Girls so, like, rule English

i like to think i dont talk this way but i probably do and i use alot of random words like 'jazz' to describe things:doh:

especailly phrases like wrist jazz and all that jazz:lol:

I use words "like" & and "so" too often sometimes. But I don't realise Im doing it until someone points it out. Ugh I hate it.

There's a clique at school which is the typical valley girl clique (well one in our grade and one in the grade below) where as my English teacher would say, "the cloud of like is stuck over them".

I notice myself I use 'like' and 'so' waaay too much when I speak/write english. I hate it though, makes people sound really unintelligent:yuk:

i use "like" when i mean to use "he/she said" ...so "he/she was like...., and i was like..." i probably use it other times far too often. but its the same in other languages too, is it not? such as in japanese, the 'translation' of the word is used FAR too often and becomes grating...its just a filler

but more than "so and like" i say DUDE way too often (im from the west coast, what can i say? ;p) "dude,can you BELIEVE what he did?!" ;p

Better to say umm and uhh than to say like and so. At least with the former,you know following it will be at least some proper usage of the English language :wink:

I'm really shocked though how at how many times in a sentence people will incessively use "like". These are people whom I would deem rather smart individuals but then when they speak I find myself talking to flakes. No offense to anybody at all. It's just annoying not only to have a decent conversation but to listen....it's like nails down a chalk board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annhedonia Beretta
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->