, although I'm not sure if the hair and make-up really did justice to the clothes themselves.

wow wow wow! Mr. Armani has really impressed me with this today. I always love his classic looks, but he really stepped outside his box for this, and it worked!

I think it's a bit of a catch 22 for Armani to be honest, when he does his regular safe hting he will be accused a lot of being boring.
But then when he tries to do something a bit different then he verges towads trying too hard and just way over-doing it
Like while there are some nice pieces in this collection tehre are some that actaully just look HORRIFIC lol I nearly vomitted when I saw some of the first images lol (slightly overdramatic maybe but u get my drift lol)

before seeing the full collection I wasn't feeling it...but after seeing the whole thing, I love nearly all of it, some of the pieces seem off to the rest but overall...love!

A bit repetitive, but really god. I love the first blue dress that was showed. Armani couture is not really risky, but when Giorgio decides to take risks he can't do wrong.

Beautiful!!! seems like he get inspiration from China or Asian.

Natasha's, Vlada's Lily's gowns at the end are breathtaking. And for some reason, I am reminded of Dries Van Noten with some of the blue/yellow/purple outfits.

Eh, I like some pieces but absolutely detest the majority of them. For me, the whole collection has a feeling of Facchinetti's Fall 2008 couture collection for Valentino except we're getting the cheaper China town version; especially in a lot of the adornments, shapes, and embellishments. I'm never a huge fan of Armani but I still highly prefer his F/W 08 couture collection to this.

Still can't believe it's from armani. VERY DIFFERENT!

I'm a sucker for the oriental, and this COMPLETELY bought me. Besides the colour palette, especially the yellow and the purple combo(yuck!), I'm LOVING EVERY SINGLE PIECES!

Just a problem, where's ai? This collection would look 100% on her!

Ah, I just can't wait for Beyonce to butcher this to death :lol::ninja:
His most directional but unfortunately, for me it just looks clunky and unrefined except a few dresses here and there. And he needs to give the headgears back to Jean Paul Gaultier

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinoiserie silliness! I realize he's trying to be daring, but the cuff shapes, ultra bright colors, and Asian embellishments just strike me as superficial. Underneath I still find it boring.

I liked this collection, It wasn't the regular Armani. It was better!

It looks really different to what Armani did before. Some dresses, suits and cuts are really great. Actually it was very unexpected collection for him but at the end well done. I only don´t like the yellow theme in this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->