Givenchy Femme

everybody in Paris fashion circles seems to be talking about Sophia Kokosalaki for Givenchy...

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 29 2004, 05:48 AM
everybody in Paris fashion circles seems to be talking about Sophia Kokosalaki for Givenchy...
[snapback]379183[/snapback]​

thank GOD.

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 29 2004, 04:48 AM
:woot:

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 29 2004, 05:48 AM

I really hope Sophia does the collection and not Isaac - I'm still dissapointed that Martin Grant won't be doing it, but Sophia is brilliant :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 29 2004, 03:48 AM

good news indeed

Please, please let it be Sophia (out of the four who have apparently been shortlisted), still such a big challenge for her if she gets it, there's still the couture to deal with and the curse of Givenchy of course . . .

Still think Alber Elbaz would have made this house amazing, such a perfect fit

from today's WWD:

Sophia Kokosalaki had some intriguing characters in the front row of her Paris show Tuesday night: Givenchy president Marco Gobbetti and LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton talent scout Concetta Lanciaux. Asked if they were considering the London-based designer to fill a slot vacant since Julien Macdonald exited in April, the pair demurred, waving off the question with a laugh. “I don’t like naming names,” Gobbetti said. He only promised to make an announcement “by the end of the year.” It is understood that Givenchy is still evaluating several potential candidates, including Isaac Mizrahi, Zac Posen and Roland Mouret.

Looks like Gilles Deacon is the new designer of Givenchy...

SCOOP: New Designer at Givenchy?
Giles Deacon rumored to have the job.

NEW YORK: Monday, January 10, 2005
Givenchy president Mario Gobbetti promised to announce Julien Macdonald’s replacement at the French fashion house “by the end of the year.” Well, that time has come and gone, but it looks like a designer has been chosen. Sources tell The Daily that London-based designer Giles Deacon, who was seen today exiting the Givenchy Paris headquarters, will take over the reins of the LVMH company as its new designer. A spokesperson for the company declined to comment on Deacon’s appointment.

Over the past 11 months, speculation has been rampant as to who might take over at Givenchy. The house is not showing couture this January, but the Fall/Winter 2005 ready to wear presentation is scheduled to proceed in March as planned.

This was not an easy search for the beleaguered house, whose post-Alexander McQueen era has been neither a critical nor a popular success. Gobbetti was spotted in Paris last October at Martin Grant and Sophia Kokosalaki’s shows. Before then, Zac Posen, Roland Mouret, Isaac Mizrahi and the brilliant Alber Elbaz were rumored contenders for Hubert de Givenchy’s yet unclaimed throne.

Giles Deacon, who most recently left Bottega Veneta to launch his own collection in 2004, taking with him stylist Katie Grand, has enjoyed a good deal of recent buzz. A graduate of Central St. Martins in London, he began his career in the early 1990s, when his strong graduating portfolio caught Tom Ford’s eye. Deacon spent ten years working for Tom at Gucci and then Bottega.

Deacon’s Spring 05 show was the hot ticket in London last September, featuring supermodels Karolina Kurkova, Karen Elson and Linda Evangelista, but for the critics, the verdict on the designer’s solo performance is still out. If he makes the cut at Givenchy, this will be Deacon’s first real shot at stardom.

hmmm not too bad choice after all.. i quite like his work , thanks for picking this up for us kimair :flower:

thanks kimair...it seems that having gucci, prada or dior on your resume is somewhat crucial these days...

softgrey said:
thanks kimair...it seems that having gucci, prada or dior on your resume is somewhat crucial these days...

means you know how to sell clothes...i think that's the reasoning :unsure:

You're welcome :flower::heart:

I'm a bit disappointed by the decision, although I do like his work. I agree with softie; it seems working with one of the big 3 is important to landing a bigger gig.

There wasn't anything about this in WWD today...still awaiting the "official" notification...

yes, strange wwd hasnt have this up yet..

btw, trust me, Sophia seems to be cooking something better and possibly bigger than Givenchy, she recently said she didnt care much for the givenchy chair ...

more news from WWD...apparently the word on a new designer isn't expected until March :unsure:

Givenchy Nixes Couture Show

PARIS — Givenchy will not create a collection for couture week here later this month — but the future of high fashion at the French house is secure.

Chief executive Marco Gobbetti confirmed those facts Wednesday, scuttling rumblings that parent LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, which is in the throes of selling off Christian Lacroix, might dispose of another money-losing couture operation.

“We have big plans for the couture,” Gobbetti assured in an interview. “We take very seriously the future of the brand.”

Questions surrounding Givenchy’s prospects have been exacerbated by its lengthy search for a women’s creative director to succeed Julien Macdonald, who exited last April after a three-year stint. Since then, Givenchy has forgone the runway and ceased advertising its fashions and accessories.

But Gobbetti said he’s zeroing in on a finalist and could announce a new designer by March. He declined to elaborate.

Meanwhile, he said Givenchy’s in-house design team is preparing a women’s pre-fall ready-to-wear collection to show to retailers starting Jan. 24 and it would “work directly with [couture] clients to prepare things expressly for them.”

Were they even on the Haute Couture schedule?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->